Sony's Spider-Man Universe - Timeline

Venom (June 2020)
Morbius (June 2020)
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (July 2020)
Venom: Let There Be Carnage (October 2020)
Spider-Man: No Way Home (November 2020)
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (November 2020)
Yeah no that sounds good let's make that the timeline. Or we could just use when the Spot left his dimension as a reference to when he could enter another dimension if we really feel the need to add that specific scene to the timeline and not act like we need to apply logic to that decision outside of "it's a placeholder"

Problem is that different Earths exist on different times, but I suppose we can place most of them as being simultaneous when we can. Miguel is from 2099, the Spider-Society recognises 2024 events in Earth-199999, Miles is in April 2020... yeah. It's hard to keep it chronological because of all this.

I guess if we could work out exactly when Venom is set we can approximate that December 2018 on Earth-1610B is around early-mid 2019 in Earth-688B. We can basically place the start of Venom in December 2018. The rest of Venom would be June 2019, before Morbius. "Meanwhile", Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is happening. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is one year and four months later, so October 2020. We know that Spider-Man: No Way Home happens after Venom: Let There Be Carnage, so we'll have to put Into the Spider-Verse in July 2019 and Across the Spider-Verse in November 2020 following Earth-688B's timeline.

Sound good?
Haven't thought about that, but I like it!

Loki creates the multiverse (e.g what if,possibly spider-man freshman year although that might move around due to the ever growing explanation of the multiverse) during the events of Avengers Endgame in October 2023

All of the Marvel studios produced multiverse stuff would occur first as they would be the first branches created but then we get branches upon branches which in my mind is kinda like a second big bang so everything gets reset so stuff like the 60s Spider-Man cartoon would occur before say the 90s cartoon

Venom LTBC runs almost identically with Spider-Man no way home 616/199999 timeframe (October-November 2020 = October-November 2024)

So unless referenced otherwise, November 2020 is our cut off date atm for multiverse events before they start bleeding into the core MCU events watch order wise

So if we use into the spider-verse as an example, that occurs from 2nd-8th December 2018 now if we use the director's comment about it being a year and 4 months later for the main events of across the spider verse that will bring us into early April 2020

So far we have:

Loki S01 (Oct 2023)
Into the spider-verse (Early Dec 2018)
Across the Spider verse (Early April 2020)
Venom LTBC (October-November 2020)
Spider-Man No Way home (main events in Early Nov 2024)

But because no way home is referenced clearly then ATSV must occur after NWH

So if we use the date of the birth of the multiverse instead (October 2023) and then add the ATSV comment (a year and 4 months) then that takes us up to Early February 2025 for when ATSV would occur from the MCU's perspective

So it would now go:

Loki S01 (Oct 2023)
Across the Spider verse (Early April 2020/Early Feb 2025)

Last edited:
Loki creates the multiverse (e.g what if,possibly spider-man freshman year although that might move around due to the ever growing explanation of the multiverse) during the events of Avengers Endgame in October 2023

All of the Marvel studios produced multiverse stuff would occur first as they would be the first branches created but then we get branches upon branches which in my mind is kinda like a second big bang so everything gets reset so stuff like the 60s Spider-Man cartoon would occur before say the 90s cartoon

Venom LTBC runs almost identically with Spider-Man no way home 616/199999 timeframe (October-November 2020 = October-November 2024)

So unless referenced otherwise, November 2020 is our cut off date atm for multiverse events before they start bleeding into the core MCU events watch order wise

So if we use into the spider-verse as an example, that occurs from 2nd-8th December 2018 now if we use the director's comment about it being a year and 4 months later for the main events of across the spider verse that will bring us into early April 2020

So far we have:

Loki S01 (Oct 2023)
Across the Spider verse (Early April 2020)

But because no way home is referenced clearly then ATSV must occur after NWH

So if we use the date of the birth of the multiverse instead (October 2023) and then add the ATSV comment (a year and 4 months) then that takes us up to Early February 2025 for when ATSV would occur from the MCU's perspective

So it would now go:

Loki S01 (Oct 2023)
Across the Spider verse (Early April 2020/Early Feb 2025)
Actually the multiverse simultaneously exists and doesn't exist. The TVA are on another perspective of time and don't register the alternate realities. Best I can describe it is that a divergence could happen in 2007 but for the TVA it doesn't happen until after a divergence in 2017. In this case, the divergence is the MCU branches connecting to the Marvel Multiverse from the beginning of time, and even though it's always been the case for everyone outside the TVA, it hadn't happened for the TVA that existed in Loki.

So the Raimiverse did happened in another universe prior to Iron Man while also not existing from the TVA's perspective.

Venom (June 2020)
Morbius (June 2020)
Maybe I am confused because of all the relativity in the timelines, but, NWH gets referenced before Spider-Gwen joins Spider-Society and she says that it have been a few months with them, so AtSV main timeframe must be some months after NWH

Maybe I am confused because of all the relativity in the timelines, but, NWH gets referenced before Spider-Gwen joins Spider-Society and she says that it have been a few months with them, so AtSV main timeframe must be some months after NWH
Yes I know, so if we put ITSV in October 2023 when the multiverse was created, so a year passes and a month passes (the exact timeframe of the Beginning of ATSV) which will line us up with the MCU date of November 2024 right around NWH and then we add the 3 months later that Gwen has been with the spider society and the main events of ATSV occurs, which brings us to the MCU timeframe of February 2025

I know it isn't specifically stated how many months Gwen was working with them for apart from "a few" but 3 months works perfectly for the context of the film itself and the wider timeline of the Marvel multiverse

Yes I know, so if we put ITSV in October 2023 when the multiverse was created, so a year passes and a month passes (the exact timeframe of the Beginning of ATSV) which will line us up with the MCU date of November 2024 right around NWH and then we add the 3 months later that Gwen has been with the spider society and the main events of ATSV occurs, which brings us to the MCU timeframe of February 2025

I know it isn't specifically stated how many months Gwen was working with them for apart from "a few" but 3 months works perfectly for the context of the film itself and the wider timeline of the Marvel multiverse
Personally I think trying to map out how events in other timelines line up together is just not going to work out. The best we can do is try to map out how long it's been for the individual characters. I mean the mutliversal events of Loki may have started in Oct 2023 on his timeline but there's really no saying that it concurs with Oct 2023 of every timeline. Once you leave the timeline you leave time behind, it's essentially a form of time travel and you can't really put that linearly

Venom (June 2020)
Morbius (June 2020)
Don't forget it's snowing in ITSV. The movie has dates indicating November 2018, so even if it takes place in a different year, it's probably no earlier than November.

Just trying to narrow down how many spider man properties are now part of the MCM because of ATSV

So far we I have:

Confirmed:
MCU and it's expanded tv shows
Raimiverse
Webbverse
Venomverse
Sony's animated spiderverse films
60s animated Spider-Man
Spider-Man unlimited
Spectacular Spider-Man series
Insomniac Spider-Man games
Atari Spider-Man game
Spider-Man and his amazing friends series+ Incredible Hulk series + 80s Spider-Man series
The Amazing Spider-Man games

Mentioned during production but not seen in the film:
Japanese Spider-Man
PS1 Spider-Man

Possible connection to other confirmed universes:
Ultimate Spider-Man series
90s animated Spider-Man
Super hero squad series

Any others I've missed or any pics of Spider-Men I've mentioned that are actually in the movie (I feel like the Japanese Spider-Man and 90s spider man either didn't make the cut or are being saved for beyond the spiderverse)

Last edited:
Just trying to narrow down how many spider man properties are now part of the MCM because of ATSV

So far we I have:

Confirmed:
Raimiverse
Webbverse
Venomverse
60s animated Spider-Man
Spider-Man unlimited
Atari Spider-Man game
Spider-Man and his amazing friends series

Japanese Spider-Man
PS1 Spider-Man

2017 marvels Spider-Man series
90s animated Spider-Man
Incredible Hulk series
80s Spider-Man series

Any others I've missed or any pics of Spider-Men I've mentioned that are actually in the movie (I feel like the Japanese Spider-Man and 90s spider man either didn't make the cut or are being saved for beyond the spiderverse
I think you got them all. I'd be surprised if the 90s Spider-Man wasn't in BtSV

So far we I have:

Confirmed:
Raimiverse
Webbverse
Venomverse
60s animated Spider-Man
Spider-Man unlimited
Atari Spider-Man game
Spider-Man and his amazing friends series

Japanese Spider-Man
PS1 Spider-Man

2017 marvels Spider-Man series
90s animated Spider-Man
Incredible Hulk series
80s Spider-Man series

Any others I've missed or any pics of Spider-Men I've mentioned that are actually in the movie (I feel like the Japanese Spider-Man and 90s spider man either didn't make the cut or are being saved for beyond the spiderverse
Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends is set in the same universe as Spider-Man 1981/The Incredible Hulk 1982. They are confirmed.

Ultimate Spider-Man/Avengers Assemble S1-4/Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. are connected to Spectacular Spider-Man.

Super Hero Squad is connected to Ultimate Spider-Man.

Guardians of the Galaxy/Spider-Man 2017/Avengers Assemble S5 might have been created due to the Secret Wars event in S4 but that's disputed.

The entire Marvel Multiverse is obviously canon too, but ignoring that, then this is it. Also, I've heard PS1 Spider-Man can be seen in the film but I haven't seen him myself.

Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends is set in the same universe as Spider-Man 1981/The Incredible Hulk 1982. They are confirmed.

Ultimate Spider-Man/Avengers Assemble S1-4/Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. are connected to Spectacular Spider-Man.

Super Hero Squad is connected to Ultimate Spider-Man.

Guardians of the Galaxy/Spider-Man 2017/Avengers Assemble S5 might have been created due to the Secret Wars event in S4 but that's disputed.

The entire Marvel Multiverse is obviously canon too, but ignoring that, then this is it. Also, I've heard PS1 Spider-Man can be seen in the film but I haven't seen him myself.
How's the Ultimate Spider-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man connected? I haven't heard that one yet

Latest posts

Back