Recommend me some Geoff Johns

Krypto rules. He was the leader of the Legion of Super-Pets.

The newest issue of Green Lantern, 29, tells his origin again for some reason, and apparently is tying it into the next big Lantern event. If you guys want to try jumping into GL, this is the time.

Awesome. I may swing by the comic shop today so I can pick this up.

;) And Morrison says he's going to make Krypto and the rest of the Legion of Super-Pets interesting in Final Crisis.

Honestly, what I would do is read the Wikipedia page on Hal Jordan up to Green Lantern: Rebirth, give that another shot, then read the trades (which are actually a lot more accessable than Rebirth, since they focus on reestablishing Hal Jordan as a character than they do with all the stuff that's come before). Keep in mind they are writing the character for people who grew up with Kyle Rayner, so they've been reestablishing virtually everything.

The Flash is very accessible as well, though if you get the trades, it would probably help to read the introductions when applicable.

Reading JSA is also a good idea, not so much for the original run (which is good), but for when the book picked up again after Infinite Crisis, where it has been phenomenal issue after issue.

I am also in the Pro-52 boat. I love 52, and it holds up especially well in trade form.

Update - I picked up the first volume of Sinestro Corps war. I'm not quite halfway through it. Its....OK.

I will be getting the first JSA volume through the UC Store this week.

My Justice Society hardcover came in today. Hopefully I'll get a chance to read it tomorrow. I'll start it right after I'm finished re-reading The Nightly News.

What did you think about the stuff you read?

What did you think about the stuff you read?

I enjoyed the first JSA story. I haven't read The Lightning Saga yet but I do have it. Thy Kingdom Come is good so far - I'm about halfway through.

Nothing mind-blowingly awesome, but good stories. I would continue to read JSA.

Johns is one of DC's best writers, but I notice he has a thing for blood and gore.

Flash: Murmur, that time Captain Cold punched off someone's jaw
Teen Titans: Brother Blood, Kid Flash losing a kneecap
Booster Gold: The Killing Joke issue, Rip Hunter
52: Sobek, Osiris...anything related to Black Adam, really
Green Lantern: Shark, a lot of the Sinestro Corps...there's a reason the bad guys in Blackest Night are zombies

Why do you think he likes Superboy-Prime so much?

Oh hey, I'm glad this thread is back, because I just reread the Johns/Busiek One Year Later Superman story, Up Up And Away, and it's probably the best Superman story I ever read and would make a killer movie.

Go read that.

Oh hey, I'm glad this thread is back, because I just reread the Johns/Busiek One Year Later Superman story, Up Up And Away, and it's probably the best Superman story I ever read and would make a killer movie.

Go read that.

Oh I think it should definately be turned into the new Superman movie. Luthor's perfect in it.

Latest posts

Back