Skyfall discussion

Does anyone else wish that - as much as I loved him - Javier Bardem's part was played by Pierce Brosnan?

It'd make so much sense. Brosnan came on board with Dench. Dench left him in a prison in DIE ANOTHER DAY, Brosnan's last Bond film. The idea that "James Bond" is a codename for all 007s has been a popular fan theory, and it would be a great way to do it here with Brosnan seeking revenge on Dench. I look at SKYFALL and imagine Brosnan in the role and it just works so well.

Except for the scene showing Bond's parents' gravestone (wouldn't make much sense in regards to their last name clearly being Bond also). Though it would be pretty cool if they switched that out for your idea.

Still, I like the rebooted Bond. Simpler, more realistic (in the extremely toned down schtick factor of the earlier movies in Craig's), harder edged, more physically capable... I guess I liked it for the reasons most classic Bond fans didn't. :)

I enjoy different takes on Bond. Bond and Doctor Who are nice in that part of the fun of the reboots is we will have a different take on it rather than a homogenous franchise. It's difficult to balance between "new" and "the same" and Bond balances that well.

Bass said:
I enjoy different takes on Bond. Bond and Doctor Who are nice in that part of the fun of the reboots is we will have a different take on it rather than a homogenous franchise. It's difficult to balance between "new" and "the same" and Bond balances that well.

Good point. Though I always liked the idea behind Dr. Who being the same Doctor, just with different forms/bodies.

Still, I enjoy the rebooted Bond (though Quantum of Solace leaves a lot to be desired). Looking forward to Craig coming back to the role at least a few more times before they're forced to recast.

Latest posts

Back