Spider-Man Shocker

The Overlord

Shocker seems to be a favorite amongst some fans, but it doesn't seem like the writers do much with him. Anyone have any ideas for stories that he can be involved with or ways to raise his profile or expand his character?

I'd like to see him team up with some other villains and pull off two big heists at the same time (one from Avengers Tower, one from Castle Doom).

We need a six issue miniseries focusing on Shocker's childhood loser-ness, and then follow it up with how he learned how to make his costume by hanging out with his grandma while taking a break from grad studies.

It's like How to Make an American Quilt, except instead of Winona Ryder as Finn Dodd, it's Dwight Schultz as the Shocker.

To me? Shocker's appeal came from the costume.

Yep.

As a kid, the whole yellow quilt thing...it looked cool! I know it shouldn't but it did. And so I've always liked him because as a kid I liked the yellow quilt and it made him one of the few comic characters I could draw.

You know what Ultimate Shocker should really have been?

A neat trick that Peter Parker uses on Mary Jane in bed. :p

If they made him more like the character Horace Pinker in the Wes Craven movie Shocker, the character would have a lot more punch. Then again, Horace Pinker was more of an Electro type.

You know it's got to suck being the Shocker, being the B-list (or even further down the alphabet) electricity-based villain in the Spider-Man rogues gallery. Maybe someone should write a Shocker vs. Electro storyline, initiated by Shocker because as much as he hates Spider-Man, he hates Electro even more for "stealing his thunder" (pun intended).

You know it's got to suck being the Shocker, being the B-list (or even further down the alphabet) electricity-based villain in the Spider-Man rogues gallery. Maybe someone should write a Shocker vs. Electro storyline, initiated by Shocker because as much as he hates Spider-Man, he hates Electro even more for "stealing his thunder" (pun intended).

Shocker's powers aren't electricity based. His gauntlets fire concentrated air blasts that vibrate at an intense frequency, the name Shocker is probably a reference to the aftershocks that follow earthquakes.

We need a six issue miniseries focusing on Shocker's childhood loser-ness, and then follow it up with how he learned how to make his costume by hanging out with his grandma while taking a break from grad studies.

It's like How to Make an American Quilt, except instead of Winona Ryder as Finn Dodd, it's Dwight Schultz as the Shocker.

You know what Ultimate Shocker should really have been?

A neat trick that Peter Parker uses on Mary Jane in bed. :p

Sex change yourself for me.

Happy Pre-Thanksgiving Y'all!

Last edited:
Actually, the writters love him.

He's going to be in the next arc too.

Even if The Shocker were an 'electricity-based villain' like Electro, Electro hardly qualifies as a villain of top pedigree.

What Electro and Shocker need are really good origin stories.

Even if The Shocker were an 'electricity-based villain' like Electro, Electro hardly qualifies as a villain of top pedigree.

What Electro and Shocker need are really good origin stories.

Electro to be fair has been in more stories with him as big threat than shocker

Electro to be fair has been in more stories with him as big threat than shocker
I didn't mean he was less of a threat than other villains. Otherwise old Doc Ock and Hobgoblin wouldn't be teaming up with him and stuff.

I meant that he's hardly the guy who's renowned for being either a class act or a total badass.

I didn't mean he was less of a threat than other villains. Otherwise old Doc Ock and Hobgoblin wouldn't be teaming up with him and stuff.

I meant that he's hardly the guy who's renowned for being either a class act or a total badass.

I know I was just pointing out that Electro has been the big threat more times so he's much more of a credible villain than Shocker if that makes sense. So if both were electric base Electro would be the top dog compared with shocker.

Here is what I think should happen in regards to shocker and other Spider-man villains.

First theses new villains like Negative Nelly or what ever the hell he's called. Not needed. Why go out of your way to create something "new" when a few of the new ones are just rehashes?

Second the already established villains. DO NOT put them in a superhero type group like Thunderbolts. This hurts some of the characters. E.g Norman Osborn, I don't give a crap about why he's been helping people or been an Anti-hero it doesn't suit him. One of the great things about Green Goblin was 1 he knew who spider-man was on his own, 2 he was so damn crazy you didn't know what he was going to do just that it was going to be a great read. And within a year they removed BOTH of these factors from him? WHAT THE **** WERE THEY THINKING?

Now we have no Thunderbolts separate scorpion from the Symbiote. Not just because I want Eddie back but because it was a stupid move. In trying to refresh Mac you lost Venom, It would be as bad the other way around. BOTH scorpion and Venom should still be around. You have scorpion in completely different stories as Venom as the two are different plus BOTH are kind of Iconic in a way today.

Now just have Green goblin , Doc Ock and the typical villains behind bars or something to that effect. During this time with out the big bads running around you take Shocker and villains who do not get the chance to shine and you make them credible. You have a big story self contained to the spider-man books (we don't need to see Wolverine and Iron Man or anyone else) and use the stories to make Shocker big.

Ok his costume is dated? Just update it. His powers are weak? You improve them or put him in a situation where they are as dangerous as the otheer stuff.

Now with both of these done you've helped spider-mans A-list villains increase, In doing so you have increased the stories you can tell with him. No need for cheap gimmicks and cross-overs. This makes people buy the comics based on the fact they like it and so are more likely to stick with it, Instead of forcing them to buy an issue for a cross-over event or some **** in hopes of getting one or two new people.

That might just my thoughts but I think as it right now Spider-man is in one of the worst states comic wise because instead of improving or fixing they opt for the cheap "quick fix" that in the picture of things is the worst thing they can do.

Huh huh...you said...."shocker".

I know I was just pointing out that Electro has been the big threat more times so he's much more of a credible villain than Shocker if that makes sense. So if both were electric base Electro would be the top dog compared with shocker.

Here is what I think should happen in regards to shocker and other Spider-man villains.

First theses new villains like Negative Nelly or what ever the hell he's called. Not needed. Why go out of your way to create something "new" when a few of the new ones are just rehashes?

Second the already established villains. DO NOT put them in a superhero type group like Thunderbolts. This hurts some of the characters. E.g Norman Osborn, I don't give a crap about why he's been helping people or been an Anti-hero it doesn't suit him. One of the great things about Green Goblin was 1 he knew who spider-man was on his own, 2 he was so damn crazy you didn't know what he was going to do just that it was going to be a great read. And within a year they removed BOTH of these factors from him? WHAT THE **** WERE THEY THINKING?

Now we have no Thunderbolts separate scorpion from the Symbiote. Not just because I want Eddie back but because it was a stupid move. In trying to refresh Mac you lost Venom, It would be as bad the other way around. BOTH scorpion and Venom should still be around. You have scorpion in completely different stories as Venom as the two are different plus BOTH are kind of Iconic in a way today.

Now just have Green goblin , Doc Ock and the typical villains behind bars or something to that effect. During this time with out the big bads running around you take Shocker and villains who do not get the chance to shine and you make them credible. You have a big story self contained to the spider-man books (we don't need to see Wolverine and Iron Man or anyone else) and use the stories to make Shocker big.

Ok his costume is dated? Just update it. His powers are weak? You improve them or put him in a situation where they are as dangerous as the otheer stuff.

Now with both of these done you've helped spider-mans A-list villains increase, In doing so you have increased the stories you can tell with him. No need for cheap gimmicks and cross-overs. This makes people buy the comics based on the fact they like it and so are more likely to stick with it, Instead of forcing them to buy an issue for a cross-over event or some **** in hopes of getting one or two new people.

That might just my thoughts but I think as it right now Spider-man is in one of the worst states comic wise because instead of improving or fixing they opt for the cheap "quick fix" that in the picture of things is the worst thing they can do.

Thunderbolts is better than Spider-Man.

Latest posts

Back