Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (spoilers!)

How would you rate Scott Pilgrim vs. the World?

• Total voters
Re: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

New featurette with a few new scenes.
[video=youtube;pDJ4gCjaZ0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDJ4gCjaZ0k[/video]

"I lesbians you." :lol:

I feel kinda dumb for not noticing this before, but Chris Evans is playing Lucas, so he's now been in 4 comic/superhero movies (soon to be 6).

Beck performing as Sex Bob-Omb and Broken Social Scene as Crash and the Boys is ****ing epic.

So, I've been reading Scott Pilgrim. I've read the first 3 volumes so far. I like it. I think I would enjoy the movie.

BUT - I've seen Michael Cera act. I like him, but it seems like every single character I've seen him play (and I admit I haven't seen every movie he was in) is almost exactly the same in their mannerisms, how they talk, etc. And those mannerisms are nothing like the character Scott Pilgrim. It seems to me that Scott Pilgrim's mannerisms are kind of essential to the story.

I can't see this working. I haven't seen anything to suggest Michael Cera can act like Scott Pilgrim.

Yeah... but Edgar Wright.

DSF said he saw the secret screening at SDCC and that it was great and that Cera WAS Scott Pilgrim. And DSF is the Scott Pilgrim expert.

Yeah... but Edgar Wright.

DSF said he saw the secret screening at SDCC and that it was great and that Cera WAS Scott Pilgrim. And DSF is the Scott Pilgrim expert.

I just saw that, and I trust him, but I'm just not seeing it.

I think from what we've seen in the previews is markedly different than his usual stuff.

Michael Cera is quickly becoming the new Will Smith in that any role he plays, he doesn't become the character. The character simply becomes a "What if Michael Cera was..." scenario. I don't think he'll ever shake off that AD quirkiness.

Michael Cera is quickly becoming the new Will Smith in that any role he plays, he doesn't become the character. The character simply becomes a "What if Michael Cera was..." scenario. I don't think he'll ever shake off that AD quirkiness.

You know half the actors in hollywood are the same way, their called personality actors. I don't know why every time Cera is mention people act like he's the only one. I mean Harrison Ford basically plays himself in every movie. With a slight change in motivation they're all the same. There's really nothing wrong with it.

Yeah but most of those actors are out to protect their image, not try to grow out of it. michael cera is trying to shake that. which is why he did youth in Revolt and nick and nora but the end result is always George Michael. Don't get me wrong, I love Michael Cera and I love will smith.

I refuse to believe that Indiana Jones and Hans Solo are interchangeable.

In person, about 50% of his lines seemed pretty Scott and the other 50 pretty Cera. No matter what I'm sure it was definitely a purely political casting choice, but it's nice to hear that DSF thinks he pulled it off. On top of everything else, if he were just being himself I think this would be the moment where the public at large gets totally sick of Michael Cera and his career hits a big lull.

You know half the actors in hollywood are the same way, their called personality actors. I don't know why every time Cera is mention people act like he's the only one. I mean Harrison Ford basically plays himself in every movie. With a slight change in motivation they're all the same. There's really nothing wrong with it.

Here, here!

That said. Michael Cera isn't Michael Cera in this movie... I mean, sure, you can see the familiar touches, but overall, he was thoroughly Scott Pilgrim. Exuberant, overconfident, a bit of an ******* in a kinda lovable way... I was shocked. I was expecting to like it, but I wasn't expecting to love Cera's performance. But I did.

I think it's funny that Beck does the Sex Bob-omb songs, because I've always thought that Michael Cera looks like Beck.

Yes yes yes!!!!

EDIT: Except all those letters are capitalized!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back