Scott Pilgrim (spoilers!)

Re: Scott Pilgrim

For me it's because Cera has a very passive personality. As oppose to Pilgrim who can be easily excited and very animated. I just can't picture Cera having that energetic-goofy attitude

I agree.

Michael Cera will be fine.

Michael Cera will be fine.

I don't doubt that he can. Him being cast was a huge notch in the belt for the film. But when I go back and look at his films, I tend to see him play the same kinda character.

It's just the more I see the cast and think about the film, I think of different actors I would've cast.

I'm very interested in seeing if he can pull it off, could open a new range of acting for him

That's why I wanna see Youth In Revolt.

I'm very interested in seeing if he can pull it off, could open a new range of acting for him

If Edgar Wright wasn't involved, I'd have no faith at all. It's true, Michael Cera has been playing George Michael Bluth his whole career, but maybe this movie and this director will let him play something else. It's possible it's not been his choice to play GM, but he's been hired specifically to keep playing that role.

We'll see.

Edgar Wright is such a perfect choice of director for this movie, I think it'll be wonderful.

If Edgar Wright wasn't involved, I'd have no faith at all. It's true, Michael Cera has been playing George Michael Bluth his whole career, but maybe this movie and this director will let him play something else. It's possible it's not been his choice to play GM, but he's been hired specifically to keep playing that role.

I think Cera is just a personality actor, and the GMB role was just his natural personality

I can't believe how giddy and anxious I am for this movie!

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a movie?

I would Houde-atary this movie up so bad.

One of my friends is really excited for it. He's never read Scott Pilgrim, he's a movie buff who loves Micheal Cera's work. I told him the basic story, about how it's a kid who lives in a studio apartment with a gay guy (whose playing Wallace anyways?) and how he's just trying to get a girl. I never mentioned the whole random video game fight scene at the end.

I wanna go with him, just to see his reaction. Cause I know he'll hate it. I hope, upon hope, they don't show that scene in the trailer. Or the kid spoils himself be googling the story.

I would Houde-atary this movie up so bad.

One of my friends is really excited for it. He's never read Scott Pilgrim, he's a movie buff who loves Micheal Cera's work. I told him the basic story, about how it's a kid who lives in a studio apartment with a gay guy (whose playing Wallace anyways?) and how he's just trying to get a girl. I never mentioned the whole random video game fight scene at the end.

I wanna go with him, just to see his reaction. Cause I know he'll hate it. I hope, upon hope, they don't show that scene in the trailer. Or the kid spoils himself be googling the story.

I have been known to make fun of movies while watching them.

People have nicknamed this phenomenon Houde-Atary.

I tend to do this to movie I know I will not like. Friends have asked me several times to either stop, or begin Houde-atary during movies.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back