South Park series discussion *spoilers*

Jon Stewart on the Daily Show just went on air and told the groups who wrote threats to Matt and Trey
to go **** themselves using the church choir from last night

Saw it. I loved every second of it, from Mecha Streisand destroying Casa Bonita and Country Kitchen Buffet to the Cartman's dad reveal to Tom Cruise joining Willzyx on the moon.

It's official: none of the bleeps were Matt and Trey's idea. Here's their statement from South Park Studios.

Ridiculous.

war.007.gif

It's official: none of the bleeps were Matt and Trey's idea. Here's their statement from South Park Studios.

Seems like it's been taken down.

"Shut up Mimsyyyy!"

I adored the title cards "Nathan has had a momentary lapse in judgment". And Towelie is always hysterical.

I wonder though, Matt and Trey are very against repeating ideas, their own or other people's, and yet, this episode had them repeat the "they have to hit the note for the bomb to go off" we saw back in season one or two with the "Loving You" song. I wonder if that was intentional or they forgot they already did that.

I wonder though, Matt and Trey are very against repeating ideas, their own or other people's, and yet, this episode had them repeat the "they have to hit the note for the bomb to go off" we saw back in season one or two with the "Loving You" song. I wonder if that was intentional or they forgot they already did that.

It was totally intentional. The campers are all Warner Brothers analogues, and the uke gag is an homage to a particular bit in this Bugs and Daffy cartoon. It's even the same melody! Jump to 4:37. Or just watch the whole thing cuz it's awesome.

[video=youtube;KGxm7_QJJPc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGxm7_QJJPc[/video]

Hee hee!

When I asked if it was 'intentional', what I meant was; were they aware they did a similar gag in the early seasons of SOUTH PARK? It's obvious that they were intentionally using Looney Toons for inspiration, but I'm wondering, since they hate to repeat ideas, if they just forgot they did this exact same gag like, twelve years ago. I'm just curious, it's not a criticism.

Hmm, that's odd I seemed to have lost a post here... anyway I said I loved the classic cartoon references, the whole mimsy thing was golden.

Your post was deleted because it had a picture of the prophet of Islam and was smart.

Last edited:
I was very disappointed with the finale. It felt like the biggest filler episode I have ever seen.

Last edited:
I was very disappointed with the finale. It felt like the biggest filler episode I have ever seen.

South Park never really does "finales" as I recall. Mainly because seasons are split in half, they just like to do something big when they feel like. Plus this was the first half of season 14 and thus not even a season final.

South Park never really does "finales" as I recall. Mainly because seasons are split in half, they just like to do something big when they feel like. Plus this was the first half of season 14 and thus not even a season final.

Even so I felt like it was a really poor way to start the break.

Is there any truth in the rumors that the Times Square carbomb was parked next to a Viacom building?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back