Spider-Man 3 (discussion and spoilers)

And please, please, please stop calling Harry 'Hobgoblin.' He was only ever 'Hobgoblin' in the Ultimate Universe, and that storyline isn't even worth the air used for the breaths I take to talk about it.

Yeah he's "New Goblin" in film version. Not hob or green II.

Of course I liked the term "Gobby Jr" :lol:

Yes. I don't think it will happen, but I think it's more likely that the whole Doc Ock package because they're more likely to and have more motivation to survive the warehouse implosion/heat of a sun combo.

Speaking about the "heat," people were standing within a few feet of the mini-star (especially Doc Ock) without as much as sweating or getting a tan.

Yeah he's "New Goblin" in film version. Not hob or green II. Of course I liked the term "Gobby Jr" :lol:

Well... Sam Raimi was calling him the "Night Surfer" in interviews, but... meh.

Last edited:
Yes. I don't think it will happen, but I think it's more likely that the whole Doc Ock package because they're more likely to and have more motivation to survive the warehouse implosion/heat of a sun combo.

but weren't they like fused to his spine? So if they got out he did too.

Well... Sam Raimi was calling him the "Night Surfer" in interviews, but... meh.

Yeah but I was going on the name on the merchandise.

Last edited:
but weren't they like fused to his spine? So if they got out he did too.

Yeah but I was going on the name on the merchandise.

That would be freaky as hell if Spider-Man 4 has the tentacles running around connected to a limp and decaying Doc Ock.

Yeah, "Night Surfer" was swiftly abandoned for whatever reasons... probably 'cause he never actually "surfed."

Last edited:
Yeah he's "New Goblin" in film version. Not hob or green II.

Of course I liked the term "Gobby Jr" :lol:

The fight scene between Peter and Harry was fantastic. The two friends going at it, no holds barred, unleashing pent-up frustrations at eachother...fantastic.

Especially the Gobby Jr. line.

The fight scene between Peter and Harry was fantastic. The two friends going at it, no holds barred, unleashing pent-up frustrations at eachother...fantastic.

Especially the Gobby Jr. line.

Yeah I loved that. I mostly loved the way peter spoke to him before Peter threw that pumpkin bomb back at him and walked off smiling as if to say I don't give a **** anymore

I also laughed when harry was remembering "My father's dead isn't he?" - harry "Yeah :lol: " - Peter. That didn't help his case

Last edited by a moderator:
If they do another. I want Carnage.

I want some you can hate. Hate so much you love that he is a character that gets under your skin. Like Teabag from Prison Break. I think he could play a good Carnage.

If they do another. I want Carnage.

I want some you can hate. Hate so much you love that he is a character that gets under your skin. Like Teabag from Prison Break. I think he could play a good Carnage.

I think Carnage and the Lizard are inevitable. Two others I think that could do well are Electro and Kraven.

Outside of them, though, I'm kind of curious where they will go. Hobgoblin would probably be one Goblin too many, Rhino would probably be saved for a Hulk movie, Morbius would probably be too close to a vampire for a Spider-Man movie, and Kingpin, unfortunetly, has already been done in Daredevil. Scorpion, Vulture, Chameleon, and Mysterio could work, I suppose. Maybe a Sinister Six movie?

Last edited:
I think they should hold off Carnage for a while. We don't need another symbiote, especially not twice in a row. Just leave Connors tinkering with the symbiote, until one movie in the future a serial killer by the name of Cletus Cassidy bursts into the lab on the run and the symbiote bonds to him...

I want Electro in the next movie. Have him big, bad and powerful. Lots of storms and explosions.

I'd save the Sinister Six until #6. Bring back Sandman, Electro, maybe a person using the Green Goblin suit, maybe an alive Doctor Octopus... throw in Lizard and another guy, and you've got a movie.

They'll probably all suck though.

I think they should hold off Carnage for a while. We don't need another symbiote, especially not twice in a row. Just leave Connors tinkering with the symbiote, until one movie in the future a serial killer by the name of Cletus Cassidy bursts into the lab on the run and the symbiote bonds to him...

I want Electro in the next movie. Have him big, bad and powerful. Lots of storms and explosions.

I agree on Carnage. Actually, I think Electro and Kraven would be great for Spidey 4. Spidey 5, I could see Carnage and the Lizard.

I'd save the Sinister Six until #6. Bring back Sandman, Electro, maybe a person using the Green Goblin suit, maybe an alive Doctor Octopus... throw in Lizard and another guy, and you've got a movie.

The Sinister Six is a no-brainer for Spider-Man 6. Hobgoblin, Doc Ock and Sandman for sure. Add one of the villains from 4 (Electro), one from 5 (Lizard), and a brand new one for 6. I like the "one villain from each movie" thing. It'd be a neat way to tie all the movies together. Although, I could see Sandman turning on the Six because he feels guilty about Uncle Ben.

They'll probably all suck though.

I think they'll be decent, but I honestly can't see them topping any of the first three. It feels like too much at this point.

Last edited:
Yeah, I could see Sandman being blackmailed by the Six, but in the end he turns against them, like what happened in the comics.

Did anyone else feel that one of the standout sequences in the film was the heartbreaking first-ever formation of Sandman at the bottom of the pit?

I saw it ealier today and I liked it.

I heard from a friend who went to the midnigtht showing that the whole theater was booing. He hated it, and my other friends did to.

I'll post more later.

Latest posts

Back