Sonic 4 (Could this save the franchise?)

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy

The new game, code-named Project Needlemouse, will debut sometime next year on as-yet-unidentified consoles. So far, the only glimpse of the game has come via a mysterious teaser trailer, which only shows the outline of the new look of the hero at the end.

"Speed returns in an all new 2D adventure built from the ground up" declares the teaser trailer, before showing a blue blur zipping across the screen scooping up golden rings. Accompanying it is a litany of sound effects and visual cues from the first Sonic the Hedgehog, who launched worldwide in the summer of 1991 on the Sega Genesis system.

Speaking with GameSpot, Sega associate brand manager Ken Balough confirmed that Project Needlemouse will feature HD graphics. He also said the game's concept was a response to "old-school Sonic fans" who "have long asked to see Sonic return to a more 2D style of gameplay."

Full interview : http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/projectneedlemouse/news.html?sid=6216990&mode=previews

New game preview featuring a teaser video http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6216991.html

:shock::D I just got goosebumps from the "Sega" voice at the start. This is is it! this could be the game that makes sonic good again! I'm so happy.

Re: New 2d Sonic!! (Could this save the franchise?)

It's funny, people keep saying "this game will save the sonic series" and said games keep sucking.

So i'm going to take the wait and see approch ot this.

It's funny, people keep saying "this game will save the sonic series" and said games keep sucking.

So i'm going to take the wait and see approch ot this.

True but 2D sonic for old-school Sonic fans. That means no werehog, no sword, no guns, no other stupid gimmicks. It's sonic again.

It could be cool if they did what Capcom did with Megaman 9 and released it as a downloadable game.

I can't see myself getting too excited about a full release 2D Sonic.

... Project Needlemouse?

It was the codename/fake name. Like the wii's codename was "Revolution" or Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi's fake name of Blue Harvest

It was the codename/fake name. Like the wii's codename was "Revolution" or Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi's fake name of Blue Harvest

I know what code name means, it's just... Project Needlemouse? They could have come up with a better code name? Hell that does even work as a code name.

I know what code name means

I don't doubt that. I explained in case I was using wrong term. I couldn't decide if correct term was codename, Working title, production title or something else so I explained in case so you would know which I meant. Sorry if you thought I was implying you didn't

, it's just... Project Needlemouse? They could have come up with a better code name? Hell that does even work as a code name.

I don't know. It seems okay as needle mouse implies hedgehog now but if I didn't know I'd be thinking "What is that?" As long as the game isn't called "Project the needlemouse. Sonic's brother!" I'm happy :lol:

831168-sonic_cycle_super.png

SEGA has begun teasing the characters it plans to include in its next Sonic title, currently being called Project Needlemouse. Over the course of this week, SEGA will stamp-out some of the characters below who won't be making the cut, with the final cast being revealed this Friday.

http://g.imageshack.us/img37/needlemosue1263236362.jpg/1/

Segas blog http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2010/01/11/project-needlemouse-character-countdown-day-1/

info from http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1059923p1.html

other than Sonic I don't want any of those characters in the game

take the whole thing back to basics Sonic and Tails as playables, Robotnik (NOT ****ing "Eggman") as the final boss, and maybe with Knuckles as an unlockable after beating the game.

No Were-forms, no guns, no swords, no vehicles, no crap. Just Sonic in a gravity defying Zone, with Robotnik waiting at the end in his goofy contraption d'jour, some nice graphics, and a rockin' soundtrack.

take the whole thing back to basics Sonic and Tails as playables, Robotnik (NOT ****ing "Eggman") as the final boss, and maybe with Knuckles as an unlockable after beating the game.

No Were-forms, no guns, no swords, no vehicles, no crap. Just Sonic in a gravity defying Zone, with Robotnik waiting at the end in his goofy contraption d'jour, some nice graphics, and a rockin' soundtrack.

:rockon:

I always find Sonic weird because he just reminds me of the early 90s Console Wars.

The man speaks only the truth

I'm not sure. Amy was pretty good in adventure and that game kicked ass. Also if it's a sequel to remove 90% of the characters just because some don't like them would be a bad move.

Besides it says "characters it plans to include in its next Sonic title" Who said they are all playable? They could be NPCs or even added for multiplayer like the old mega drive racing games.

As long as the 2D game plays well after the crap that's come Heroes to unleashed I don't care if the add Sonia the Hedgehog from underground , Princess Sally from cartoon and comics or hell even Chris from X as long as it's good. Like they say Beggars Can't Be Choosers I just want it to be good.

I gotta (SPOILER ALERT) agree with mole on this one.

Knuckles was the best thing that happened to the Sonic franchise. I find something really appealing in the concept of having numerous different characters with different approaches to finishing each level.

I approve.

That's pretty cool :) though :( No Amy

Latest posts

Back