Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (spoilers!)

How would you rate Scott Pilgrim vs. the World?

• Total voters
Re: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

This movie was perfect. I had a huge grin plastered across my face the entire time because I couldn't believe how well Cera played Scott (he was perfect) and how everyone else played all of their parts. Definitely my pick for best film of the year so far. And I'm seeing it two more times in theaters for sure.

I am in love with Mary Elizabeth Winstead/Ramona Flowers.

If there's one thing I didn't like -- and there is only one thing -- it's that there was no Joseph. He's, like, the best minor character.

The theater was jam packed, and it was a large theater. Almost a sold-out showing. And yet... apparently it's only making 5 mill for Friday (don't know how that's already been reported as it's not even Saturday yet but whatever). I laughed, I geeked out, I applauded at multiple points. The summer movie season has redeemed itself and Edgar Wright has pulled off a hat trick.

A

This movie was perfect. I had a huge grin plastered across my face the entire time because I couldn't believe how well Cera played Scott (he was perfect) and how everyone else played all of their parts. Definitely my pick for best film of the year so far. And I'm seeing it two more times in theaters for sure.

I am in love with Mary Elizabeth Winstead/Ramona Flowers.

If there's one thing I didn't like -- and there is only one thing -- it's that there was no Joseph. He's, like, the best minor character.

The theater was jam packed, and it was a large theater. Almost a sold-out showing. And yet... apparently it's only making 5 mill for Friday (don't know how that's already been reported as it's not even Saturday yet but whatever). I laughed, I geeked out, I applauded at multiple points. The summer movie season has redeemed itself and Edgar Wright has pulled off a hat trick.

A

Agreed! I agree with all of that.

The people in my theater clapped as the movie started and clapped as it ended. Pretty much everyone in the theater enjoyed themselves, but I got annoyed when some of the audience reacted negatively to the gay scenes. Like, really negatively. It just really annoys me that people would be grossed out by a gay character.

As the movie started and the opening credits came up, I had chills going through me. I really haven't enjoyed a movie or been able to geek out this much in a long time.

Last edited:

People had a negative reaction to Wallace?

WALLACE WELLS?!

I hate people.

Everyone here should do their damnedest to see it this weekend... It's looking like it only pulled in $5 Million domestic tonight, which doesn't speak well for its longevity.

See it. Tell your friends to see it. Rinse. Repeat.

WHAT?!?! Where is this coming from?

Langsta's post.

I never really expected this movie to do very well at the box office... but I imagine it's the type of movie that will make a lot on DVD.

And the animation is neat!

Last edited:

People had a negative reaction to Wallace?

WALLACE WELLS?!

I hate people.

Well, I think it was just the fact that he's gay. People laughed at a lot of his scenes. But I think a lot of people in my theater had caveman mentalities. I dunno, maybe they weren't expecting a gay character. They seemed to be really grossed out at the scenes where Wallace wakes up with other guys in his bed.

Last edited:

Wallace Wells transcends sexuality and life itself.

The cameo:
Thomas Jane out of nowhere!

And the Seinfeld reference... I almost died.

I'm also glad I didn't see Planet-man. That would have ruined the entire movie.

At the beginning when Sex Bob-omb is rehearsing in front of Knives and the opening credits come on and Knives is mesmerized by their playing .... I felt like Edgar Wright was Sex Bob-omb and I was Knives. I was completely captivated by this movie. To see this book come to life is just amazing.

Last edited:
Langsta's gay for Edgar Wright!

(So am I!)

I'm also glad I didn't see Planet-man. That would have ruined the entire movie.

Hmm.

Well, Planet-Man wins the award for being the first person from this board to be clearly visible in a comic book movie. Props.

I have decidedly mixed feelings about this movie, though. I thought there were large chunks of the first half that were so exceptionally pretentious in an earnest, non-ironic way that I wanted to walk out. None of the actors' performances were edgy and self-aware enough to escape this. Wallace came close, but no cigar.

However, the second half and how it was filled with under-appreciated superhero performers was pretty awesome. Also Planet-Man's reaction when he saw himself in the movie.

Last edited:
It punched me in the face and made devoted my life to finding a way to turn myself into coins when I die.

Also there was 10 people watching the movie. Everyone was seeing Expendables instead. ****ers.

dammit... please disregard my poll vote, was talking to my friends and hit 4 instead of 5 stars.

Loved it, but wasn't really surprised I would. Scott Pilgrim is made of love. Now all my friends know why I call my little stalker Knives, it's awesome, everyone's calling her that now. Kinda pissy that the soundtrack LP isn't going to be released till the 24th. We're going to see it again tomorrow.

Oh, and our theater was about half full, but I was surprised that our theater gave the main screen Scott Pilgrim, and put the Expendables in the two smaller screens.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back