Recommended TV series'

Caduceus said:
Yeah, excess sounds about right. The prospect of actually watching enough tv to get any kind of entertainment value out of those disturbs me.

I reckon 70 channels is alot, i mean our 'sky network' which would be like cable i guess???
has about 25-30 channels, and there hardly anything good on, they repeat the movies like twice every day, and the rest is crap no one would ever watch like 'the view' :panic: :panic:

Shihad said:
I reckon 70 channels is alot, i mean our 'sky network' which would be like cable i guess???
has about 25-30 channels, and there hardly anything good on, they repeat the movies like twice every day, and the rest is crap no one would ever watch like 'the view' :panic: :panic:

It's on right now and my mum was watching it.

Sky's alright. I only really watch the occasional movie and [adult swim].

ProjectX2 said:
It's on right now and my mum was watching it.

Sky's alright. I only really watch the occasional movie and [adult swim].

Yeah i turned over to sky 1, and these kids and parents were wearing matching clothes....... then i turned it off

I only watch movies.....'the soup' and the simpsons, and x-men evo on cartoon network

I would say there are about 20 I actually watch. Let's see.

ABC, NBC, WB, TBS, Fox, CBS, CNN, CNN Headline News, AMC, FX, TNT, Spike TV(not of late), Sci-Fi, Cartoon Network, History Channel, Comedy Central, Speed Channel(formerly Speed Vision), and E(only for The Soup).

The thing with satellite TV and those things is that they have a lot of channel that exist for niche viewers and channels that survive by airing reruns of old TV shows.

Shihad said:
Yeah, Sky or Foxtel or Austar are cable. Hardly anyone gets them here because nobody's interested.

Last edited:
I watch "The Simpsons", "Family Guy", "The Venture Bros.", "24", "Scrubs", "LOST", "My Name Is Earl", "The Office", "The Soup", "Best Week Ever", and "Everybody Hates Chris." I may be forgetting something though.

I bought Arrested Development season 1 about 8 hours ago. I've watched 15 episodes.

Wow. Highly comical, superbly acted, and wonderfully written.

Consider season 2 purchased.

My auntie just let me borrow The Office (British version), Season 1 and 2 and the Christmas specials on DVD. If I like it, I might buy the American version. Steve Carrell, yeah! :rockon:

Alrighty, just ordered Carnivale series 1, Wonderfalls series 1, Dead Like Me series 2, Arrested Development series 2 and Futurama series 1 (can't believe I forgot that series for so long!)!! I can't wait until next week and delivery day!

Scrubs is my favorite comedy. How it is only up for one Emmy this year baffles me.

I mean, Donald Faison should've been nominated just for this!! (2006's Best Moment on Television, IMO.)

Hey, I dont really watch alot of tv (at least not NEARLY as much anymore), but some shows I would DEF recommend:

Aqua Teen Hunger Force ( Not sure if still on, but on dvd)
The Shield
Nip/Tuck
Rescue Me
It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia

FX is pumping out some awesome shows lately...
I really liked the first few seasons of 24, but how many times can you see someone has inflitrated the most secretive intelligence agency?

Fuzzy Birds said:
Alrighty, just ordered Carnivale series 1, Wonderfalls series 1, Dead Like Me series 2, Arrested Development series 2 and Futurama series 1 (can't believe I forgot that series for so long!)!! I can't wait until next week and delivery day!
Man, I saw one episode of Wonderfalls and fell in love. Then never saw another. God damned fox canceling shows like that. Come on, we had an immaculate lesbian pregnancy coming!

Lemmie re-reccomend Deadwood. A semi-historical western set in the town of, guess the name, Deadwood. The first 2 seasons (series to you limey buggers) have been released on DVD and let me tell you, the language of this show is brilliant. Its course, foul, dipping into vulgarities that are rarely used but written in such a vivid and lyrical way as to intrance the watcher. Its like a Chuck Palahniuk novel except with more obscenitites and more guns. And no ****ty ending where you go "what? Thats it?"

Atleast not yet.

But watch it for the writing and language. The fact that its a western shouldn't automaticly disqualify it. Hell, rent it. They do that acrossed the ocean, don't they?

Last edited:
Baxter said:
Man, I saw one episode of Wonderfalls and fell in love. Then never saw another. God damned fox canceling shows like that. Come on, we had an immaculate lesbian pregnancy coming!

Lemmie re-reccomend Deadwood. A semi-historical western set in the town of, guess the name, Deadwood. The first 2 seasons (series to you limey buggers) have been released on DVD and let me tell you, the language of this show is brilliant. Its course, foul, dipping into vulgarities that are rarely used but written in such a vivid and lyrical way as to intrance the watcher. Its like a Chuck Palahniuk novel except with more obscenitites and more guns. And no ****ty ending where you go "what? Thats it?"

Atleast not yet.

But watch it for the writing and language. The fact that its a western shouldn't automaticly disqualify it. Hell, rent it. They do that acrossed the ocean, don't they?

I am gonna pick up Deadwood in due time, but it's a little expensive in shops and on the internet.

As for Wonderfalls, I'm up to the last episode. It's not exactly hilarious, but consistently chucklesome, with a delightful cast (Caroline Dhavernas is soooooo cute) and an excellent premise. Very comparable to Dead Like Me (same creators I believe).

You can get all 13 episodes for about $20 on amazon.

Fuzzy Birds said:
I am gonna pick up Deadwood in due time, but it's a little expensive in shops and on the internet.

As for Wonderfalls, I'm up to the last episode. It's not exactly hilarious, but consistently chucklesome, with a delightful cast (Caroline Dhavernas is soooooo cute) and an excellent premise. Very comparable to Dead Like Me (same creators I believe).

You can get all 13 episodes for about $20 on amazon.
Yeah, I'm hoping ot get lucky on eBay to own deadwood at this point.... that or piracy. Yarrgh.

Theres only been 4 shows I've ever liked so much as to make sure I'm home to watch.

1- My Name is Earl
2- Family Guy
3- Alias
4- The 4400

If anyone is interested in Alias or the 4400 I would recommend starting at the beginning, both shows are the type that if you haven't seen all the episodes your not going to know whats going on now.

Shield is so rockin`!

i just saw the first epiosde of "Weeds". i thought hmm its ok, i mean nothing really that grabbed me and made me wanna watch anymore episodes but i figure it might get better. should i bother?

Latest posts

Back