Simpsons vs. Family Guy

Simpsons will forever be known as the most original cartoon of all time, and it paved the way for adult cartoons. I hate the acquisition that Family Guy isn't original because it also focus on the family dynamic. I would say it's a smart comedy just because of Brian and Stewies relationship. Family Guy definitely has the potential to out stretch the Simpsons. Family Guy is definitely a better cartoon.

Simpsons were groundbreaking, now it has just become a classic. Sure lately(a few years now) the writers have been killing the show but that's only because they are running out of fresh ideas. After 17 years it's hard to keep coming up with something new and original. The simpsons are a classic, it's not easy to be on the air for 17 years. We will just have to see and wait if family guy can take over for the simpsons.

I love the Simpsons, but Family Guy is far far funnier, and a better show. I think it does the 'pop-culture' references much better as well, esp with the occasional 'cut scenes', like the Luke Skywalker doing laser eye surgery scene.

Victor Von Doom said:
Exactly! That's why everything from the Simpsons seems to be random jokes now like Family Guy.
And most of the timethey can't even pull it off.

I will always think of Simpsons as the better show, but I look forward to Family Guy FAR more than I look forward to Simpsons. I mean, with Simpsons, you feel like you really get to know every person in springfield so well. But even if Family Guy goes for tons of years, there will definitely be way less of a sense of connections or whatever between their characters. But I will say, I've laughed way more watching FG than I have when watching Simpsons.

And that's my 2 cents. :D

Here's the way I see it:

The Simpsons are like Stan Lee. Love 'em or hate 'em....they're the foundation. Legends. Yeah they've been kinda crazy and slacking as of late....but ya can't really say anything bad about them.

Family Guy is like Brian K Vaugh. He's good. Real good. He delivers consistently each time. But ya might not like everythinghe does. So you might like the Chicken Fight bit...but ya didn't even chuckle during the Little Shop of Horrors spoof.

Meanwhile you got other primetime/late night cartoons like Sealab, Harvey Birdman, Venture Bros. These guys are the Mark Millars of toonage. They're like, "Yeah....I know I'm the man. I'm bringing ya the brand new hotness!!! But I gotta hear YOU say it. So go on....say it. I dare ya not to. Fine ya won't say I'm the man? Well I'm gonna shove topnotch product down your throat until you're choking on it. And the only way to clear that fat gullet of yours is to say I'm the man. So go on......say it."

Take it how you will..........

Victor Von Doom said:
Here's the way I see it:

The Simpsons are like Stan Lee. Love 'em or hate 'em....they're the foundation. Legends. Yeah they've been kinda crazy and slacking as of late....but ya can't really say anything bad about them.

Family Guy is like Brian K Vaugh. He's good. Real good. He delivers consistently each time. But ya might not like everythinghe does. So you might like the Chicken Fight bit...but ya didn't even chuckle during the Little Shop of Horrors spoof.

Meanwhile you got other primetime/late night cartoons like Sealab, Harvey Birdman, Venture Bros. These guys are the Mark Millars of toonage. They're like, "Yeah....I know I'm the man. I'm bringing ya the brand new hotness!!! But I gotta hear YOU say it. So go on....say it. I dare ya not to. Fine ya won't say I'm the man? Well I'm gonna shove topnotch product down your throat until you're choking on it. And the only way to clear that fat gullet of yours is to say I'm the man. So go on......say it."

Take it how you will..........
That...that was beautiful...*crys*

After watching all the current DVD's of Simpsons (Seasons 4,5,6, and 7), I'm going against what I've always said about Arrested Development and putting Simpsons at the top of the all time greatest television shows. Say what you will about the current seasons, but I still find it hilarious, and better than at least half of what passes for tv shows these days.

quagmire.gif

All simpsons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Family guy.

I do not like family guy that much the movie was ok but the series to me feels like a cheap simpsons rip off with a bit of a south park thrown in. They try to hard to be controversial , risky and edgey and it just fails.

Sure some of the new simpsons have not been quiet as good as earlyer but I still think it is very funny.

Hommer >>>>>> Peter. Homer is lovable sure he is dumb but you get the idea his heart is in the right place like Joey from friends. Peter is dumb but with out been lovable he is dumb and offensive but not in a good way. Cartman is offensive but in a funny way.

Also 90% of the family guy jokes I can see coming from a mile away so it's not funny.

Yes family guy has some good points. Stewie for one is very funny. But there is not enough good points to make up for the bad. Simpsons however can do a storyline make it funny and add some charm to it.

Another good thing on the simpsons is how it can make fun of it's self in a funny not too overthe top just right way. E.g in season 15 Lisas cats keep dieing then in thend she buys one that looks just like snowball II and calls him Snowball II so she can use the old bowls ect... and this quote happenes
Lisa: retend this whole thing never happened.
Skinner:Isn't that a cheat?
Lisa:Maybe-Principal Tamzarian.
Skinner:Um, hello Lisa, Snowball II.

:lol:

p.s Futurama >>simpsons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Family guy.

E.Vi.L. said:
Pfft. I will not accept the opinion of a "genius" whose rate of success is probably under 5%.
*stabs E.Vi.L. in the back*

"Now fly."

Latest posts

Back