Reavers to be Ultimized via Ultimate Spider-Man.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
As Brian Micheal Bendis has stated in his Q&A panel in Wizard World Tour Chicago:

• "After the "Warriors" arc in Ultimate Spider-Man, there will be "Silver Sable" arc, followed by Deadpool and the Ultimate Reavers, which then leads into the countdown to issue #100. Bendis said issue #100 will have a lot to do with Nick Fury and his and Peter's tense relationship, and he promised a "whopper" of a cliffhanger in issue #99. "

No other information has been given at the moment.

On a related note, Bendis said this, on the record of most arcs/issues by one creative team:

"Later, Bendis said he's currently working on issue #95, has notebooks full of notes for more stories, and reiterated than he wants (along with Mark Bagley) to break the record for most consecutive issues by a creative team without a fill-in (103 Fantastic Four's by Lee & Kirby). Bendis said he just spoke with Bagley and had a good talk and expects to continue to work with him on the series for some time and wants to go farther than 103 issues."

Last edited:
icemastertron said:
So, wtf?!

A mutant hunting team from the X-Men lore, coming in through USM? Sigh...that's Bendis for ya.

BEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that is off. But, Baldy is throwing a lot more mutants into Spidey's way now. Molten man and Dagger are two that have been flirting around the outskirts of story for a while. I just think he's getting some non Spidey villains to ultimise before he's finished the more traditional ones. This way he won't get criticised for running out of ideas for Spidey bad guys later.

Oh, and the big cliffhanger for 99... Fury gets his way and Spidey loses his powers with a cry of "oh no, I'm.. NORMAL!"

And in true Baldy style he hasn't figured that we know he'll actually get his powers back in the next few issues.

Guijllons said:
Yeah, that is off. But, Baldy is throwing a lot more mutants into Spidey's way now. Molten man and Dagger are two that have been flirting around the outskirts of story for a while. I just think he's getting some non Spidey villains to ultimise before he's finished the more traditional ones. This way he won't get criticised for running out of ideas for Spidey bad guys later.

Oh, and the big cliffhanger for 99... Fury gets his way and Spidey loses his powers with a cry of "oh no, I'm.. NORMAL!"

And in true Baldy style he hasn't figured that we know he'll actually get his powers back in the next few issues.

so you dont think pete will morph? like get six arms as bendis said will happen? ( he may have been joking though).

The Captain said:
so you dont think pete will morph? like get six arms as bendis said will happen? ( he may have been joking though).
If he wasn't joking I will personally fly to America (yeah, I can do that) and set fire to his face.

Can someone give me some brief history on the Reavers?

They are a group of mutant hunting cyborgs, started by a man called Donald Pierce. They were humans at first, and through special surgery, were made into cyborgs. Among the most famous one known, was Lady Deathstrike.

Here's a full bio on them.

Sounds stupid. Bendis better make it cool.

ProjectX2 said:
Sounds stupid. Bendis better make it cool.

given the set up of the Ultimate Universe, it shouldn't be difficult.

so far, all of the super powered beings(except mutants and the FF) have received their powers due to the super soldier formula and related programs(right?). well okay, Thor is a god.

so, why not make the Reavers an extension of that. perhaps instead of the government, a hood or other private party has financed the creation of superpowered henchmen. but instead of using genetics they go the cyborg route.

Why do I get the feeling Ultimate Reavers have something to do with Deadpool......I'm starting to get a bad feeling :?

I thought Deadpool was supposed to be in the Silver Sable arc... :?

icemastertron said:
As Brian Micheal Bendis has stated in his Q&A panel in Wizard World Tour Chicago:

• there will be "Silver Sable" arc, followed by Deadpool and the Ultimate Reavers,

I dont like the sound Deadpool AND!! the reavers.....Im hoping Its not just gonna be Deadpool is running away from a group of reavers who created him.....runs into Spidey, Spidey helps him, then the arc finishes with Deapdool still running, everyone lives happy ever after.....that would be sooooooooooo ewwwwwww

I dont like the sound Deadpool AND!! the reavers.....Im hoping Its not just gonna be Deadpool is running away from a group of reavers who created him.....runs into Spidey, Spidey helps him, then the arc finishes with Deapdool still running, everyone lives happy ever after.....that would be sooooooooooo ewwwwwww

I agree totally w/that. I think good ol DP deserves a much better introduction into the UU than being thrown into a story w/the reavers, who i'm sure nobody is interested in. Unless bendis can make the reavers really cool, the intro of DP is gonna be a flop

airjavier31 said:
I agree totally w/that. I think good ol DP deserves a much better introduction into the UU than being thrown into a story w/the reavers, who i'm sure nobody is interested in. Unless bendis can make the reavers really cool, the intro of DP is gonna be a flop
*Ahem*

edit: who i'm sure nobody but ice is interested in

I have never heard of the Reavers. :(

Latest posts

Back