San Diego Ultimate Panel

ultimate-18-02.jpg

Is that Freddy Krueger fighting a T-rex? if so..... AWESOME!

If that's a T-rex then Freddy is one HUGE mother****er nowadays.

He can change shapes in dream world and since Dinosaurs are only found in zoos now days I assumed it was dream world. That and his scout uniform is not something he would wear outside.... well maybe to attract the kids.

It's obviously Professor Wolvier in his alternate boy scout uniform fighting dinosaurs in the Savage Land which were created by Butters (excuse me, Scarlet Witch) dreaming them into being with the boundless magic of her imagination!

n00b

:lol:

Nah, its just that since Wolverine was revealed as the first mutant in Ultimate Origins, its been revealed that ALL mutants in the Ultimate universe have claws. Also, in UXM #98, Professor X sleeps with Jean Grey!

You know what's sad? I wouldn't be surprised if either of those things were true.

Last edited:
Which begs the question...did the Marvel editors beg Millar to come back to clean up the mess Loeb has made? Do the Powers that be at Marvel finally get that Loeb doesn't know what he's doing in the Ultimate universe, and are trying to hand the reigns back to someone who does?

I'd like to believe they did. There's like a hundred bad reviews about Ultimates 3. Even the ones who liked the first issue were getting more discontented as the succeeding issues came out, but Marvel probably has no choice but to stick with it for now since at least Loeb's making them money.

This is probably a spin so they don't have to crucify Jeph Loeb in public since that would be unprofessional.

You know what's sad? I wouldn't be surprised if either of those things were true.

I would be surprised by it coming from anyone else but Loeb. I actually am expecting that as an explanation over it just being a dream sequence or "astral projection" deal. But with Loeb, that seems to be what'd make the most literary sense to him. :roll:

Oh, and the T-Rex will probably turn out to be a robot in disguise.

I'd like to believe they did. There's like a hundred bad reviews about Ultimates 3. Even the ones who liked the first issue were getting more discontented as the succeeding issues came out, but Marvel probably has no choice but to stick with it for now since at least Loeb's making them money.

This is probably a spin so they don't have to crucify Jeph Loeb in public since that would be unprofessional.

Thats what I'm hoping anyway. Its hard to believe Marvel would be ok with the extremely critical reviews that reveal Ultimates 3 as nothing more than a bad joke, no matter the sales. Why not have it be a critical success as well as a sales juggernaut, you know? Loeb's proven he can't do it, so wise up and give it to someone else for Ultimates 4.

Or maybe since Loeb already was contracted for Ultimates 4 or whatever they'll call it, they're forced to go through with it (apparently with Frank Cho on art). Maybe they're trying to balance the expected sucktitude of Ultimates 4 with Millar's Ultimate project (24 issues! Whoo-hoo!), which I'm sure will at the very least be strictly awesome.

I hope what they bring back is the names to arcs, or maybe even names to individual issues. I didn't think of it as that big of a deal, but now that I see that they are just sort of ignoring that you don't get the whole picture. Like, what's the name of the new UXM arc?

"Blegh"?

Travis Charest posted on Millarworld that he hasn't been contacted to do anything. :(

I hope what they bring back is the names to arcs, or maybe even names to individual issues. I didn't think of it as that big of a deal, but now that I see that they are just sort of ignoring that you don't get the whole picture. Like, what's the name of the new UXM arc?

"Blegh"?

Umm...something 'Power' 'Ultimate Power?' 'Overwhelming Power' ... Damnit, it's something...

Damnit, I had to go dig out one of the festering things and look at it because it was bothering me. "Absolute Power" is the name of the arc.

Umm...something 'Power' 'Ultimate Power?' 'Overwhelming Power' ... Damnit, it's something...

Damnit, I had to go dig out one of the festering things and look at it because it was bothering me. "Absolute Power" is the name of the arc.

will the next arc be "Absolute Responsibility"?

Last edited:
:lol: I mean, this arc should be called "A Mess Starring Wolverine and the X-Men featuring Alpha Flight, but only for a little"

I hope what they bring back is the names to arcs, or maybe even names to individual issues. I didn't think of it as that big of a deal, but now that I see that they are just sort of ignoring that you don't get the whole picture.

I agree. I liked the single issue titles, especially by Millar on Ultimates 1 & 2. They always fit appropriately, summing up the issue without giving anything away. Thats what a comic title should be.

Like, what's the name of the new UXM arc?

"Blegh"?

Ummm, its "Absolute Power". Its said it on the first page for the past 3 issues of the arc. ????

Travis Charest posted on Millarworld that he hasn't been contacted to do anything. :(

I don't like that news. I want more Charest in the Ultimate verse. Love his work.

Could it be like Hitch saying he wasn't drawing Fantastic Four?

I hope its a case of Millar or whoever slipping up and mentioning his name too early (before an official announcement) and they're trying to divert attention...? I just want more Charest artwork.

PX2, it may be just be my personal investment, or it may just be the fact that the UU hasn't been up to par, but I don't really notice arc titles anymore. Let alone, issue titles. I just want that to be an important part in the UU from post-Ultimatum and after. I don't know what I'm saying. I'm drunk.

Mark Millar said:
2009 is the year when the Ultimate line gets an ***-kicking and, hear me now, where the attention shifts back over from the mainstream Marvel U. Prepare to be awed, my friends. Moore soon.

ZOMG CLUE?!?!

Latest posts

Back