Recommended TV series'

I was watching Arrested Development yesterday on DVD, and realized that it is probably one of the few TV shows that I can rewatch over and over and over and still have fun watching. It's never boring when I see the same scenes I saw a few months ago (or whatever) and I still break out into fits of laughter over the jokes.

By the way, I think Season 2 was its best season. Every episode was a winner.

Season 3 had its ups and downs and Season 1 took a little while to get up and running, and there were a couple of not-so-great episodes, but Season 2, as one of its critic supporters says right on the box, was "One season-long piece of genius."

ultimatedjf said:
I was watching Arrested Development yesterday on DVD, and realized that it is probably one of the few TV shows that I can rewatch over and over and over and still have fun watching. It's never boring when I see the same scenes I saw a few months ago (or whatever) and I still break out into fits of laughter over the jokes.

By the way, I think Season 2 was its best season. Every episode was a winner.

Season 3 had its ups and downs and Season 1 took a little while to get up and running, and there were a couple of not-so-great episodes, but Season 2, as one of its critic supporters says right on the box, was "One season-long piece of genius."
I enjoyed Season 1 alot more than 2, but I'm not sure why.

I still haven't gotten to see 3 :(

I've been really getting into the Blade series recently. Took me a little while to get past the show's snipes-less-ness but you soon adapt. The really key to that show is just how much you see from the vamps perspective.

Been trying to get into Eureka - but I seem to see everything comming from a mile away in it. Too many rehashed Star Trek ideas.

If you really want a good laugh - try the British motoring show Top Gear, it's probably the funniest thing on TV right now (except from maybe Earl). You can download it in all the usual places - it's not just for petrol-heads - but if you like your cars it helps.

Last edited:
A REALLY good show that is on is "Hustle". AMC is airing Season 2 right now.

Season 1 DVD comes out Sept 5...

hustle1nc.jpg

It's a british series...and the show is actually on several seasons ahead of us in the States.

If you like con stuf like Ocean's 11, Matchstick Men, etc...then you'll love this show.

Victor Von Doom said:
A REALLY good show that is on is "Hustle". AMC is airing Season 2 right now.

Season 1 DVD comes out Sept 5...

hustle1nc.jpg

It's a british series...and the show is actually on several seasons ahead of us in the States.

If you like con stuf like Ocean's 11, Matchstick Men, etc...then you'll love this show.
Excellent... Can't wait to see that. I worked the night it was normaly on.

one can get spaced on dvd? is that only in britain? i need my simon pegg fix!

venture bros. rules, and its getting better with age, as its continuity based.

I tried watching Hustle, but I just couldn't get over the fact that everyone was British.

iceman said:
one can get spaced on dvd? is that only in britain? i need my simon pegg fix!
I've been trying to find it. I may just have to get it off of EBay.

Bass says he won't watch Arrested Developement until I've gotten a hold of Spaced, so it's important that I get it.

Here's an underappreciated gem that just came out on DVD a few days ago...STELLA. It ran for one Season last year, and has neither been renewed nor cancelled...yet.

Honestly, it's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. It's a zany, off-the-wall, sureal comedy about three roommates, Michael, Michael, and David, who get into crazy Marx Brothers-like situations. I can't describe it. It's like Arrested Development meets the 3 Stooges meets Naked Gun.

There are a million subtle jokes and stuff in each episode that demand re-watching to fully appreciate(like a character randomly doing a silly walk in one shot, someone purposely looking at the camera, words mispronounced for no reason, different clothes between shots, etc.). Plus there are all kinds of celebrities who have cameo roles on the show like Janeane Garofalo, Sam Rockwell, Edward Norton, and more.

Starring Michael Showalter, Michael Ian Black, and David Wain(from Wet Hot American Summer, The State, Best Week Ever, The Baxter), I can't recommend this show enough. Arrested Development fans should especially like it.

ultimatedjf knows what I'm talkin' 'bout.:rockon:

StellaSeason1.jpg

Last edited:
Michael Showalter came to my college a week or so ago... he was ****ing awesome.

Here's my stash:

SHOWTIME
-Dead Like Me
---Season 1 - Four Stars
---Season 2 - Five Stars
-Queer as Folk
---Season 1 - Four Stars
---Season 2 - Four Stars
---Season 3 - Five Stars
-Weeds
---Season 1 - Five Stars and then Some

HBO
-Entourage
---Season 1 - Four Stars
---Season 2 - Five Stars

Fox
-Arrested Development
---Season 1 - Five Stars
---Season 2 - Five Stars
---Season 3 - Five Stars
-Family Guy
- All Seasons - Four Stars
-Futurama
---Season 3 - Five Stars

ABC
-Desperate Housewives
---Season 1 - Five Stars

NBC
-West Wing
---Season 1 - Four Stars
---Season 2 - Five Stars
---Season 3 - Five Stars
---Season 4 - Five Stars
---Season 5 - Three Stars

Comedy Central
-Drawn Together
---Season 1 - Three Stars with many Four Star moments

MTV
-Clone High
---Season 1 - Five Hundred Stars

Adult Swim
-Venture Bros.
--- Season 1 - Five Stars
-Boondocks
--- Season 1 - Four Stars
-Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law
--- Season 1 - Four Stars (three for some episodes)

Victor Von Doom said:
British people are the coolest. Especially the ones with really rank Cockney accents.

Not 'alf, Danny-Boy.

I really recommend the UK version of The Office. I think it might be the funniest thing I have ever seen. Ricky Gervais is a genius.

I recommend the following.

The Venture Bros. - brilliant and funny
Entourage - great show
Rescue Me - perfect mix of comedy and drama
Family Guy - wasn't impressed with the Season opener, but it'll bounce back
Bleach - Great show in Japanese and they didn't screw up the English
Drawn Together - retarded, but fun
Naruto - an acquired taste I think, but I love it

Last edited:
Family Guy - wasn't impressed with the Season opener, but it'll bounce back

I enjoyed it, and I'm one of those guys who tries to find all the flaws in the "post cancellation" version of the show so that I can complain about how it used to be. On the Volume 3 DVD set, there about 4 or 5 episodes that I really love and would consider to be up there with the early sets. The Stewie movie was not good. But I'm really excited for Volume 4 because of the 14 episodes on it, I loved a good 90% of them.

Tonight's episode will feature guest voices Phyllis Diller and Gore Vidal(!).

So I rented FOX's show Bones:Season 1. I'm only like 3 episodes into it.....but it's actually pretty good.

And it doesn't hurt that Emily Deschanel is so hot it hurts.

340_emilydeschanel_davidboreanaz_bones.jpg

So I rented FOX's show Bones:Season 1. I'm only like 3 episodes into it.....but it's actually pretty good.

And it doesn't hurt that Emily Deschanel is so hot it hurts.

340_emilydeschanel_davidboreanaz_bones.jpg

...she doesn't look like a real person in that pic. She looks like one of those creepy Japaneses resin model kits.

I've been watching The Class on CBS lately. Its like a train wreck. Its so bad but i can't look away. I think they had 3 bad sitcom ideas and mixed them into one mediocre show. The cast is split into 3 groups which have no crossover except in the first and last episodes they've shown. And the actors... they had one dececent one and it was the girl who played Darlene on Rosanne. And she was only one like 3 episodes.

And I'm still watching it.

Latest posts

Back