• HD content for iTunes/AppleTV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so um as we are mostly talking about iPods here, I figured out how to get music from your iPod back into iTunes for Macs without using a third party program.

Go to the program Terminal.

type in the following command:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool yes

then hit enter.

then relaunch finder.

This displays all hidden files, and when you hook up your iPod, you can search through and find your music files (though they are named differently and it is hard to find what you are looking for, you can still get them back on your computer).

then, when you want the hidden files to be hidden again, just go back to Terminal, type in this:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool no

then relaunch finder, and BAM they are hidden again.

apple, you sneaky bastards, not letting us easily reverse upload the iPod musics. I figured you out.

This is really useful if your hard drive was erased like mine.

Heh, actually, that was concession Apple did to appease the RIAA. Which is why if you ask a Genius, they'll suggest your Terminal trick, or Senuti.

Now, as of iT6 (i believe), you can backload any bought AAC's from iPod to computer in iTunes.

*Is excited*

You n me both, if I can buy movies, tv, music directly from my iPod....I'm seriously going to need more storage space.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean, they make up to 160GB 1.5" drives.

...which is why I think maybe they will do up to 30 GB or so using Flash, and maybe have 120 or 160 GB models that will use a hard drive.

I will be getting the highest-capacity model, unless they are only introducing up to 30 or 40 GB, in which case I'll wait.

...which is why I think maybe they will do up to 30 GB or so using Flash, and maybe have 120 or 160 GB models that will use a hard drive.

I will be getting the highest-capacity model, unless they are only introducing up to 30 or 40 GB, in which case I'll wait.
I also would like the highest-capacity model available. I'm not sure if I could wait it's one of the lower ones. I'd probably go crazy waiting. :p

30 minutes....

GAH!!!

and the Apple Store in Columbus just closed and shuttered the windows.

and the online Apple Store is down...

*runs around like Kermit* AHHHHHH!!!

So far Steve-O's announced:

New iTunes debuting tonight.
Custom Ringtones for iPhone, starting with next tuesday's patch.
dsc_7605.jpg
New Shuffle colors, including Product(red).

dsc_7610.jpg
ALL NEW NANO (yes, it's kinda like the fatty that got leaked, but it's TOTALLY adorable). (o.o the nano can now do video and games)(new Nano price points: 4GB = $149, 8GB = $199)(Jesus...24 hour Battery Life Audio, 5-6 Hours for video)

dsc_7628.jpg
Rebranded iPods, now known as iPod Classics (Battery Life 40hr/7hr, max storage 160GB, all metal bodies)(New price points: 80GB: $249, 160GB: $349)

dsc_7639.jpg
IPOD TOUCH!!! It's got Wifi!!!! And Safari, and what looks like Mail. (Battery life: 22hr/5hr, Price points: 8GB: $299!!!! 16GB: $399!!!)

ITUNES WIFI STORE!!!

LOL, Starbucks WiFi previews, this amuses me, since there is a Starbucks (correction THREE Starbucks) on the OU campus. Free wifi access for the Touch and iPhone at all Starbucks.

O.O

Iphone's new price: $399

Last edited:
The iPod touch has no hard drive, and only comes in 8 GB and 16 GB. And the 16 GB is $399! Booo, Apple!

I might go get the 160 GB classic though.

And it looks like the Touch has iTunes Wi-fi. Pretty cool, but the lack of storage totally blows.

iTunes Wi-Fi and an update for the iPhone. Wheeee!

Apparently, the iPhone will also be able to access iTunes Wifi as well after the patch.

The iPod touch has no hard drive, and only comes in 8 GB and 16 GB. And the 16 GB is $399! Booo, Apple!

I might go get the 160 GB classic though.

You do realize they can't realistically fit a hard drive into the iPhone form factor, right? Plus, with the cost of flash memory, 16GB is the most we can see without a $1000+ pricetag.

You do realize they can't realistically fit a hard drive into the iPhone form factor, right? Plus, with the cost of flash memory, 16GB is the most we can see without a $1000+ pricetag.

Sure they can. They can get it into the (now) classic iPod, and it's roughly the same size.

They just announced the 8 GB iPhone at $399. MOTHER#^#$%@#%$@#&$^%#@.

Sure they can. They can get it into the (now) classic iPod, and it's roughly the same size.

They just announced the 8 GB iPhone at $399. MOTHER#^#$%@#%$@#&$^%#@.

Umm, according to measurements, the Classic is nearly twice as thick as the iPhone (sorry, not twice, but 50% thicker 11mm iPhone vs 15mm for the iPod Classic, sorry about that.)

Yeah, my Dad's going to be pissed.

Last edited:
I guess good price drops come to those who wait. 8) 400 dollars for a phone that doesn't wipe my *** with gold is still too much money but it is now affordable...sorta.

Umm, according to measurements, the Classic is nearly twice as thick as the iPhone (sorry, not twice, but 50% thicker 11mm iPhone vs 15mm for the iPod Classic, sorry about that.)

Yeah, my Dad's going to be pissed.

Sorry - I was looking at the original iPod. I guess technically it's not the iPod Classic, but you get my drift. It's the same thickness as the iPhone and just a hair shorter (1/2 inch maybe?). I have them side by side next to me on the desk.

I said that assuming that the 160 GB drive is the same size as the 30...I don't believe a larger drive is physically larger...they aren't on desktop drives, anyway. As far as I know it's just in the density of the data written on the drive. I freely admit I could be wrong on that.

I'm really pissed at the $200 price drop in - what - a month? Early adopters pay with Apple. I knew they would bring the price down after a while and I was cool with that...but $200 in a month? Totally bogus.

I planned on getting on for my wife so that's cool, but I feel gypped for spending $200 to use the phone for a month.

And no Beatles, although Engadget said that every time he demoed something it showed Beatles cover art.

And no Beatles, although Engadget said that every time he demoed something it showed Beatles cover art.

Yeah, and the "NBC" ringtone was a Beatles song.

Oh and yes, with the 1.5" drives, increased storage does equate to a thicker drive. The 80gb 5.5Gen is a bit thicker than the 30gb model. Plus, with the power that the multi-touch display needs, they opted for solid state, for heat and battery life issues.

holy moly, the Touch is only 8mm thick, it's even thinner than the iPhone.

Last edited:
Yeah, and the "NBC" ringtone was a Beatles song.

Oh and yes, with the 1.5" drives, increased storage does equate to a thicker drive. The 80gb 5.5Gen is a bit thicker than the 30gb model. Plus, with the power that the multi-touch display needs, they opted for solid state, for heat and battery life issues.

holy moly, the Touch is only 8mm thick, it's even thinner than the iPhone.

Interesting...I wasn't aware of that. Thanks. Although I assume that since it's been a while since the 80GBs were introduced, the 160 has to be roughly the same size....?

I was so geeked for a 120 GB iPod touch. That sucks balls. I wouldn't have minded a thicker iPod for such a huge capacity.

Interesting...I wasn't aware of that. Thanks. Although I assume that since it's been a while since the 80GBs were introduced, the 160 has to be roughly the same size....?

I was so geeked for a 120 GB iPod touch. That sucks balls. I wouldn't have minded a thicker iPod for such a huge capacity.

Yeah, but then you have the battery life issue, as well as I personally wouldn't want something producing a drive's level of heat behind an LCD. I agree, a 120GB Touch would have been a dream come true, but it's just not physically attractive in reality.

Latest posts

Back