Should The Union show up in other Ultimate Books?

Er... the Union has shown up in the Ultimates during the Loki arc. The only time ever.

What is this thread doing in Ultimate X-Men anyway?

Guijllons said:
Spiderman... no chance
X-Men... possible, but really not worth it
The FF though? Doom is gonna be hanging about in Europe it seems, it makes sense that they could appear if the storyline required it.

Well don't forget that Nightcrawler is still technically a German Citizen (or so i'd assume), and Professor X's relationship with Miora Mactaggert has already been addressed. And hell, Ultimate STRIKE was introduced in Ultimate X-Men, and the idea of Captain Britain was first mentioned in Ultimate X-Men, and we do still have Ultimate Psylocke hanging out with her Dad and Brother.

I'd say we'll definately see them in UXM

Dr.Strangefate said:
Well don't forget that Nightcrawler is still technically a German Citizen (or so i'd assume), and Professor X's relationship with Miora Mactaggert has already been addressed. And hell, Ultimate STRIKE was introduced in Ultimate X-Men, and the idea of Captain Britain was first mentioned in Ultimate X-Men, and we do still have Ultimate Psylocke hanging out with her Dad and Brother.

I'd say we'll definately see them in UXM
While true, I feel that the connections are specifically with captain Britain. And also remember that this was Millars run. If Millar ever returned to UXM, one could almost guarantee a story that would include a member or two, if not the entire Union. But as it stands, I feel that UXM has more mutant related issues to be dealing with than ones of a political nature. They are after all, more geared towards society.

But you're right, the opening is there, I just think that there is enough to cover on the level that UXM is currently working on before bringing in the Union. Unless of course one of the Union is a mutant that is known in the 616, or is related strongly to one of the X-Men members.
But, this really feels quite forced, and simply a plot device to give the team something to do. I'm sure they will be having their own adventures, and bad guys to fight that won't be told in any comics.

TheManWithoutFear said:
What's Loki good at doing?
Making something seem like something else. He shifts things, perverts them. He doesn't create whole teams to fight his half-brother. If it were that simple, he would have done it long ago.

Besides the point, MwoF... It would be silly to make him that powerful. You see, to have him persuade politics and stuff like that would leave a tremendous mess for the Ultimates to clean up; and they're already sidetracked with Thor if suspicions about Loki are true... It would be a stupid move on Millar's part to have this played out.

Also, can we please move this to another thread? It's bugging me in the UXM one. ;)

Guijllons said:
Making something seem like something else. He shifts things, perverts them. He doesn't create whole teams to fight his half-brother. If it were that simple, he would have done it long ago.

I'd think that once Thor was defeated The Point of the Union, if they don't disappear would be to go all Storm Trooper on The Ultimates ***

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'd think that once Thor was defeated The Point of the Union, if they don't disappear would be to go all Storm Trooper on The Ultimates ***
I think you're missing the point of what Loki is really about here. He influences outcomes, it's about the information war. Who is seem as good or bad, who gets used for higher purposes. The media doesn't make armies, it just makes them appear to exist. Loki is the master of spin, that's all.

Guijllons said:
I think you're missing the point of what Loki is really about here. He influences outcomes, it's about the information war. Who is seem as good or bad, who gets used for higher purposes. The media doesn't make armies, it just makes them appear to exist. Loki is the master of spin, that's all.

I don't understand. I don't see how I'm missing the point in Loki. I doubt The Union is a tool of his but it's definitely very possible and would make sense. Loki would do something like that.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't understand. I don't see how I'm missing the point in Loki. I doubt The Union is a tool of his but it's definitely very possible and would make sense. Loki would do something like that.
I'm sure he would if he could. but that's not what Millar is writing about.
Loki is a deceiver. If the union are working for Loki (whether they know it or not) they would still have existed as real people, the dome would still have to have been built, if Loki engineered the program that turned these guys into supersoldiers, the technicians would work there too. they do exist. But their aim is off. That's what Loki does.

I already worked the workers into it. Because I worked Captain Britain and his father into it. They're a legit organization. Loki just planted these Unioners in there to help sway the focus on his half-brother.

Which reminds me of something. Pyslocke not being around/mentioned at all. Anyone with Telepathic powers would probably pick up what it really going on. I wonder where she really is.

Yeah, it's all wishful thinking. But admit it is plausible and it'd be a hardcore twist.

Latest posts

Back