Sin City 2 News

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Sin City 2

Here is some tibit of news of the sequel.

The BBC has some quotes from creator Frank Miller, who confirmed that "A Dame To Kill For" will be the basis for the sequel to his smash noir film. He also defended the use of violence in his work. "Considering most drama since The Iliad and before is extremely violent -- because that's how people work problems out -- it's a bit ridiculous. I don't believe in the 'monkey see, monkey do' theory of entertainment. The Japanese have the most violent fiction and movies in the world and they have among the lowest crime rate."

To be out next year?

From SHH!:

In an announcement of The Weinstein Company's upcoming release date schedule, ComingSoon.net says that Sin City 2 is included for a [summer 2006 bow].

Last edited:
Willis killed himself. I dont know if Im going to see this movie.

ya he did but the books all take place at diffrent times so we may see Rourke back like near the end of sin city we see Elijah Woods Character and we saw him die in the first story "The Hard Goodbye" whit Marv

here the latest update on the sequel from Superherhype....

Brittany Murphy Back for More Sin
Source: Moviehole
August 1, 2005

Brittany Murphy tells OK! Magazine that she has signed to star in Sin City 2, which writers/directors Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller are planning for a summer 2006 release.

"I'm absolutely thrilled. It's exciting to be a part of something so big and artistically groundbreaking", says Murphy, who played Shellie in the adaptation of Miller's series of graphic novels.

"I love the film and I'm ecstatic to be working with director Robert Rodriguez and the crew again," she adds.

Guijllons said:
I fancy Brittany Murphy.

You aren't alone.

I'm glad she's back. She handled Shellie perfectly.

is that the girl with the blue eyes? cuz she's hot. and deadly!

anyway, this should be fun, i liked the first one. i like how the stories are all interconnected.

probably. i didn't read it, i just glanced at the pretty pictures in the shop. the only one i own is That Yellow Bastard. I think it's better in film form.

iceman said:
is that the girl with the blue eyes? cuz she's hot. and deadly!

anyway, this should be fun, i liked the first one. i like how the stories are all interconnected.

Shellie was the waitress in the bar Nancy danced at. She was the one that got hit by Jackie Boy at her apartment. Blonde, pouty lips, real cute.

Date: August 2, 2005

Source: IESB
Robert Rodriguez on Sin City 2!
Author: Robert Sanchez

Frank Miller's Sin City was one of the best films of 2005 and the sequel is already in the works.

Today during the Sin City DVD junket Robert Rodriguez revealed that the basis for the sequel would be " A Dame to Kill For". For those of you who have read the book it would come as no surprise that Marv, Gail, Dwight, Shellie, Goldie and Wendy all come back for the next Sin City film plus plenty of new characters are expected in the film.

Robert also believes that getting the actors to come back for the sequel will not be too difficult considering that shooting their respective parts in the original film only took a few days. Sin City 2 is expected to start shooting by January.

Summary of Sin City : A Dame to Kill For: It's one of those hot nights, dry and windless. The kind that makes people do sweaty, secret things. Dwight's thinking of all they ways he's screwed up and what he'd give for one clear chance to wipe the slate clean, to dig his way out of the numb grey hell that is his life. And he'd give anything. Just to cut loose. Just to feel the fire. One more time.

Nice, I'll love to see more Marv. :rockon:

Latest posts

Back