Preacher (HBO)

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
So, everyone knows what's up with this, right? Mark Steven Johnson's writing, and the idea was that each episode was going to be an issue from the series.

But check this out:

IFMagazine's interview with MSJ said:
iF: So will be seeing the same stories from the comic book in the series?
MSJ: Well there would be nothing new to add if we did that so [PREACHER creator] Garth [Ennis] and I have been creating new stories for the series. I love the book so much and I was telling Garth that he has to make the stories we are coming up with as comics because I want to see them.

Awesome!

I'm really hoping for a great character actor guest starring to play Tulip's dad in flashback. That flashback is one of my favorite bits of the tail end of Preacher.

Last edited:
I'm really hoping for a great character actor guest starring to play Tulip's dad in flashback. That flashback is one of my favorite bits of the tail end of Preacher.

You mean where he raises her like he would have raised a son?

:D Yeah. That was beautiful.

You mean where he raises her like he would have raised a son?

:D Yeah. That was beautiful.
Yes.

And I love the fact that he may not have been the most liberal-minded person in the world, but he still somehow made woman's equality make sense like telling her she can grow up to be anything she wants to be, and telling off educators how if she can beat up boys why can't she be into sports?

Pretty sure that was just wishful thinking, though I'm not even sure Madsen would be right for the role... I don't know what he'd sound like with a Texan accent.

Pretty sure that was just wishful thinking, though I'm not even sure Madsen would be right for the role... I don't know what he'd sound like with a Texan accent.
You mean Marsden.

There're probably better people out there suited to play Custer, but I think Marsden wouldn't be as bad a choice as people make him out to be. I think he gets too much of a bad rap simply because he's not afraid of playing "the other guy who is too blandly handsome and nice to get the girl".

Hey, I love Marsden (and that is who i meant before), he's one of my favorite working actors, but still, I don't think he fits for Jesse Custer at all.

Marsden would be alright. He was in the running years ago, when the project was being handled by different people, but I doubt he's in it now.

Apparently they want to hire unknowns for Tulip, Jesse, and Cassidy.

Wizard did a cast a while back after it was announced that MSJ was going to direct the series. They had Casey Affleck as Jesse. Actually, they had a pretty damn good cast.

Wizard did a cast a while back after it was announced that MSJ was going to direct the series. They had Casey Affleck as Jesse. Actually, they had a pretty damn good cast.

Eh. I can't see him pulling it off. I haven't seen him do anything that leads me to believe he's capable of playing a character of the caliber that is Jesse Custer. Someone with a little more of a Clint Eastwood flavor seems the right choice to me.

Latest posts

Back