Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (spoilers!)

How would you rate Scott Pilgrim vs. the World?

• Total voters
Re: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

You know half the actors in hollywood are the same way, their called personality actors. I don't know why every time Cera is mention people act like he's the only one. I mean Harrison Ford basically plays himself in every movie. With a slight change in motivation they're all the same. There's really nothing wrong with it.

GIVE ME BACK MY FAMILY!!!

That said. Michael Cera isn't Michael Cera in this movie... I mean, sure, you can see the familiar touches, but overall, he was thoroughly Scott Pilgrim. Exuberant, overconfident, a bit of an ******* in a kinda lovable way... I was shocked. I was expecting to like it, but I wasn't expecting to love Cera's performance. But I did.

That's somewhat of a relief. Michael Cera is the one thing I was worried about. I trust Edgar Wright and love the direction, but I just couldn't picture Michael Cera as Scott. I like the kid, but he's got a pretty distinct acting style, and it didn't seem the right fit to me. I hope you're right. God help you, Doc, you had better be right.

Re-reading the comics (up to #4), and I'm giddy-gee in excitement.

Sweet Jesus, my pre-ordered Scott Pilgrim soundtrack is downloading as we speak!

That's like *counts* TWENTY-ONE evil exes to fight! You madman, you!

[video=youtube;9k4VwgqpYXQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k4VwgqpYXQ[/video]

Last edited:

I think this is my favourite movie of the year.

It was fantastic.

It was fantastic.

Was it all that you thought it would be? Did it set you free-ee-ee-ee?

1-up to whoever gets the reference I just made.

Last edited:

It was fantastic.

Do you agree with Doc about Michael Cera's performance (that it wasn't too Micheal Cera-y and didn't screw up the character of Scott Pilgrim)?

Scott Pilgrim's personality is so crucial to the story. I just can't imagine Michael Cera pulling it off.

Do you agree with Doc about Michael Cera's performance (that it wasn't too Micheal Cera-y and didn't screw up the character of Scott Pilgrim)?

Scott Pilgrim's personality is so crucial to the story. I just can't imagine Michael Cera pulling it off.

Halfway through I actually forgot that Scott Pilgrim was Michael Cera so yes, I think he pulled it off.

I loved all the insane and unpredictable references (I don't want to spoil the best one but E will love it). And the cameo! Holy ****!

I think I liked the resolution in the film more than the comic too.

Also: ALL OF THE BANDS ARE AWESOME.

Last edited:

If anyone is in Austin, they may want to head to the coolest theater in the world for the SPvsTW premier. Check out this cool poster they got:
SPVTW.jpg

Halfway through I actually forgot that Scott Pilgrim was Michael Cera so yes, I think he pulled it off.

I loved all the insane and unpredictable references (I don't want to spoil the best one but E will love it). And the cameo! Holy ****!

Can't wait!

OK, cool.

I did listen to the soundtrack and it's pretty great. Beck's "Ramona" is epic.

I did listen to the soundtrack and it's pretty great. Beck's "Ramona" is epic.

I like all of Beck's music, and the Frank Black song, even though it wasn't written for the movie.

Latest posts

Back