Spawn general series discussion [spoilers]

E

Excelsior Club
Does anyone read Spawn anymore?

I thought it was pretty decent when it first came out, but I lost interest around issue #20 or so. I did enjoy the fill-in issues written by Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Dave Sims, and...I don't remember. I've been picking up the large collections that have been coming out - there are 6 of them so far and each one has around 20 issues I think.

Anyway, the question I have about this book is this: I seem to remember a little while after the book started that there was some kind of long delay and a large skip in the numbering, with plans to go back and fill in the issues. I never found out what the delay was for and what came of the issues that had to be filled in - does anyone remember this and know what the story is?

I read it and you should pick it up the Post-Armageddon trades. It is seriously what Spawn should of always been. You might even look into the Armageddon trades. they were ok.

It is basically the war that has been talked about the whole series happening.

I read it and you should pick it up the Post-Armageddon trades. It is seriously what Spawn should of always been. You might even look into the Armageddon trades. they were ok.

It is basically the war that has been talked about the whole series happening.

I do not know this war you speak of. I've only really read the first 20 or so issues, and that was a long time ago.

What are the Armageddon trades? Is this like another series that takes the place of the missing issues that were skipped over in the regular series?

I don't know anything about these missing issues.

Have you read the collections you have bought? Or they in your to read pile?

The big final battle between Heaven and Hell, they entire reason Spawn exists was the led Hell's army into this war.

I don't know anything about these missing issues.

Have you read the collections you have bought? Or they in your to read pile?

The big final battle between Heaven and Hell, they entire reason Spawn exists was the led Hell's army into this war.

Oh. I didn't know that. They are all still in the to read pile.

But yeah, there was a weird thing a while back where they skipped a significant number of issues (I want to say it was something like 20) and McFarlane said they would be going back to those issues.

The old stuff is pretty painful to get through. I think I left off on collection 4 or 5.

Spawn #21
May 1994
The Mystery of the Missing Issues - The original schedule of Spawn at this period was ten issues per year but Image had run considerably late by this time and elected to skip issues Spawn #19 and #20, going directly to Spawn #21 in May 1994 to get up-to-date...THAT was the OFFICIAL reason but many fans thought otherwise. This unprecedented situation raised considerable alarm: fans wondered if they had missed the two issues while retailers cried foul over missolicitation. The two missing issues would finally surfaced in October 1994. Anyway, starting from #21 to #24, Image sought to wrap up plotlines and thus utilize virtually all of the characters in doing so.

Last edited:
It was only 2 issues? My memory must be going.

Latest posts

Back