Sopranos (Spoilers)

:heart: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :drooling:

MY EMOTICONS EXPRESS MY STATE OF BEING!

Last edited:
I never really got into this show, seen a few episode and they were great, solid acting.

You know I was thinking about posting something on this show Sunday night after I saw it.

Not the greatest season premiere I've seen.........but the ending?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Holy piss!!!! Jr shot Tony in the stomach and no one calls 911!!!! The episode just ended with Tony laying lifeless on the floor. Again...let me just say :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!!!

I loved how they focused on the family and not just Tony. All thru the episode I had different theories about what was gonna happen and HBO kept shutting me down.

Just when I thought Tony had to just call his family to break out the coma...I realizd he'd been talking to them all along. WRONG.

I thought that by AJ talking to Tony...he'd wake up. WRONG.

Then I thought that maybe he'd wake up when AJ threatened to kill Uncle Jr. WRONG.

I foresee them carrying this coma thing out for another 3 episodes.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't mind. I want to see how Chris, Silvio, Paulie & Company handle the family business.

There's gonna be a lot of arguing since none of them like each other. I foresee Chris (being the hothead he is) making a power move for boss while Tony's in his coma.

Victor Von Doom said:
There's gonna be a lot of arguing since none of them like each other. I foresee Chris (being the hothead he is) making a power move for boss while Tony's in his coma.

Wow...so I was wrong about that. Tony came outta his coma and is back running things next week. :rockon:

Sunday's Episode has topped all previous episodes as my favorite ever. Tony "proving himself to himself" at the end was crazy **** awesome and poor Vito... I laughed hard when he got caught in the gay bar but he's probably gonna off himself soon.

I loved the scene where Tony 'proves himself' as you say.

The Sopranos is one of the finest tv shows ever made. I love love love it.

Just saw the second half of the 6th season, all 9 episodes.

I'm really sad. :(

They killed off pretty much every main character. And Tony died horribly for him. In front of his family.

My problem with the sixth season is this - the fifth season was the original ending to THE SOPRANOS. Then they got given another season (while DEADWOOD and ROME get cancelled). So they did the one thing I'd hoped they wouldn't do for a sixth season - whack everyone. But they pretty much did. And to be honest, the way in which they did it was particularly amazing. However, I think Chase was being a bit too clever for his own good. I got the feeling, I got the emotion, but it wasn't clear enough. It lacked clarity. I know it's supposed to be confusing and disorientating, but... I dunno. It lacked clarity. I looked up what the ending meant because, dammit, I wanted to know. I recall this ominous feeling and yet I thought, with the song going "Don't Stop" that maybe it's a phrase for 'life goes on'. But that didn't feel right. The idea that Tony's been shot makes much more sense. But then - it doesn't. Because there's no reason for anyone to whack him anymore.

I feel very sad. But I don't know. The fact I had to look up its meaning makes me wonder if this episode did what it was supposed to do.

I think I need to watch it again.

Last edited:
Just saw the second half of the 6th season, all 9 episodes.

I'm really sad. :(

They killed off pretty much every main character. And Tony died horribly for him. In front of his family.

My problem with the sixth season is this - the fifth season was the original ending to THE SOPRANOS. Then they got given another season (while DEADWOOD and ROME get cancelled). So they did the one thing I'd hoped they wouldn't do for a sixth season - whack everyone. But they pretty much did. And to be honest, the way in which they did it was particularly amazing. However, I think Chase was being a bit too clever for his own good. I got the feeling, I got the emotion, but it wasn't clear enough. It lacked clarity. I know it's supposed to be confusing and disorientating, but... I dunno. It lacked clarity. I looked up what the ending meant because, dammit, I wanted to know. I recall this ominous feeling and yet I thought, with the song going "Don't Stop" that maybe it's a phrase for 'life goes on'. But that didn't feel right. The idea that Tony's been shot makes much more sense. But then - it doesn't. Because there's no reason for anyone to whack him anymore.

I feel very sad. But I don't know. The fact I had to look up its meaning makes me wonder if this episode did what it was supposed to do.

I think I need to watch it again.

Not having seen the show, only reading the ending I agree I hate when
they leave things like that if youre going to end it than end it, no need for an endless cliff hanger.

Also I recall a few week before the ending on the radio they read a possible spoiler ending of the show (which was not accurate), it was basically everyone strategically kills each other and not knowing any of the characters I actually really felt for them. And reading what really happened pissed me off

Actually - it didn't feel like a cliffhanger.

Because I was watching a streaming version of the episode, I actually just thought the file had stopped loading. Which is amusing since a friend said to me when we brought up the series finale which I hadn't yet seen and didn't want spoiled, they just said, "Bass, you TV isn't broken. Remember that." Yet I thought exactly that.

So I watched it again elsewhere, and as I was waiting for it to load, I was thinking about it.

It's EXTREMELY final. You get the feeling, "This is the end of the show. You may not want it to be, but it is." It doesn't feel like a cliffhanger or unresolved.

It does feel ambiguous however.

That said, I'm now recalling what I felt originally. We see all these unknown people entering that diner. My first thought was, "This is the cast and crew and they're all taking a curtain call". And then the show dies. Just ends, like that.

Looking back, reading about it, yeah, it seems that
Tony died, but I think the whole point is to give you hope. It makes more sense since the recurring theme of the season was death and "each day is a gift", which makes sense considering this season was a gift from HBO who renewed the series after it was ended by David Chase himself.

That said - while I get it, and while it hurts, there's one thing I don't think Chase wanted and one thing that is prevalent.

It's rude.

It's not a bad ending. It's rude. Especially when the final scene feels like a curtain call. It's abrupt and ambiguous. It doesn't give you what curtain calls and fading establishing shots at a movie's resolution do - the chance to pick up your emotions and walk out with dignity.

I get what David Chase tried to do and why he did it the way he did. But it was rude. He may not have intended it as such - but it was rude.

Still though - now that I get it. It's very appropriate.

But if I'm honest - I think season 5 was a better season finale. Season 6 feels... tacked on to me.

Still though; season 6 was brilliant. It was the worst season, but it was still unbelievably powerful. The ending may sound crap, but that episode was tense as hell.
When the guy walked into the toilet, I immediately thought of THE GODFATHER
. The more I think about it, the more I think watching it on streaming vid online was a poor decision.

Well, I'm rambling. Off to bed with me.

Last edited:
I cannot wait until they release a complete series boxset (it should be out Christmas 08, or so they say)... Because I want to really get into the series and get through it, but I don't want to depend on whether HBO gets *****y and pulls all the episodes off Daily Motion or what-have-you...

I'm somewhere in the Second Season. Its a fantastic show that I look forward to finishing, if not for another year and a half.

It's a great show. The sixth season is definately the weakest, but it has some incredible stories to it.

Latest posts

Back