REAL traitor revealed in #9?

Ultimates V2 #9:

• will reveal the ID of the real traitor.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • will offer yet more clues without resolution.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • will offer a last-panel cliffhanger that ALMOST reveals the ID.

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • will narrow the list down considerably.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • I don't care anymore.

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters
I think we'll have a page like the one with Kleiser (issue 10) in Ultimates V 1 because then, with it being 12 issues, and with all the badguys on te cover to U2issue 10, the fight will begin. so like a close up headshot of the red skull or a widescreen shot of the commies or something.

and im also wondering if this will fit in with the magneto escape... hmmmmm

it'll zoom into the pupil of a dead ultimate, then zoom black out and its the black of a spider.

the emblem on spider-man's chest.

spider-man says "hoochymama!"

*is taken away by men in white suits*

i'm telling you, millar is just ****ing with all of us! ****ing, i say!

Maybe Cap did release the Banner files, but didn't kill Hawkeye. This means that the Traitor (or Wolf) is actually Cap, but has been double crossed by the real series villain.

So will we have some indication of who the real series villain is in #9? Hmm, I'll say that we see them, but that doesn't mean it will be obvious that it is them.

Sigh.

Cap killed Hawkeyes family. Issue 9 will tell us why.

Cap didn't kill anyone.

Either Ultron or the Red Skull did it in disguise.

Sheesh.

I wonder if mebbe this was all set up by Fury to find the real traitor and Cap is just acting.

Fury does mention in the annual something to the extent of "If Cap turned" and what not in his conversation with Lieberman.

I think, if I recall correctly, #10 is the one that resolves the traitor.

I remember Hitch or Millar stating they were working on an issue that "answers all the questions" and I think that was #10. I didn't pay too much attention as I thought I had yet to know the questions, as I assumed #7 (which was to come out in a couple of weeks at the time, I think) would resolve traitor (oh, how wrong I was) and that there would be new questions.

But no. My incoherent rumor-making memories have proved that #10 will fully reveal the traitor.

But you can't blame my memory. I read that offhand comment 17 billion years ago during the wait for #7.

At least now, I'm wating for #9. Fifteen squajillion eons later.

Seriously, these delays are killing all the enjoyment out of the speculation.

Last edited:
Bass said:
I think, if I recall correctly, #10 is the one that resolves the traitor.

I remember Hitch or Millar stating they were working on an issue that "answers all the questions" and I think that was #10. .
I'm thinkin' 9 will show us who the traitor is an 10 explains their motives.

Bass said:
Seriously, these delays are killing all the enjoyment out of the speculation.
Ditto

Do you know what would be really cool? If Cap really was the traitor, and they just executed him.

Does anyone really even care anymore? I get more excited about iron man then I do about the ultimates...sad but true. What's the point of knowing what's going on, when it's going to take 1 year to tell a 4 month arc?

It's all Loki, that's what I think. Don't know about you guys. Cap is gonna be like "screw this" and break Thor out and there'll be some big throw down and the Ultimates will crash, but save the world from Loki. I know what your thinkin'. "Loki said it was one of the Ultimates who is a traitor!" Maybe, but Loki has somethin' to do with it.

Latari'sFighter said:
It's all Loki, that's what I think. Don't know about you guys. Cap is gonna be like "screw this" and break Thor out and there'll be some big throw down and the Ultimates will crash, but save the world from Loki. I know what your thinkin'. "Loki said it was one of the Ultimates who is a traitor!" Maybe, but Loki has somethin' to do with it.
I love you because you're stupid.

We already know who the real Traitor is. It's The Red Skull. Now in 616 he resides in the cloned body of captain america. I doubt the explination of his assuming Caps place in the Ultimates will be quite as hokey, Millars set a pretty high bar on stuff like that, but it is him.

It's Tyler Durden!...Err I mean Hank Pym! I swears, man, he's got the Cap costume on his bed!! EEEEEEEK...actually, I dunno, but they just better ****ing tell us in issue #9 or I'm gonna hulk out, mother ****er.

It was Betty Ross!!! She wanted to do it with Freddie Prinz, Jr. without getting killed by the Hulk, so she screwed Banner over. AND THEN Freddie Prinz, Jr. dressed up as Cap and killed Hawkeye's family 'cause Hawkeye got drunk one night and slapped Betty's *** and went and told Prinz about it.

Ultimate "What If?" #1 right there ^^^^^!!!!!

ProjectX2 said:
Do you know what would be really cool? If Cap really was the traitor, and they just executed him.

That would be so Ultimate like I think.

Enough with this "It was Hank Pym dressed in a knockoff Captain America costume" Think about it. Fury saw Captain America. A Captain America he didn't have to say, "that guy looks a little taller or not as built", "The costume looks like he got it from Wal-Mart", or "I've been around Steve long enough to know what his jaw structure those don't look like his lips". Fury and SHIELD aren't idiots. It wasn't Hank Pym.

Furthermore they want Hank Pym to look like a good guy by the end of this. He's not gonna directly kill someone's family.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Enough with this "It was Hank Pym dressed in a knockoff Captain America costume" Think about it. Fury saw Captain America. A Captain America he didn't have to say, "that guy looks a little taller or not as built", "The costume looks like he got it from Wal-Mart", or "I've been around Steve long enough to know what his jaw structure those don't look like his lips". Fury and SHIELD aren't idiots. It wasn't Hank Pym.

Furthermore they want Hank Pym to look like a good guy by the end of this. He's not gonna directly kill someone's family.
And SHIELD has facial recognition software, they're not gonna get it wrong.

Cap didn't kill Hawkeye's family. I think too much is being made out of the whole "traitor" thing. My guess has always been the Wasp, but I can't see the arc turning on one member turned traitor.

Latest posts

Back