Saturday Morning Awesomeness Appreciation Thread

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
So here's why Saturday morning is the most awesome day...next to Wednesday of course....

Every Saturday morning I'm up by 6:00am and out the door for my 3-5 mile by 6:10. It's so quite Saturday morning because most people have worked all week and this is their chance to sleep in. The roads are clear...and here in the midwest its always pretty sunny this time in the morning. I run and clear my head of all the stress and stuff that's been bugging me all week. Depending on sluggish I feel that day I'm in the house by 7:00am (I stretch and do the standard calestetics and push-up/sit-ups while out there as well).

I shower and throw on a comfortable pair of jeans/t-shirt and fleece pullover. I grab a few comics and head to breakfast (IHOP, Dennys, Bob Evans, etc). I can eat my sweet-*** pancake breakfast in peace while sipping on coffee or coke and reading my comics. I then eat my food in silence and then head to the bookstore.

At the bookstore I grab several TPBs, magazines, etc....and pull uyp a chair in the coffee bar and read them in silence. Again...this is just me doing all this. No wife, no friends, just "me" time. Nobody bothers me (it could be because I tend to scowl a lot ....even when I'm happy).

At about 10:15am, I grab my stuff and head to my barber. I get a cut once a week. There is nothing like a fresh haircut. It feels great. You guys know what I'm talking about. When the clippers go across the top of your head and you know you're getting the haircut you want and you know it'll turn out good......it gives me goosebumps. :D

After the haircut (normally done by 11:00am) I head home and shower again (getting all the loose hair off). The day is mine to do whatever else I want to do.... :D

God I love Saturdays.......

Anybody else got any rituals, routines, etc???

Last edited:
I work from 9am to 3pm at my crappy market research job almost every Saturday. Saturday, however, is my favorite day of the week to work there, as I usually just lounge around and not do much. I usually get out at 3, come home and chill until going out somewhere with my friends (that usually involves the drinking of alcoholic beverages) and staying out until 1 or 2 in the morning. Saturday is probably my favorite day of the week.

And here I thought this was going to be about Saturday Morning cartoons.

My Saturday Morning? Depends. Right now, I'm stuck at my recently-just-got-$ @^^() job.

On Saturdays I have off, I often don't wake up 'till noon, and then I play World of Warcraft with my girlfriend.

Victor Von Doom said:
Today's saturday morning cartoons suck.
Agreed I hate them. I use to force myself up to watch them, but now its just not worth it. I love saturdays cause it means I could just do nothing, Sundays I usually have to spend with the family, so that makes Saturday my actual day of rest. Plus it has Fullmetal Alchemist at night, how could you fight that?

Random said:
Agreed I hate them. I use to force myself up to watch them, but now its just not worth it. I love saturdays cause it means I could just do nothing, Sundays I usually have to spend with the family, so that makes Saturday my actual day of rest. Plus it has Fullmetal Alchemist at night, how could you fight that?

Not any more.

Saturday's as always been my favorite day of the week. No matter what I'm doing I feel like I have energy.

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
At about 10:15am, I grab my stuff and head to my barber. I get a cut once a week. There is nothing like a fresh haircut.

That's a waste of money. Wait at least two weeks.

Me on the other hand, I haven't gotten a haircut since July. ... I did get my bangs cut a few months ago.

Victor Von Doom said:

I read the new issue of Entertainment Weekly that comes in the mail. Then I do 2/3 of my Homework for Monday.

Victor Von Doom said:
So here's why Saturday morning is the most awesome day...next to Wednesday of course....

Every Saturday morning I'm up by 6:00am and out the door for my 3-5 mile by 6:10. It's so quite Saturday morning because most people have worked all week and this is their chance to sleep in. The roads are clear...and here in the midwest its always pretty sunny this time in the morning. I run and clear my head of all the stress and stuff that's been bugging me all week. Depending on sluggish I feel that day I'm in the house by 7:00am (I stretch and do the standard calestetics and push-up/sit-ups while out there as well).

I shower and throw on a comfortable pair of jeans/t-shirt and fleece pullover. I grab a few comics and head to breakfast (IHOP, Dennys, Bob Evans, etc). I can eat my sweet-*** pancake breakfast in peace while sipping on coffee or coke and reading my comics. I then eat my food in silence and then head to the bookstore.

At the bookstore I grab several TPBs, magazines, etc....and pull uyp a chair in the coffee bar and read them in silence. Again...this is just me doing all this. No wife, no friends, just "me" time. Nobody bothers me (it could be because I tend to scowl a lot ....even when I'm happy).

At about 10:15am, I grab my stuff and head to my barber. I get a cut once a week. There is nothing like a fresh haircut. It feels great. You guys know what I'm talking about. When the clippers go across the top of your head and you know you're getting the haircut you want and you know it'll turn out good......it gives me goosebumps. :D

After the haircut (normally done by 11:00am) I head home and shower again (getting all the loose hair off). The day is mine to do whatever else I want to do.... :D

God I love Saturdays.......

I don't do this much in a month.

Also, something else.

I don't think you should be allowed this saturday morning routine and be allowed to call yourself Victor Von Doom. They're antithetical.

ultimatedjf said:
That's a waste of money. Wait at least two weeks.

Me on the other hand, I haven't gotten a haircut since July. ... I did get my bangs cut a few months ago.

Its not a waste of money when your hair grows fast and you have to keep it short. Trust me....if I miss a week it gets ugly.

You got your "bangs" cut????? BWAHAHA!!! :lol: Did you cut your Barbie's bangs while you were at it???

Bass said:

I don't do this much in a month.

Gotta keep busy......idle hands and all.

Bass said:
I don't think you should be allowed this saturday morning routine and be allowed to call yourself Victor Von Doom. They're antithetical.

Well...you can't lead a flight or a nation if you're soft.

Last edited:
I woke up literally an hour ago... and its now almost 12:30.

This is a good morning for me.

Wow, what a nice story .. really nice ...

I felt bad this morning .. i had a party last night, so i had a few sleepovers. And the thought of my gf comming over tonight, not allowing me to play WoW made it even worse ... :wink:

And another thing:

Victor Von Doom said:
At about 10:15am, I grab my stuff and head to my barber. I get a cut once a week. There is nothing like a fresh haircut. It feels great. You guys know what I'm talking about.

pict00134kl.jpg

Um... sure I do.

Bass said:
And another thing:

pict00134kl.jpg

Um... sure I do.

So what was your reaction when your mom told you "Weird" Al Yankovik was your dad??? :lol:

It was either that or "I didn't know Jesus read comics???"

Latest posts

Back