Preacher coming to HBO

JonnyFreeze

Preacher Series

ok its been discussed on here before but i couldnt find a topic for it and this deijnitely deserves its own because if done right it will rock so hard

Mark Steven Johnson (upcoming Ghost Rider, Daredevil) is writing the pilot, while Howard Deutch is attached to direct. Johnson and Deutch will executive produce along with Michael De Luca, George Agusto, Chris Bender and JC Spink.

Preacher, which ran from 1995-2000, told the story of a down-and-out Texas preacher possessed by Genesis, a supernatural entity conceived by the unnatural coupling of an angel and a demon. Given immense powers, the preacher teamed with an old girlfriend and a hard-drinking Irish vampire and set out on a journey across America to find God -- who apparently had abandoned his duties in heaven -- and hold him accountable for his negligence.

The series was created by Irish-born writer Garth Ennis and British artist Steve Dillon, who will serve as co-executive producers. Ken F. Levin, who represents the duo, also will serve as co-executive producer.

There have been several attempts to bring the comic to the screen, whether big or small, but nothing stuck, says the trade. A movie version, to have been produced by Kevin Smith's View Askew, among others, got to the casting stage, with James Marsden attached.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=17735

Last edited:
HOLY BIG BABY JESUS!!!! :shock:

This is the greatest news in the history of ever!!!!!!! :rockon: :rockon:

You know what this means.......it's time for DREAM CASTING choices!!!!!

Now if they could just get on this Punisher MAX project me and Moony are dreaming for.

Last edited:
i dont get it, i posted this same news today and houdy told me off for it.
i dunno about marsden, everytime i see his eyes it looks weird cos he doesnt have his visor on

You know what this means.......it's time for DREAM CASTING choices!!!!!
I posted this before, in a different thread...

If budget were not a constraint, I would love to see it made with the following cast:

jesse.jpg

Josh Holloway ('Sawyer' from Lost; with dyed black, curly hair) as Rev. Jesse Custer

tulip.jpg

Michelle Williams (Brokeback Mountain, Dawson's Creek) as Tulip O' Hare

cassidy.jpg

Christopher Eccleston (Doctor Who, 28 Days Later) as Cassidy

herrstarr.jpg

Frank Langella (Superman Returns, Masters of the Universe) as Herr. Starr

saintkillers.jpg

Clancy Brown (Carnivale, Highlander) as The Saint of Killers

arseface.jpg

CGI animation 'performed' by Andy Serkis (LotR, King Kong) as Arseface!

hmmm. good choices all. i was actually thinking about Josh Holloway myself.

can michelle williams kick a**?

........although it's the same writer of the daredevil movie. feh. and the director of ....

"grumpier old men"?

can michelle williams kick a**?
Honestly, that's a big question mark, I must admit. However, I know she's got the acting ability to pull it off. I mean, "toughness" is something that can be learned, and convincingly simulated, and I'm convinced that she would be up to the challenge.

........although it's the same writer of the daredevil movie.
Personally, i've never seen the Director's Cut of Daredevil. However, people whose judgement I trust (Ourchair included) claim that it's infinitely better than the general theatrical version, and it clearly shows Johnson's thorough understanding of what makes Matt Murdock tick, as a character.

Plus, as the article at Newsarama states:

The series was created by Irish-born writer Garth Ennis and British artist Steve Dillon, who will serve as co-executive producers.
... so that's also very reassuring.

I'd opt for Tea Leoni as Tulip. She has the look more and still has the acting range to pull it off.

While Eastwood would be perfect...Brown would be a better choice than my Sam Elliot.

The rest of the casting is pretty much perfect......except for Jesse. But I can't think of anyone else to play him right now.

YES YES YES!!!!!

This is going to be THE ****.
Now if they could just get on this Punisher MAX project me and Moony are dreaming for.
:drooling:
James Marsden would be a good choice for Jesse
I find it hilarious that Marsden is linked to something like Preacher, but is also like, best friends with Kirk Cameron.

"Hey, Kirk. I'm gonna be in a show where I play a preacher!"
"Wow, really?"
"Yeah, it's based on this comic book. Take a look..."
"Oh, okay."
*Kirk flips through Preacher trade*

ouch.gif

maybe david carradine for saint of killers?
Oooo, Me Like-ey.

And behold, he rode a pale horse...

This is either going to be the greatest thing to ever hit television, or I'll kill myself. Seriously, I'll do it. Don't force my hand man!

Latest posts

Back