San Diego Ultimate Panel

Mark Millar said:
2009 is the year when the Ultimate line gets an ***-kicking and, hear me now, where the attention shifts back over from the mainstream Marvel U. Prepare to be awed, my friends. Moore soon.

ZOMG CLUE?!?!

:shock:

How ****ing cool would that be?

I'd actually like to see magic stuff incorporated more into the Ultimate universe if Moore's doing it. Hell, I'd even be cool with Ultimate Ghost Rider/Dr. Strange/Man-Thing/etc or something equally whacky if Moore were penning it. Profound awesomeness trumps the "too weird for the Ultimate universe" argument, as long as Moore is doing it.

ZOMG Spelling mistake?

I so hope thats not the case and it was completely intentional.

Can you imagine, Moore penning an Ultimate mini?

Last edited:
I so hope thats not the case and it was completely intentional.

Can you imagine, Moore penning an Ultimate mini?

Ultimate..... Doctor..... Strange.....

But there's not a snowball's chance in hell of Moore coming back to Marvel. or DC.

True...but God, I wish it was so. Maybe if I find some pixie-dust my wishes will come true.

I'll start my OWN Ultimate Universe. with Alan Moore! and Grant Morrison! and Jack Kirby's ghost! and hookers! and a pinball machine! (I'm totally gonna **** on that Ultimate pinball machine).

Oh, and pixie dust won't help. It'll just make your sinuses numb and the back of your mouth taste like sweetener.

Last edited:
I'll start my OWN Ultimate Universe. with Alan Moore! and Grant Morrison! and Jack Kirby's ghost! and hookers! and a pinball machine! (I'm totally gonna **** on that Ultimate pinball machine).

Count me in. But I'm not cleaning you **** off the pinball machine. Maybe Moore can use it in some voodoo ritual, though.

Oh, and pixie dust won't help. It'll just make your sinuses numb and the back of your mouth taste like sweetener.

Thats cocaine, not pixie dust.

Yes, there's no way Moore's doing this. It's either a typo or Millar's doing it on purpose to get interest in it. Moore wouldn't bother with Marvel, let alone the Ultimate Universe.

No way Moore would touch this... no way.... right?

Zero chance. Negative chance. Chances are more likely that Moore's work at Marvel will retroactively cease to exist, and any copies anyone has of it will just fade out of existence like in Back to the Future.

We'll see Baby Jesus donkey punching Mother Teresa before we see Alan Moore at either of the big two.

Yes, there's no way Moore's doing this. It's either a typo or Millar's doing it on purpose to get interest in it. Moore wouldn't bother with Marvel, let alone the Ultimate Universe.

Count on it. They master keeps on hyping.

:lol: This is insanity. Millar's being brought back just so that the UU has "empty promises" branded on each issue that he writes.

It's either a typo or Millar's doing it on purpose to get interest in it.

Or it's a different Moore? Can't think of any off the top of my head.

B. Clay Moore?

:lol: This is insanity. Millar's being brought back just so that the UU has "empty promises" branded on each issue that he writes.

An empty promise by Millar is leaps and bounds more worthwhile than anything being done in the Ultimate universe currently. Besides, Millar's stuff is ALWAYS at least enjoyable.

Him returning to the Ultimate universe is a good thing. I really don't see how you can view it otherwise in any circumstance.

An empty promise by Millar is leaps and bounds more worthwhile than anything being done in the Ultimate universe currently. Besides, Millar's stuff is ALWAYS at least enjoyable.

Him returning to the Ultimate universe is a good thing. I really don't see how you can view it otherwise in any circumstance.

Always enjoyable, but never more than that.

Not that it's a bad thing. He's great with summer blockbuster style books.

Bass said:
Mark Millar is such a hype-naut that even a typo of his becomes an ad campaign.

or a typo of the people who interviewed him. I can't believe we've been seriously speculating about this for pages.

Always enjoyable, but never more than that.

Not that it's a bad thing. He's great with summer blockbuster style books.

Like I said, leaps and bounds better than anything the Ultimate has offered up in years other than the occasional decent mini-series (Ultimate Human...thats about it).

or a typo of the people who interviewed him. I can't believe we've been seriously speculating about this for pages.

Wasn't there a thread discussing TOG's favorite hand-cream that went for 30 some pages?

I'd rather talk about the impossibility of Moore writing stories for the Ultimate universe.

Like I said, leaps and bounds better than anything the Ultimate has offered up in years other than the occasional decent mini-series (Ultimate Human...thats about it).

Wasn't there a thread discussing TOG's favorite hand-cream that went for 30 some pages?

I'd rather talk about the impossibility of Moore writing stories for the Ultimate universe.

But...

I'm cooler than Alan Moore.

I should watch out for any sock gods.

I actually posted it as a joke. I didn't expect people to believe it. You really think Marvel would go from Jeph Loeb to Alan Moore?

I fear Millar coming back after what he did with UFF. Ultimates was fine, but he made a mockery of the UFF. He ignored everything and did really bizarre stuff... Just because he could. I just hope what he's got actually makes sense and brings something to the UU. That being said, I do agree with the "Millar is better than nothing" crowd. The UU needs him.

I actually posted it as a joke. I didn't expect people to believe it. You really think Marvel would go from Jeph Loeb to Alan Moore?
Ultimate Central: Where one will believe Orson Scott Card has just bought Marvel and talk about it for 100 pages.

But...

I'm cooler than Alan Moore.

Infinitely, but not more interesting.

I should watch out for any sock gods.

Are you referring to your testicles?

I don't think anyone actually believed it. We all hoped, though. We all hoped, and dreamed...

I fear Millar coming back after what he did with UFF. Ultimates was fine, but he made a mockery of the UFF. He ignored everything and did really bizarre stuff... Just because he could.

See, thats sort of the point of the Fantastic Four. They get involved with the whacky, out of this world (or dimension), utterly fantastic or even ridiculous stuff. As far as I'm concerned, UFF #21-32 were the best issues so far. WAY better than anything Carey's done with the title since. I liked Ellis' short run, but Millar's was more fun.

I just hope what he's got actually makes sense and brings something to the UU. That being said, I do agree with the "Millar is better than nothing" crowd. The UU needs him.

Desperately. Like Gotham needs Batman.

Ultimate Central: Where one will believe Orson Scott Card has just bought Marvel and talk about it for 100 pages.

Whatever, comic snob.

;)

Latest posts

Back