Silver Surfer Movie News.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Comic Book Resources reports:

SILVER SURFER

"In a CBR-covered panel this past weekend, writer J. Michael Straczynski revealed that he is writing a screenplay for a movie featuring Norrin Radd."

So now we have a writer. With JMS helming the writing duties, I hope everything will turn out fine. I haven't read his SS mini so don't know exactly how he handles him. Although yes, things can be different for film, you can still get the sense of how he is with the character.

Hopefully it'll be better than fantastic four : rise of the silver surfer

Will this ever happen? Aren't there about half a dozen Marvel movies (at least two of them spinoffs of a previous franchise featuring one character) waiting in limbo to be produced?

Will this ever happen? Aren't there about half a dozen Marvel movies (at least two of them spinoffs of a previous franchise featuring one character) waiting in limbo to be produced?

It'll happen. When is a whole different matter.

this is another way for FOX to hold on to the rights for Fantastic Four. When Fox bought the FF rights it acquired some characters from the respected universe also. Its like how FOX are holding onto the x movies by making magneto and wolverine movies. I mean we are all fairly sure there will be a FF3 but its not a sure thing!!!!. Right Randy? ;) i know he hates that, its something that annoys me too. But hey New Line looked like they were gonna definitely develop the Iron Man movie with Cassavates (?) signed up to direct but with no film in development the rights reverted back to Marvel. New Line even tried to buy them back again! Ive asked for someone to check on the rights for Blade because im pretty sure New Lines window for him is gonna close real soon

this is another way for FOX to hold on to the rights for Fantastic Four. When Fox bought the FF rights it acquired some characters from the respected universe also. Its like how FOX are holding onto the x movies by making magneto and wolverine movies. I mean we are all fairly sure there will be a FF3 but its not a sure thing!!!!. Right Randy? ;)
I wouldn't put it past them, remember when that crappy F4 movie was made ONLY to hold the rights. But really I dont think Magneto and Wolverine movies are to hold on to the rights, its to make more money using the success and with out having to have to spend too much movie. This movie is probably just them thinking about capitalizing on the F42 success, I have a feeling this will fall through

I wouldn't put it past them, remember when that crappy F4 movie was made ONLY to hold the rights. But really I dont think Magneto and Wolverine movies are to hold on to the rights, its to make more money using the success and with out having to have to spend too much movie. This movie is probably just them thinking about capitalizing on the F42 success, I have a feeling this will fall through

actually im fairly certain it is. If FOX didnt make a movie within a certain time frame which involves the x-verse they lose the rights and they revert back to marvel. its how marvel got the rights for Iron Man back. i could try to get a more official word on this if u like

Ok i just got some official word back. Apparently this is the case with ALL of the Marvel franchises but they all have different terms, conditions and times.Also the Magneto and Wolverine movies comply with the rights retention for the X-Men movies so yeah its kind of a way for FOX to hold onto the rights also

I refuse to embrace this movie unless it is colored with stuffy philosophical purple prose the way Stan Lee wrote him.

Okay, maybe a Jim Starlin style would be acceptable.

CBR:

Writer J. Michael Straczynski talked to AMC TV about working on a Norrin Radd screenplay. "I was writing it as 'FF2' was about to come out, and the theory was for it to pick up literally the next frame after the 'FF2' movie, where you find out why Silver Surfer was there and what happened to him," Stracyznski said. "We would have seen Galactus, his home world, what happened and him trying to get back there, because now that he's betrayed Galactus, he's concerned his home world might be in jeopardy ... In the script I come up with some ways to visualize him that are true to the original, but take it one step further using the current CGI technology that we have. So we would have seen him as a character on numerous occasions in the second movie, not inconsistent with the first distant shot of him in that that's just a way of concealing who and what he really is. Believe me, he would be not at all silly looking."

I refuse to embrace this movie unless it is colored with stuffy philosophical purple prose the way Stan Lee wrote him.

Okay, maybe a Jim Starlin style would be acceptable.

It's JMS... count on it! ;-)

I'll assume that means Galactus would not be a cloud this time.

Why does there even need to be a Silver Surfer movie?

Why does there even need to be a Silver Surfer movie?

Actually, there was a script for a Surfer movie in the 70's (i believe), sedly it never went anywhere, until the 80's where Moebius came along and drew the story from the script. Seriously gorgeous work.

CBR:

Director Alex Proyas was rumored to be the man to helm the story of Norrin Radd ... but he told MTV that he'd never play along with rights holder 20th Century Fox. Proyas said, "I'm determined never to work with them ever again because of my experience on 'I,Robot' ... It's like the origin of Silver Surfer was in that movie, and I'm going, 'This is such a f***ing great story, why throw it away?' I think they messed it up."

Latest posts

Back