Should they bring Amalgam Comics back?

Mavericker

Banned
I saw some of the books when the Amalgam books came out with a first and second run-should they come out with a third series? I thought it was an interesting experiment for the most part-but I think there were some ideas both DC and Marvel missed out on with the first two series.

Last edited:
Re: Should the bring Amalgam Comics back?

I loved Amalgam comics, I have every issue of both runs.

Hell, look at my SN...

But if they brought them back I'd want something more conceptually interesting than what's come before. I'd want Marvel and DC's BEST writers on the crossover, and I'd want it to have a central narrative, like one of DC's Crises. Other one-shots would be fine...

Here's what I'd love to see:

Dr. Strangefate - Grant Morrison and J.H. Williams III
Dark Claw Adventures (or even The Legends of Dark Claw) - Paul Dini
Bruce Wayne, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Greg Rucka
Super-Soldier - Ed Brubaker
X-Patrol - Geoff Johns
Iron Lantern - Warren Ellis
Spider-Boy - Sean McKeever
JLX - Mark Millar

And of course, Generation Hex would be written by Palmiotti and Gray

But it won't happen any time soon... Both companies would rather have major events that they each benefit from separately.

Last edited:

I loved Amalgam comics, I have every issue of both runs.

Hell, look at my SN...

But if they brought them back I'd want something more conceptually interesting than what's come before. I'd want Marvel and DC's BEST writers on the crossover, and I'd want it to have a central narrative, like one of DC's Crises. Other one-shots would be fine...

Here's what I'd love to see:

X-Patrol - Geoff Johns
JLX - Mark Millar

But it won't happen any time soon... Both companies would rather have major events that they each benefit from separately.

Were the Access books any good?

Didnt pick up the second series, but i liked the first series well enough.

What I love about Amaglam is that is revitalized both companies and brought them back from the brink.

But they'll never do it again, because DiDio and Quesada hate each other with a passion.

What I love about Amaglam is that is revitalized both companies and brought them back from the brink.

But they'll never do it again, because DiDio and Quesada hate each other with a passion.

I know-they were dissing each other.

Do people still say dissing?

I sometimes use the term, when I want to loosen up, instead of using some high-falutant term.
It's a common black slang-I don't know if any younger people use it.

I would've wanted to see She-Hulk crossed with someone.

Last edited:

Do uk people say dissing?

*shivers*

Only when mocking americans. Same with "homie" "dogg" "snizzle" ect.... or if they are scallies (i.e teenagers who think they are gangsta)

Only when mocking americans. Same with "homie" "dogg" "snizzle" ect.... or if they are scallies (i.e teenagers who think they are gangsta)

I was doing research on UK slang-do they use the term "scally" in Wales?

I was doing research on UK slang-do they use the term "scally" in Wales?

I'm not in wales and not been for years so couldn't tell you

I loved the conspect of them back in the day, I would love to see more.

X-Patrol - Geoff Johns
JLX - Mark Millar

With the art of

Jae Lee
Michael Lark
Steve Epting
Ed Benes
Simone Bianchi
Adrian Alphona
Steve McNiven
Skotti Young

Last edited:

Is Dr. Strangefate your favorite Amalgam character?

Yes. I liked that he was aware of the two universes that had come before him, and was doing everything in his power to keep them together. Plus he looked awesome. And was Charles Xavier (for some reason)

I've said this before but when I first saw Amalgam comic in the shops/library ect.. I saw darkclaw , Spider-boy and Super-Soldier. I thought "Oh great rip-offs" and ignored them.

Then I found what they were and was gutted I missed them. Had a chance to read some Spider-boy and Dark claw. I loved Spider-boy.

I would love to see them do a more modern one. Like say Ultimate and All star together.

Spider-boy written by Bendis would be great.

Iron Lantern sounds interesting. If they bring the series back they should do something with the John Stewart/Jim Rhodes amalgam, and make Iron Lantern a member of the JLA (Judgment League Avengers)

I've said this before but when I first saw Amalgam comic in the shops/library ect.. I saw darkclaw , Spider-boy and Super-Soldier. I thought "Oh great rip-offs" and ignored them.

Then I found what they were and was gutted I missed them. Had a chance to read some Spider-boy and Dark claw. I loved Spider-boy.

I would love to see them do a more modern one. Like say Ultimate and All star together.

Spider-boy written by Bendis would be great.

Mavericker said:
Iron Lantern sounds interesting. If they bring the series back they should do something with the John Stewart/Jim Rhodes amalgam, and make Iron Lantern a member of the JLA (Judgment League Avengers)

In the words of Bendis, Oy Vey.

Latest posts

Back