Avengers Sentry series discussion [Jenkins/Lee] [spoilers]

Yeah, then they are definitely going to elaborate on him... I think that's what Bendis is doing by just having him around.

I loved the Sentry TP it was so good

*Spoilers Ahead Matey*

i was thinking that in NA the sentry might have found a way to merge with his dark side The void and when he did this there was only 1 left a sort of darker sentry, still good but not so "Drink milk every day" good and when they merged the sentry had to fight for control and before he won control of his body the void managed to kill his wife.

Tomar said:
I loved the Sentry TP it was so good

*Spoilers Ahead Matey*

i was thinking that in NA the sentry might have found a way to merge with his dark side The void and when he did this there was only 1 left a sort of darker sentry, still good but not so "Drink milk every day" good and when they merged the sentry had to fight for control and before he won control of his body the void managed to kill his wife.

Sounds good but regardless of however it's done I think the void is responsible for the death of his wife.

Tomar said:

Hmmm...sounds like the kind of guy who would fly someone into outer space and rip them in half.... :wink:

Re: The Sentry TPB.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This was so good. It was art was incredible. It fit the book perfectly. I loved the how it used silver age stuff to show flashbacks. It was nothing like the Sentry in New Avengers I've seen. I loved his and Reed's friendship. The best parts of the books was with him and The Hulk. I love the issues of them standing ready for the Void and remembering back on the how they remembered The Sentry. This is one of the best ever. EVER. I loved the Void connection. This is top notch. Thanks to E and Ice for the
recomendation
A+

Last edited:

This was okay. My expectations were high because people rave about it so much, but it was still a good read.

I'm really enjoying the current mini by Jenkins and JRJR.Don't let the Sentry arc from New Avengers fool ya,Jenkins' mini is such a great read month after month.

*sigh*

Hmmm.

Bendis has just about ruined The Sentry.

:(

With the whole Void thing that happened huh?

The Sentry/Void relationship was perfect after the first Sentry series. They could have even maintained status quo and brought the character back and have him be this insanely powerful hero who the Avengers hesitate to use because it strengthens the Void. They could have made one of their ridiculous summer crossovers over the ramifications of using him to save the world and have the Void "come back".

But he didn't.

He didn't really do anything with him.

The second Sentry mini - which was TERRIBLE - didn't help matters either.

It's like no one knows what to do with him, despite the fact that the blueprints for the character were CLEARLY set in the first mini.

This is interesting: Rick Veitch (Swamp Thing, Miracleman) has a thing running on his blog right now about how he and Paul Jenkins created The Sentry a bit before his appearance in the Marvel miniseries. Sounds like it was originally intended to be darker: "Paul was trying to come up with a way to show the character's addiction problem as a manifestation of the unconscious." Interesting.

Here is part 1 from yesterday and part 2 from today. So far it is remarkably decompressed - today's entry really doesn't tell us anything.

The Sentry/Void relationship was perfect after the first Sentry series. They could have even maintained status quo and brought the character back and have him be this insanely powerful hero who the Avengers hesitate to use because it strengthens the Void. They could have made one of their ridiculous summer crossovers over the ramifications of using him to save the world and have the Void "come back".

But he didn't.

He didn't really do anything with him.

The second Sentry mini - which was TERRIBLE - didn't help matters either.

It's like no one knows what to do with him, despite the fact that the blueprints for the character were CLEARLY set in the first mini.

This is similar to the Hood as well. His whole backstory is set in his mini, then Bendis gets a hold of him and makes him completely different than his original character.

Who would have never did the beat down on Tigra.

This is similar to the Hood as well. His whole backstory is set in his mini, then Bendis gets a hold of him and makes him completely different than his original character.

Just like: Noh Varr, Venom, Moonstone, Norman Osborn, Ares, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Bru-Cap, Daken,

He seems to take whatever character thats risen to B-List adoration, and square-hole round-page each character into tired cliche team rolls, while maintaining identical character voices across the board.

The only character he seems to have right to me is Bullseye, but he's pretty much a one-note character

Latest posts

Back