Robert Kirkman discusses 9-issue Ultimate X-Men run with Newsarama

Baxter said:
Newsarama has put up an pretty good interview with Miser Kirkman right HERE on his plans for his run. Only one Ultimitization, and a focus on expanding what's already been done instead of just adding new things.

Yay!! Rogue will be back!! And more spotlight for Colossus, Chuck and Wolverine....

Awesome find Bax. Thanks.

RK: I really like Iceman and what Brian K. Vaughan has done with Rogue. I think I'm going to have some fun with them.
:cry: <--Happy tears

Last edited:
icemastertron said:
No, I want Vaughan to come back. (No offense to MM)

:cry: <--sad tears

I agree, I preferred Vaughan much more on the title than Millar, but I'm looking forward to Kirkman on the title, especially after reading this:

Robert Kirkman said:
I love all the books. The Ultimates, Ultimate FF, and Ultimate Spider-Man are all top-notch books. I'm a continuity nut. I really dig the stuff. I really like that (for the most part) Ultimate Marvel is a tight knit little universe that ties together pretty nicely.

Thats what I like to hear.

So its a nine-issue run as it stands now, so either that means three 3-issue arcs, or the first 3-issue arc "Date Night" followed by a big 6-issue arc to set up for Singer's run (if that ever happens).

Tomar said:
im looking forward to a new writer but does anyone else just want millar to come back to uxm.
Not really. Millar had a great run on the title, but it also felt like he did all he wanted to. Begging for him to come back is the exact same thing as all the people who wanted Claremont back in 616. It just didn't work out once it started again.

Robert Kirkman said:
Ultimate Colossus is also another I think I'm going to have fun with.

Date Night is the first arc, did he say??

*crosses fingers that JP is coming to the X-Mansion*

Otherwise, I'm THRILLED they're doing a nine-part art focused on developing these characters... I mean, yeah....

:D

TheManWithoutFear said:
Did he say he's gonna take a crack at a new ultimization? Where's Cyclops?
he said that there's going to be one, and a brand new character, guarnteed to be 1000 times cooler than Gheldof.

DIrishB said:
So its a nine-issue run as it stands now, so either that means three 3-issue arcs, or the first 3-issue arc "Date Night" followed by a big 6-issue arc to set up for Singer's run (if that ever happens).

I think it's three 3-issue arcs. It's been said that Raney will do the first three, then Steve Dillion will do an arc, than Raney will be back at the end. It'd make sense if it was 3, 3 and 3. I'm certainly looking foward to Kirkman's run. Vaughan did all the Ultimitizations, now Kirkman will be there to flesh all of these characters out. Then, Singer can do his thing (Whatever that is).

Lynx said:
I think it's three 3-issue arcs. It's been said that Raney will do the first three, then Steve Dillion will do an arc, than Raney will be back at the end. It'd make sense if it was 3, 3 and 3. I'm certainly looking foward to Kirkman's run. Vaughan did all the Ultimitizations, now Kirkman will be there to flesh all of these characters out. Then, Singer can do his thing (Whatever that is).

Gotcha, makes sense to me. I'd almost forgotten about the artist situation. That pretty much confirms it then.

Also, this means that if Kirkman only does the 9 issues, Singer will come onto the title with UXM #75. Which is a good thing to start off a new arc with a new writer. Should be good...I hope.

Baxter said:
Kirkman's damn good man. If you get the job then you've got to pre-order the Walking Dead Omnibus off www.dcbservice.com. $50 plus shipping :wink:

I agree, Miller was good, Vaughn was awsome, and I don't think Kirkman will let us down, I totaly dig The Walking Dead, so I'm looking forward to this.

DIrishB said:
Gotcha, makes sense to me. I'd almost forgotten about the artist situation. That pretty much confirms it then.

Also, this means that if Kirkman only does the 9 issues, Singer will come onto the title with UXM #75. Which is a good thing to start off a new arc with a new writer. Should be good...I hope.
You know it occurs to me that I've been hearing about this Singer arc for over a year and a half now. If this was a finished movie we'd all admit it was crap and it would be running at 3am on sci fi by now.

DIrishB said:
Well put. So this makes Bendis the worst UXM writer so far then huh? Or Chuck Austen (on the Gambit two issue arc).

I liked the Chuck Austen take on Gambit, and it should have stuck in my opinion. The Cry Wolf version annoyed me to no end.

Latest posts

Back