Punisher MAX Discussion #61+ (Spoilers!)

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
This is the new discussion thread for the first arc POST-Ennis.

I was very scared that about how well this could be after Ennis leaves.

I read 61.

And it was......very very good.

It was a very great set-up for an arc. Very well-written, I felt bad for the victims. The Punisher monologue was good.

But everyone who liked MAX should at least try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Punisher MAX Discussion #61-65 (Hurtwitzz/Campbell) *spoilers*

This thread will serve for the first arc post-Ennis, by Gregg Hurtwitz and Laurence Campbell, since we do threads by arcs now.

Last edited:
Re: Punisher MAX Discussion #61-65 (Hurtwitz/Campbell) *spoilers*

I dropped Punisher with #60. Partly due to Ennis leaving, mostly due to making less room in my pull list.

Last edited:

So it seems that The Punisher killed an innocent girl by accident.

I wonder how I feel about this.

Probably aroused.

I have a wider range of emotions than just aroused.
True. There's also "not aroused".

And "half chub". You can't forget "half chub".

Could be good if they do it well....

....could be bad if enough fans complain and they feel they have to retcon it. even if it's a cleverly thought out retcon suggested by robert kirkman

I'll wait to see how they handle Jigsaw to give it the final verdict.

When was this stated? Was it in the solits?

PUNISHER #64

THE STORY:
"GIRLS IN WHITE DRESSES, PART 4: SATAN DUST"
The first of three story arcs written by three of the hottest writers in crime fiction starts here! Best-selling crime novelist Gregg Hurwitz (The Kill Clause, The Crime Writer) and Laurence Campbell (PUNISHER ANNUAL: THE HUNTED) bring you a tale of death, depravity and revenge south of the border.
A little girl dead. By his hand. A line the Punisher swore he'd never cross. Frank Castle has never had less to lose…or more pain to dole out. Cutting a bloody swathe through the dusty Mexican desert town of Tierra Rota, Frank works his way up the food chain of a criminal empire, unaware of what waits for him at the top. An old acquaintance with a familiar -- and unforgettable -- face

Gregg Hurwitz is no Garth Ennis, but I'm going to give him a little leeway because he's fairly new to comics and I have enjoyed his work on Foolkiller. Jigsaw makes me cringe a little but maybe Hurwitz can work the character right and it won't be looked back on as a total failure. It could always be worse... Marvel could've given the Punisher MAX job to Jeph Loeb. But I digress... so far, Hurwitz's run on this title is pretty good, and you've definitely got to give him credit for taking a job where you have to fill in some huge shoes. I can guarantee you there were bigger, more experienced (comic) writers given the opportunity who turned it down based on that tidbit alone.

I find this arc to be good enough to where I'm considering buying one of Hurwitz's novels next time I'm at the bookstore.

I must say I'm enjoying it. It was never be Ennis level but he has a good grasp on the character.

I'm not going to make a new thread just for one arc because I think that rule is silly.

I read the first issue of Swierczynski's story. It was great. It's very much like his novels. It's going to be very badass.

I'm not going to make a new thread just for one arc because I think that rule is silly.

I think it's cause you are lazy.

It also makes sense to make an arc for a new creative team, because of the tags.

Which you also ignore.

Lazy bum.

I don't hate post-Ennis Punisher. But I don't love it.

I really don't know what else I can say. I think my loyalty and love of Frank Castle is making stick with the book when I normally would've dropped something like this.

I just read that Jason Aaron Punisher MAX X-Mas special. I liked Frank delivering the baby while people were trying to kill him. And then he kills the mother and father and takes the baby to a priest. That's scary.

I hope Jason Aaron is the new writer for Punisher MAX. He seems to know how to write a good Frank Castle and I'm sure he'll write a lot of badass stories.

Latest posts

Back