Power Rangers Series Discussion Thread

Re: Power Rangers: Super Legends!

So...he...he said that?

No

it was more like what I said dude

"I have to go" they asked why he replies "I just checked my wardrobe , and there is a serious shortage of black" mocking them openly wearing their colours
Same joke but in a less insulting way.

There was a few cool things like that in dino thunder

Hey, Mole, were you into the Dino Force one when it was on? I was just reading on Wiki that the original green ranger, Tommy Oliver, came back as an older character for that series. That's sort of cool. He was always my favourite one back when I watched it.

Yes he did and that lead a load of heads up to the original series as well as earlier series. And some cool scenes check page 3 of this thread and you'll see me mention some cool features to dino thunder

Just a shame it was followed by S.P.D and Mystic Force were not that strong of a series

Last edited:

Im debating on whether this should be transformed into a Power Rangers series Discussion thread and moved into television, since it seems clear that mole will be the only one picking up the game... But since many of us can get our PR nostalgia on and talk about the multiple series, I think that a larger discussion thread would be fine... Pretty sure there isn't a preexisting one.

And when mole gets the game, he can let us know how "good" it is over in that thread...

The discussion here's mostly about the series anyway.

Thoughts?

Im debating on whether this should be transformed into a Power Rangers series Discussion thread and moved into television, since it seems clear that mole will be the only one picking up the game... But since many of us can get our PR nostalgia on and talk about the multiple series, I think that a larger discussion thread would be fine... Pretty sure there isn't a preexisting one.

And when mole gets the game, he can let us know how "good" it is over in that thread...

Thoughts?

DO EET!

Thoughts?

There already is a general series thread. http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8798 yes also created by me :lol:

Re: Power rangers

Favourite series?

Mighty Morphin' after Rocky, Adam and Aisha all joined in (basically, the period of time when Power Rangers were the coolest things ever and everyone liked it). Over the years I also briefly checked out Zeo, ...In Space and Lightspeed Rescue, usually because my younger brother watched them. To be fair, PR can be quite entertaining when you get into it.

Favourite Ranger and Favourite of their colours? (incase they have had multiple)

Tommy as the Green Ranger, closely followed by Tommy as the White Ranger and Jason as the Gold Ranger.

Favourite episode

Can't remember that far back! Sorry!

Favourite villain

Um...the guy from the movie? He was sort of cool. Ivan Ooze I think he was called.

Least Favourite series?

I completely, totally, utterly lost interest after the reasonably good Lightspeed Rescue (mainly because my brother grew out of it), so basically, anything after that (although I am interested in checking out Dino Thunder purely because Tommy Oliver was in that one).

Least Favourite Ranger and Favourite of their colours?

Wasn't there a male yellow ranger at one point?

Least Favourite episode

No idea.

Least Favourite villain

Rita Repulsa. Damn that ***** was annoying.

I don't want to do a survey or anything, but as Mole already knows, I am also a Power Rangers fan.

I used to watch it every day after school. It had continuing, serialized stories and continuity (and still does!), and the movie was cool.

But Gothamite's right, the Replacement Rangers were better than the originals.

Also, Trini the Yellow Ranger is dead, and Zach the Black Ranger is missing a finger.

Least Favourite Ranger and Favourite of their colours?

Wasn't there a male yellow ranger at one point?

Yes Dustin the comic-book geek / motocross lover from Power Rangers Ninja Storm , It was also a series to feature a female blue (Tori) And 2 red and 2 blue beacuse 2 were navy and crimson. It also had Cam the green Samurai Ranger who's costume looked similar to Tommy's green and even called Zord similar only instead of flute he used guitar

I prefer originals , Jason and Tommy's little rivalry was pretty cool.

Last edited:

I don't want to do a survey or anything, but as Mole already knows, I am also a Power Rangers fan.

I used to watch it every day after school. It had continuing, serialized stories and continuity (and still does!), and the movie was cool.

Also, Trini the Yellow Ranger is dead, and Zach the Black Ranger is missing a finger.

Ha ha! Did Doom chop it off?

But yeah, I pretty much relate to everything you've just said. I've always been an on and off fan, always coming back to it every couple of years for different reasons, regardless of how ridiculously cheesy it was. Having checked out a couple of episodes on the web, it looks like I'm actually becoming a fan again, God help me.

I remember when I was younger, MMPR was a really cool show to watch, because all the grown-ups hated it. Not because it was silly, but because it was violent. There was some news story about some kids playing Power Rangers, ending up accidentally killing their sister and once my mom heard that, she forbade me to watch it. I watched it, anyway, which made it even cooler.

Last edited:

I prefer originals , Jason and Tommy's little rivalry was pretty cool.

Blech. Jason was pretty cool (especially when he came back in Zeo), but Dancin' Zach and...ugh...Trini were just disturbing to watch. I actually had a dream when I was younger that Trini was actually a man in disguise and she was coming to kill me and my family.

I **** you not.

Jason was probably the worst actor of all time.

Maybe so .... but he was cool :lol:

Blech. Jason was pretty cool (especially when he came back in Zeo), but Dancin' Zach and...ugh...Trini were just disturbing to watch. I actually had a dream when I was younger that Trini was actually a man in disguise and she was coming to kill me and my family.

I **** you not.

Yeah I loved him as the Gold Ranger (Honestly during the Who was the gold ranger thing I expected it to be david , Tommy's brother played by his real life brother who died)

Trini WAS a man in disguise when she morphed as the yellow one in Japan = Male hence no skirt like pink :lol:

I don't want to do a survey or anything

Oh and survey was just to get topic moving , you didn't have to do it.

Last edited:

So Joe Did you like Time force? Out of all the series I think Time force was more adult with things like

• The death of Alex
  • Jen and Wes "will the wont they?"
  • Mutants been treated like on X-men and that's why they attack
  • Eric only wanting to use his powers selfishly
  • Wes's relationship with his dad
  • Finding out Ransik killed Frax when he was human and made him his cyborg slave
  • The rangers seemed more grown up and serious
  • The whole Wes and Eric relationship and more

Thinking back on it that was a pretty damn great season

Last edited:

I don't think I saw Time Force.

I'm pretty sure the last series I saw any episodes of was In Space and the Turtles crossover.

But I also liked the spin-off shows, VR Troopers and the motorcycle guy, and the bug guys, whatever those were called.

Those were good shows too.

I don't think I saw Time Force.

I'm pretty sure the last series I saw any episodes of was In Space and the Turtles crossover.

But I also liked the spin-off shows, VR Troopers and the motorcycle guy, and the bug guys, whatever those were called.

Those were good shows too.

motorcycle guy = Masked Rider
bug guys = beetle Borgs (Who's costumes were used in the episode "forever red" as bad guys voiced by old rangers which was pretty cool even cooler as ever red ranger from Mighty morphin to Wild force teamed up to finish of the machine empire and lord Zedd's zord)

I know too much about this :cry:

So Joe Did you like Time force? Out of all the series I think Time force was more adult with things like

• The death of Alex
  • Jen and Wes "will the wont they?"
  • Mutants been treated like on X-men and that's why they attack
  • Eric only wanting to use his powers selfishly
  • Wes's relationship with his dad
  • Finding out Ransik killed Frax when he was human and made him his cyborg slave
  • The rangers seemed more grown up and serious
  • The whole Wes and Eric relationship and more

Thinking back on it that was a pretty damn great season

I read on Wiki that the fans were pushing for PR to made into a primetime, more adult/teen-oriented show after Time Force, but that the producers wouldn't budge, because PR was still essentially a kid's show, aimed at kids, with kids being the ones who went out and bought all the merch.

motorcycle guy = Masked Rider
bug guys = beetle Borgs (Who's costumes were used in the episode "forever red" as bad guys voiced by old rangers which was pretty cool even cooler as ever red ranger from Mighty morphin to Wild force teamed up to finish of the machine empire and lord Zedd's zord)

Ha ha! I watched and loved both of those shows.

I know too much about this :cry:

You should ask me about Turtles some time...

I read on Wiki that the fans were pushing for PR to made into a primetime, more adult/teen-oriented show after Time Force, but that the producers wouldn't budge, because PR was still essentially a kid's show, aimed at kids, with kids being the ones who went out and bought all the merch.

Yeah , It was a bad blow went from more adult with Time Force to Wild Force that was pretty bad besides "forever red" and the whole "Lunar Wolf" thing.

I hope when it stops they make a new movie with transformers style zords and more graphic adult , but that wont happen

You should ask me about Turtles some time...

About how they got beat up by the power rangers in "Power ranger in space" :lol: Joking , yeah we all things we know a lot about. I just wish this wasn't one of mine :lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back