Should Peter become a psuedo-X-Man?

Should Peter become a psuedo-X-Man?

• Yes, he should move in.

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • No, but he should hang out at the mansion.

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • No, keep your X-Men out of my Spider-Man!

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
ShaggyMarco said:
E's right, this is a ridiculous notion!

The only way Peter could pull all of this off would be if he cloned himself or something. One Pete for the X-men, one Peter for NYC.

What's that you say? The next big arc is called WHAT?

Uh oh.
Bwuahaha!!

Welcome! That's one great starting post! :lol:

E.Vi.L. said:
If MJ and Kitty reunite....
I was thinking that too. Kitty's obviously only dating Peter to make MJ jealous.
ShaggyMarco said:
E's right, this is a ridiculous notion!

The only way Peter could pull all of this off would be if he cloned himself or something. One Pete for the X-men, one Peter for NYC.

What's that you say? The next big arc is called WHAT?

Uh oh.
That is so where cloned Peter would end up.

After a little plastic surgery.

Last edited:
MaxwellSmart said:
I was thinking that too. Kitty's obviously only dating Peter to make MJ jealous.

See...I disagree. I think they are actually dating because they actually care about one another. They relate to each other. They have so much in common. You know...the normal makings of any relationship. I don't think spite comes into play here.

Now in no way do I think that Peter cares for Kitty in the same way he cares for MJ...but I still think he cares about her as much as a 16 year old boy can care about his girlfriend of 3 months.

Victor Von Doom said:
See...I disagree. I think they are actually dating because they actually care about one another. They relate to each other. They have so much in common. You know...the normal makings of any relationship. I don't think spite comes into play here.

Reread my lapsus and then Maxwell's tongue in cheek reply carefully.

Then post a :oops: smiley.

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
I stand by my ignorant newb-ish post. :miffed:

That's how George W. Bush conducts international policies.

You are better than that. Give us a heartfelt :oops:

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
That's how George W. Bush conducts international policies.

You are better than that. Give us a heartfelt :oops:

What can I say? I'm a follower. :lol:

I will not break. I stand by my post. :p

Victor Von Doom said:
What can I say? I'm a follower. :lol:

I will not break. I stand by my post. :p

Pfft. Jack Bauer would admit he made a mistake.

Or kill me and ask Chloe to erase the thread, I'm not sure.

E.Vi.L. said:
Pfft. Jack Bauer would admit he made a mistake.

Or kill me and ask Chloe to erase the thread, I'm not sure.

Pfffft. Newb.

Jack Bauer doesn't make mistakes. He makes "calculated errors that seem wrong at the moment...but in the long run will be in the best interests of this country and it's security".

"Calculated errors that seem wrong at the moment...but in the long run will be in the best interests..."

Huh. You ever tried a line like that on your woman after forgetting an important anniversary?

Didn't work out too well, did it?

E.Vi.L. said:
"Calculated errors that seem wrong at the moment...but in the long run will be in the best interests..."

Huh. You ever tried a line like that on your woman after forgetting an important anniversary?

Didn't work out too well, did it?
When that happens he makes it her fault by acting mad at her for not having a special evening planned for him. :D

God, I wish **** like that really worked

Gadzookie said:
shouldnt spidey be in the ultimates ?
Spiderman would take away from the proffessionalism of the Ultimates. It's the same problem people have with Spiderman on the New Avengers. He's just not Avenger material.

I really think that Spider-Man should end up in the Ultimates it all just depends on the progression of time. I mean Spider-Man in the Ultimates was already set up once Peter hits 18 he's in wether he wants it or not. I really would like to see some realistic sense of time as well because I think that Spider-Man in the Ultimates would be something to see but he has to hit 18 first. Until then keep him on his own and out of the X-men spides ain't a mutant he doesn't belong there but having Spidey and Kitty hang out more is not a bad thing. I really like the interconnectivity of the Ultimate Line and I hope if they do start a 5th book they have the character based somewhere other than New York so that they are away from the rest of the super heroes.

So, I was going through the old posts, and such ( being semi-new here ) and found this thread. Now that we are 6 months ahead in the game, how do people feel now?
We haven't seen Any X-men since issue 97, and it's been nice, and I know Bendis said we haven't seen the end of Kitty but, I hope they are done. However owing to UXM 76, I'd bet $10 she's going to show up in USM as a regular..how do you guys feel about that? I hate the idea profusely, I think the Academy of Tmmrw would be a better fit. ( Thanks to that great back-up story in 75 ) I'm really hoping for some truly Peter Parker time again soon. Thoughts?

So, I was going through the old posts, and such ( being semi-new here ) and found this thread. Now that we are 6 months ahead in the game, how do people feel now?
We haven't seen Any X-men since issue 97, and it's been nice, and I know Bendis said we haven't seen the end of Kitty but, I hope they are done. However owing to UXM 76, I'd bet $10 she's going to show up in USM as a regular..how do you guys feel about that? I hate the idea profusely, I think the Academy of Tmmrw would be a better fit. ( Thanks to that great back-up story in 75 ) I'm really hoping for some truly Peter Parker time again soon. Thoughts?

I am torn about Kitty becoming a regular on USM if she does leave the Xavier Institute, which is a variable thing, depending on the end of the current UXM arc.

I think that Kitty joining the Academy of Tomorrow would be a bad idea, because I hate how little mention those guys have.

I like the idea of having Peter hang out at the mansion some time, but not joining as an X-Man, as he's not really a mutant. Not too fond of having him in The Ultimates either. But that's just because I don't like most of the characters in The Ultimates' roster (except Thor and the Maximoff twins).

I was thinking about the clones, and what would happen to them after the Clone Saga is over, and if any of the sane ones (Spider-Woman, probably Tarantula, even Scorpion if Reed manages to remove the tail) live through it, I could see them attending the Academy of Tomorrow. The Academy accepts mutants and non-mutants and seems to actually have classes, unlike Xavier's, plus I seem to recall it being far away from New York. (I might be wrong about that, though.)

I also think that Peter shouldn't be hanging out at the X-mansion a lot. It just doesn't seem right with the feel of the book.

I was thinking about the clones, and what would happen to them after the Clone Saga is over, and if any of the sane ones (Spider-Woman, probably Tarantula, even Scorpion if Reed manages to remove the tail) live through it, I could see them attending the Academy of Tomorrow. The Academy accepts mutants and non-mutants and seems to actually have classes, unlike Xavier's, plus I seem to recall it being far away from New York. (I might be wrong about that, though.)

I also think that Peter shouldn't be hanging out at the X-mansion a lot. It just doesn't seem right with the feel of the book.
I was thinking that the sane clones could stay on with SHIELD, there's probably a limit to their ability to do stuff, I mean, do they legally exist? Definately want to see the Tarantula and Spider-woman stick around.
I am agreed about Peter should not be hanging with the X-men/mansion. He's the ordinary guy. He shouldn't be hanging out in mansions, flying in state of the art jets, dating girls who make the cover of People. It's not him. That's part of the reason why I am so anti-Kitty ( besides the fact I think she is a cheap boyfriend stealer, but never mind that). Her relationship with him takes him away from what and where he should be. His superhero life and his Peter Parker life need to be kept completly seperate. They've taken the "Peter Parker no more" to an extreme of late.
I don't like him hanging out with other superheroes too, with the exception of the FF, there's something about that dynamic that works. But not on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Hmm....
As nice as it would be to see Peter interact more with the X-men, I feel that it would limit the story potential in his own book if he appeared there regularly.
We haven't seen Any X-men since issue 97, and it's been nice, and I know Bendis said we haven't seen the end of Kitty but, I hope they are done. However owing to UXM 76, I'd bet $10 she's going to show up in USM as a regular..how do you guys feel about that?

I agree that it's nice not to have the whole X-cast in USM and I won't take your bet about Kitty becoming a regular cast member because I think she will. However I have to disagree about Kitty appearing regularly being a bad thing.

I think it would be great. I understand your trepidation as a fellow MJ fan( If MJ appears in a comic I probably own it) as it has been a pretty bad year for the character in all universes(even in her own book!) and with her being "demogoblinized" in USM 101, things currently look pretty grim, but fear not.

MJ will most likely be cured in the next arc, which will also lead to Harry Osborn being cured and resuming his place as a USM regular. Harry is a favorite of mine and I enjoy the dynamic he has with Peter (Close frinds with an edge).The Kitty and MJ dynamic will probably be similar as they are alike in many ways so that they can have a close friendship, yet also rivals for Peter's attention. Harry and MJ will become close again due to their shared experiences, which will probably eat at Peter:) (I always felt that Harry makes the perfect rival for Peter concerning MJ) In the end you will have four close friends and one big emotional mess!

Also, is it me or are Peter and Harry becoming eerily similar?

Latest posts

Back