Should Peter become a psuedo-X-Man?

Should Peter become a psuedo-X-Man?

• Yes, he should move in.

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • No, but he should hang out at the mansion.

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • No, keep your X-Men out of my Spider-Man!

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
Captain Morgan said:
Forgot about the X-Jet. have we? How do you think Kitty got down to see him?

X-jet. Owned and operated by the X-Men. Not a 15 year old kid from Queens. It's not like he has a license for it.

It is a robot plane now, remember? It can pick him up just as easy as it could drop Kitty off, as was demonstrated in issue 91.

The only way I could see him staying at the Mansion would be if he had to fake his own death. I really hope they don't do that.

Captain Morgan said:
It is a robot plane now, remember? It can pick him up just as easy as it could drop Kitty off, as was demonstrated in issue 91.

The point is this - why would he have any right to use for it? Why would he be able to call a jet from upstate New York to Queens, of all places, without his aunt finding out (or anyone else for that matter)?

Who said anything about him calling it? I was talking about Kitty sending it down to pick him up. It would be pre-arranged, not a spontaneous whim of Peter's. He could easily meet it some where farther from his home in the main part of the city.

Captain Morgan said:
Who said anything about him calling it? I was talking about Kitty sending it down to pick him up. It would be pre-arranged, not a spontaneous whim of Peter's. He could easily meet it some where farther from his home in the main part of the city.

That's practical?

You're taking this character and this book to a place it was never designed to be. Spider-Man doesn't fly cross-state to "hang out" with other superheroes. He hates the super hero scene and he hates being a superhero.

Spider-Man doesn't have a jet come pick him up in NYC to take him upstate to "hang out".

What makes him doing it any worse than Kitty doing it? Obviously he doesn't hate the hero scene that much if he is dating another super hero. In fact, his most recent voiced opinion on his take on being a super-hero was that he was sick of being Peter Parker, not Spider-Man (Warriors). Just because he whines a lot doesn't mean he hates putting on the mask.

And really, how the hell else is Peter going to see his girlfriend? At least he can take his mask off at the mansion. In fact, going by your logic, Peter would rather see Kitty there than fight crime with her in New York. I am not talking about him actually joining the X-team, but I don't see why he would hate being at the mansion. I mean, in the Geodolf ark, he was pretty excited about it, and seemed to have a pretty positive opinion at the end of Xavier and the X-Men.

I could see your argument holding up for 616 Spidey. But USM has been shown to be less of the resentful loner. He thinks Wolverine is awesome, and refused to leave his side in UXM Block Buster.

But let me ask you this: if Peter doesn't hang out at the mansion, where he and Kitty can do something other than fight crime, how else is he supposed to make his relationship work?

Captain Morgan said:
What makes him doing it any worse than Kitty doing it?

Seriously? She's an X-Man - it's "her" plane and it's kept in "her" house.

Captain Morgan said:
And really, how the hell else is Peter going to see his girlfriend?

Captain Morgan said:
But let me ask you this: if Peter doesn't hang out at the mansion, where he and Kitty can do something other than fight crime, how else is he supposed to make his relationship work?

This is why I do not like him dating Kitty. To answer your question, in my opinion - he SHOULDN'T "hang out" with her. It's a dumb plot device; it's like they made it different just to be different.

Peter going out with, say, Liz Allen is a) more practical b) more interesting and c) makes more sense. It also would have been a cool take to have Gwen be that person, if she hadn't been wasted like she was.

I think the bottom line is the fact that its a horrible idea. By that logic...any superhero the New Avengers run across should be members as well.

So... you hate Kitty. Okay. I can deal with that. I just won't like you very much.:(

And I don't see why Liz would make a good girl friend. She really sucks.

Last edited:
Captain Morgan said:
So... you hate Kitty. Okay. I can deal with that. I just won't like you very much.:(

And I don't see why Liz would make a good girl friend. She really sucks.

Some would consider that a good thing.

That's right, I went there.

I think it's ok if he's dating Kitty for now, as long as at some point he's breaks up with her (hopefully soon, my bet is that somewhere in the Morbius arc they will call it quits) and gets back with MJ.

Peter Parker and Mary Jane, no matter what universe they're in, will always be together in the end. It's one of those things, you know? Bendis can change all sorts of thigs, but that relationship is such a stable it's almost legendary.

Peter sure seems to get a lot of action for being 15... Mary Jane, The Black Cat, Kitty Pride, I wish I had that much romance at that age.

wildmaiden said:
I think it's ok if he's dating Kitty for now, as long as at some point he's breaks up with her (hopefully soon, my bet is that somewhere in the Morbius arc they will call it quits) and gets back with MJ.

Peter Parker and Mary Jane, no matter what universe they're in, will always be together in the end. It's one of those things, you know? Bendis can change all sorts of thigs, but that relationship is such a stable it's almost legendary.

Peter sure seems to get a lot of action for being 15... Mary Jane, The Black Cat, Kitty Pride, I wish I had that much romance at that age.

If you call being puked on action...:lol:

BTW, don't count on them breaking up in Morbius. It has been stated that MJ and Kitty will meet in issue 100 I believe. Maybe after the Legacy ark, but until then, Kitty is here to stay. And I'm for it. Kitty rocks. I think that eventually peter could go back to MJ, but he Kitty is way to cool. For all I care, drop a building on MJ. After all, their is no need for Bendis to maintain the status quo in the Ultimate line.

Captain Morgan said:
If you call being puked on action...:lol:

BTW, don't count on them breaking up in Morbius. It has been stated that MJ and Kitty will meet in issue 100 I believe. Maybe after the Legacy ark, but until then, Kitty is here to stay. And I'm for it. Kitty rocks. I think that eventually peter could go back to MJ, but he Kitty is way to cool. For all I care, drop a building on MJ. After all, their is no need for Bendis to maintain the status quo in the Ultimate line.
amen to that

Kitty and Peter could be together awhile.

After all, Gwen was not Peter's first love so Bendis obviously doesn't mind tossing the classics aside if he wants to. And he seems to like having these two together.

If MJ and Kitty reunite, I wouldn't be surprised if it was under USM's next author. Which will be in, oh, 500 issues or so.

---

Not only Peter won't become a Pseudo-X-Man, I doubt we'll even see the X-Men team in action in USM again for probably 40 issues or so.

Last edited:
E said:
All of his problems are grounded in the facts that he's a 15-year old boy living with his aunt who has to sneak out to save people's lives...nevermind the fact that he has to go to school and work, how is he supposed to get from Queens to upstate New York to "hang out"? It's impossible. There is no way.

E's right, this is a ridiculous notion!

The only way Peter could pull all of this off would be if he cloned himself or something. One Pete for the X-men, one Peter for NYC.

What's that you say? The next big arc is called WHAT?

Uh oh.

ShaggyMarco said:
E's right, this is a ridiculous notion!

The only way Peter could pull all of this off would be if he cloned himself or something. One Pete for the X-men, one Peter for NYC.

What's that you say? The next big arc is called WHAT?

Uh oh.

:shock:
:scared:
:panic:

Welcome. :D

Latest posts

Back