Pride - Being taught in class

Goodwill

I'm sure Brian K. Vaughan, and some members of this board, will be pleased to know that Prides of Bagdhad is being taught in a colleg writing course. :rock:

Ok this is a dumb question but you don't ask you don't know. What is Prides of Bagdhad?

Is it a serious story or is it like Madagascar or The lion King?

Think first that this is going to be taught in colleges, then try to answer your own question.

(its a fable about the ramifications of the invasion of Iraq)

Think first that this is going to be taught in colleges, then try to answer your own question.

(its a fable about the ramifications of the invasion of Iraq)

Ahhh

I didn't know that. I figured might be something like I mentioned as it said a colleg writing course I just didn't know if the course was english. Or the writing course I took in collage that was about pop culture and was all witting ect.. when I did it for a little bit about a year or two ago I had to look at stuff like disney movies and say that impacted society like this while also been inspired by previous pop culture like that ect...

Pride is one of the most stunning story I have ever read. It's really heart-breaking and beautiful. I suggested to anyone.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm a massive fan, and it's Pride of Baghdad, not Prides of Bagdhad.

It's a beautiful story. You're always hearing about some soldiers on the news, but this story tells you about the version you never see or hear. It's the first hardcover I ever bought, and it was worth every penny. It's magnificent - I think it may be one of the only comics I've had to step back and think about what's going on after finishing it. The ending... I don't want to spoil it... it's so sudden, and made me seriously think about my opinions on animals and the War in Iraq... I recommend it to everyone, no matter what age you are.

"In April of 2003, a pride of starving lions escaped the Baghdad Zoo during the American bombing of Iraq..."

This is awesome. It should be required reading for any and everyone dealing with the war in Iraq.

This is so much better than some university offering a course in how to solve Rubik's cube.

This is awesome. It should be required reading for any and everyone dealing with the war in Iraq.

AGREED!

And for those of you that haven't read it, just cut your pull list in half for a week or two (depending on the size of your pull list).

Odds are you won't miss anything big and you can hunt backissues later.

Take the money saved, and get Pride of Baghdad. Every time I've reread it, I've found something else out.

It's quite profound of a book, but it's not preachy, my little brother read it and never once did anything political spring to his mind. It was just a story about some lions.

You'll love it.

Latest posts

Back