Slasherverse - Timeline

1000006299.jpg
Fred
Jay
Mike
Eugene
Chuck
Billy (wait, Eugene again? Or the puppet?)
Hannibal (OH, FU-...)
Norm
Bubba

Kramer can't really be alive in 2008, really. As for Hannibal, if I ever end up including it, it's a relatively simple timeline all things considered.

1952 - Hannibal Rising
1989 - Red Dragon
1990 - Silence of the Lambs
1993 - Clarice 1x01-1x13
2000 - Hannibal

Just... ignore that Clarice is supposed to be set one year after Silence of the Lambs. It's a huge fuck up.

Last edited:
Kramer can't really be alive in 2008, really. As for Hannibal, if I ever end up including it, it's a relatively simple timeline all things considered.
1952 - Hannibal Rising
1989 - Red Dragon
1990 - Silence of the Lambs
1993 - Clarice 1x01-1x13
2000 - Hannibal

Just... ignore that Clarice is supposed to be set one year after Silence of the Lambs. It's a huge fuck up.
Why would he need to be alive to be in the list?

Billy Chapman (Silent Night, Deadly Night)
Billy (Black Christmas)
Billy Loomis (Scream)
Billy the Puppet (Saw)
Billy the Puppet (Dead Silence)

All possible Billy characters. I don't know why Leslie would have an inanimate puppet as a "hero", but it's possible. Billy Loomis seems unlikely. Leslie HAS to know that his old pal is Billy, there's just no way he doesn't you'd think.

Billy Chapman? Ugh, Billy is just too common a name in horror.

Last edited:
I see. It was used for the fund-raising for the sequel but not in the comic itself. Out-of-continuity, like this.
1000006267.jpg
Chucky wishes he was this badass, lol.

1. He must like StageFright a lot to include it here, which is fair.
2. PROOF that the Stab movies are canon!/s (realistically it'd just be the Scream films, but this isn't a statement on canon)

When you think about it, Hack/Slash could always do what Dead by Daylight did and get the rights to the Ghostface mask for a Scream crossover, but that's very unlikely.

Let me do just that, then.

Sam Loomis
-Marian Crane (Ex-Girlfriend, Sister-In-Law)
-Lila Loomis (Wife)
-Mary Loomis (Daughter)
-Hank Loomis (Brother)
-Nancy Loomis (Sister-In-Law)
-Billy Loomis (Nephew)
-Samantha Carpenter (Great-Nephew)
kamen-rider-zero-one-isamu-fuwa.gif
... although, IDK if Roy plans to adapt Sam and Tara Carpenter in E27. At the moment, the only Scream characters that are coming are all from the first and second movies.

Oh yeah what's the canonical status of the TV show to the films?
It's complicated. The first two seasons have absolutely no connection to the movies. The third season has no connection to the first two seasons, but uses the Ghostface mask and voice. Scream VI features the "Brandon James" mask from Season 1-2 during the train scene but it's almost impossible to spot. I think Season 3 could suggest that it's the same universe but there's just different Ghostface killers around America doing their own thing, alongside the Lakewood Slashers from Season 1-2.

Speaking of references, here's every instance of an in-universe adaptation of real life murders in this universe that I can think of.
  • Adam Green's Hatchet references Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street and Texas Chainsaw Massacre as in-universe films.
  • The Evil Dead was shown in A Nightmare on Elm Street as an in-universe film despite the film both taking place A Nightmare on Elm Street and not having been released yet.
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street was turned into a film after an episode of Freddy's Nightmares.
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre's intro suggests it's an film (I placed that part in 1974).
  • The Toolbox Murders states that the film is a dramatisation of events that occurred in 1967 (I placed that part in 1978).
  • Friday the 13th: Part 2 is an existing movie in 1982 during Ash vs Evil Dead.
  • Hellraiser: Hellworld heavily focuses on the idea of an in-universe video game series based on the Cenobites called Hellworld. It's only at the end of the film that it is revealed to be real.
  • Psycho is referenced as an in-universe film in Hack/Slash: Comic Book Carnage!.
  • There is an in-universe Child's Play film called Chucky Goes Psycho.
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street is referenced as an in-universe film series in Evil Dead Rise.
You think real life Hollywood is bad profiting off of tragedies? Pffft, that's nothing. This is much worse.

Latest posts

Back