Random Science Questions

I'm wondering, me being a curious teenager and everything, what's the strongest type of alcoholic beverage? i.e. vodka, whisky, etc....

Most consider it to be Everclear. Just don't go drinking grain alchohol, you'll go blind or possibly die. Also, it's not a good idea to snort Adderall.

Since ice is just frozen water, does that effect it's conductivity by electricity?

Say, take a big ice block and put a live wire next to it. Do you get an electrified ice block?

(Comic book science!)

Stop trying to find ways to torture me.

Don't blame me, blame DisgruntledFerret and his MS Paint Masterpieces.

Comic1351.png

Seriously though, this has been bugging me ever since I read this.

Question. People's accents and speech is determined by their upbringing, location ect... all personal things. So in a movie or tv show when people switch bodies Why do they sound like they person they switched with? Logically Say I an English guy switch bodies with lets say Ice an American male. He wouldn't randomly have an English accent (unless he's doing it to mock me) or me an american one.

So Why do so many make this make? Or am I the one who is wrong?

Question. People's accents and speech is determined by their upbringing, location ect... all personal things. So in a movie or tv show when people switch bodies Why do they sound like they person they switched with? Logically Say I an English guy switch bodies with lets say Ice an American male. He wouldn't randomly have an English accent (unless he's doing it to mock me) or me an american one.

I imagine this would be because of how the vocal chords would be accustomed to a certain speaking pattern.

Uh it wouldn't really have to do with your vocal chords because accents are essentially acquired through memory. Right? So if your mind was in someone else's body, you would retain your accent. And you'd exercise the same muscle movements and vocal patterns....So yeah, you're right. Movies and TV shows don't always necessarily use logic.

There's something I sometimes wonder when thinking about Krypton's destruction. In the movies, it's caused by a supernova. I was wondering, how fast would this "stellar explosion" be? How long would it take to consume one of its planets? Like, if you were on the planet and had no way of escaping, would you just have to sit there and watch as the planet is destroyed beneath your feet, or would it happen in an instant?

Last edited:
There's something I sometimes wonder when thinking about Krypton's destruction. In the movies, it's caused by a supernova. I was wondering, how fast would this "stellar explosion" be? How long would it take to consume one of its planets? Like, if you were on the planet and had no way of escaping, would you just have to sit there and watch as the planet is destroyed beneath your feet, or would it happen in an instant?

Pretty sure it would be a quick thing.

Latest posts

Back