Robot Chicken

ultimatedjf

What a sweet show. I have the Season 1 DVD, and it is worth every dollar.

Some of my favorites (so far):

-Noah's Arc
-Senor Clean
-Jesus' "Boo!"
-Walt Disney's head
-Voltron dance off
-many, many more.....

If they sold this here, I'd probably buy it. Maybe some store will have it... hopefully.

I hope the PS3 is multi-region, then I can import these DVDs from Amazon.

Damn those aviatars are confusing me.

Yes this show is hilarious, The Darkest sketch ever one is great, so is the villain's carpool. I rarely get to see this show. Must be a ***** to make

Random said:
Damn those aviatars are confusing me.

Yes this show is hilarious, The Darkest sketch ever one is great, so is the villain's carpool. I rarely get to see this show. Must be a ***** to make

Don't worry, I'll get tired of it soon.

It's good to know it annoys people though.

Ice said:
I've seen clips on youtube, and man what a freaking awesome show! Im going to look for the DVD tomorrow.

I was able to get it as a B-Day gift, but I think my dad found it for about 23 bucks at a Best Buy type place. There are 20 11 minute episodes, all with optional commentary by a drunk Seth Green and various celebs, and then there are hours of other features that I haven't even explored yet.

It definitely takes about 5 episodes to really get into.

roguefan said:
The PS3 is region free for games, not so sure about movies. It mught end up being like the PSP - region free for games, non-region free for movies.

I hope not. The main reason I'd buy one is so I could import DVDs/games. :(

ProjectX2 said:
I hope not. The main reason I'd buy one is so I could import DVDs/games. :(
I'm 99% sure that it will NOT be region-free for DVDs. The reason for this is that it will be too much of a legal matter for Sony in that case since some regions have laws against selling region-free DVD players.

It WILL however be region-free for games. That is confirmed.

Last edited:
That makes me sad. I guess I'll have to buy a region free DVD player instead. :(

ProjectX2 said:
That makes me sad. I guess I'll have to buy a region free DVD player instead. :(
If it makes you feel better it will probably not be too hard to make it region-free. Like in the case with PS2, I just bought a DVD Region X disc and you just have to load that first and then insert the DVD movie of whatever region you wanted.
I'm pretty sure something like that will work for PS3 too.

Interesting. And are these DVD Region X discs legal?

I love Robot Chicken. I think my favorite skit is "Fat One", with Joey Fatone taking on the deadly Yakuza to avenge the deaths of his N'Sync bandmates.

"We were stronger together than we ever were solo. Isn't that right, Justin?"
"Uh,...hehe,...Alright."

Britney Spears (and her hilarious lisp) is the best part of the skit.

"Haha! I've finally killed R.E.O. Thpeedwagon!"
"No you didn't you killed my friends!"
"Oh, I did? Then I have thome unfinished busineth with R.E.O. Thpeedwagon!"

"Meet my homegirls - Chrithtina Aguilera!, Avril Lavigne!, Jethica Thimpthon!, Jethica Thimpthon's thithter!..."
"I'm Ashlee..."
"Shh! The big kids are talking!...Thee? Together, we're like one big tour, instead of a bunch of thtupid mall tours!"

Has anyone been watching Season 2? They did a great skit about the "6 Million Peso Man" and last week that Corey Feldman and Corey Haim guest star as themselves. The Bush Twins' naked, drunken shenanagins cause their plane to crash in South America and the Coreys go on a mission to save them. Honestly, what more could you want from a tv show plotline?

moonmaster said:
Has anyone been watching Season 2?

Sadly, no, when it comes to a late night, 10 minute show, it's "wait for the DVD" for me. So far, I've finished episode 8 (or 9) of Season 1, and after each one, I then watch it w/ commentary.

8)

I also love the skit with Dr. Teeth's band.

Skinny Muppet: Tommy Lee gave me Hepatitis C!
Howard Stern: ........ So... are you gonna show us your boobies?
Skinny Muppet: Screw you Howard, I'm dying!

This is pretty good. I don't think it's "lol-funny", but it's worth a snigger or two.

ProjectX2 said:
This is pretty good. I don't think it's "lol-funny", but it's worth a snigger or two.

Oh no....it sooooo lol-funny. Each show only has about 1 or 2 really funny skits. The rest are chucke worthy.

The funniest skits I've seen are:

• Kill Bunny (Jesus in the role of The Bride from Kill Bill out for revenge on Bunny)
  • Dragonball Christmas (the Drummer Boy was hilarious)
  • Teen Queen Highlander

I had to make the choice between Venture Bros, Robot Chicken, Superman:TAS - Season 2. Sadly RObot Chicken lost this round. But I'll pick it up next payday.

My favorite skit was one where various superheroes are commuting to work while various supervillians commute to work. It was great.

Latest posts

Back