Spider-Man: Battle for New York a.k.a. Ultimate Spider-Man 2

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man 2 Video Game Announced!

I saved $20.00 and got Ultimate Spiderman for my PC instead (I have a Dell Media Center with a High-Def monitor).

So much for next gen gaming consoles, lol (hint hint, Doc, lol).

Get a PS style controller for your PC if you do this, though. Web-slinging sucks trying to use the Keyboard and Mouse.

this is false....

it has been repeatedly denied by bendis last week on his message board and today on the bendis board by brian reed.

Besides, theres no way a game that took them 2 years to complete would be ready that soon when most of the next gen systems wont be out until around that time.

The Captain said:
this is false....

it has been repeatedly denied by bendis last week on his message board and today on the bendis board by brian reed.

Besides, theres no way a game that took them 2 years to complete would be ready that soon when most of the next gen systems wont be out until around that time.
Ah well, that sucks.

The Captain said:
this is false....

Thats a pretty big "whoops" on the magazine's part then. I don't doubt some of the info might be wrong, etc, but I don't think news of a sequel is that out of left field. Its possible Bendis might not have anything to do with the sequel, hence him saying it won't happen. Its also possible he's merely saying its not happening right now to prevent fans asking questions about the plot and game that he or the developers aren't privy to revealing at this time. I'm not saying it will happen, just that there's no definitive "no" on it either. Besides, even if not now there were plenty of plot threads left hanging to set up for a sequel, mainly the Sandman sample being stolen by Beetle, the Latverians trying to make a super-soldier, and Venom still being fine and dandy. If not anytime soon, it'll probably happen eventually, given that the first game was a relatively good seller for all the consoles.

DIrishB said:
Thats a pretty big "whoops" on the magazine's part then. I don't doubt some of the info might be wrong, etc, but I don't think news of a sequel is that out of left field. Its possible Bendis might not have anything to do with the sequel, hence him saying it won't happen. Its also possible he's merely saying its not happening right now to prevent fans asking questions about the plot and game that he or the developers aren't privy to revealing at this time. I'm not saying it will happen, just that there's no definitive "no" on it either. Besides, even if not now there were plenty of plot threads left hanging to set up for a sequel, mainly the Sandman sample being stolen by Beetle, the Latverians trying to make a super-soldier, and Venom still being fine and dandy. If not anytime soon, it'll probably happen eventually, given that the first game was a relatively good seller for all the consoles.

This is what I'm thinking.

If anyone can post Bendis's quote(s) and link that would be nice.

UltimateE said:
This is what I'm thinking.

If anyone can post Bendis's quote(s) and link that would be nice.

Why don't you? You're always there. :D

this is false....

i was geeking out until i read this...doesn't mean it won't happen though for definate, just not for a while i expect

The Captain said:
this is false....

Yes, it didn't make sense to me, anyway. Something like X-Men Legends 2 could be made simply because they've got a formula and they're putting it together... This would take some time; they'd have to take everything from the ground up!

TheManWithoutFear said:
Ok, so the game was unannounced.... I think we could close this to avoid any further complication from passerbys. Or retitle it.

Unannounced?

I still haven't seen a link with Bendis talking about this...

I was really disappointed with the last game. I beat it in about six and half hours, and four of those hours were taken up by chasing villains around the city for some inexplicable reason.

The only real reason I got it was because it was supposed to fit in with the comics, but that's real glitchy as well.

But Mary Jane looked hottt.

Steve GMan said:
I was really disappointed with the last game. I beat it in about six and half hours, and four of those hours were taken up by chasing villains around the city for some inexplicable reason.

The only real reason I got it was because it was supposed to fit in with the comics, but that's real glitchy as well.

But Mary Jane looked hottt.
I completed it in about 4 hours methinks. It felt less like a game, more like a way of adding to a story. I'm guessing a lot of the people that bought it wouldn't have cared lessa bout the comic, and its probably a bad idea for them to focus more on story and less on gameplay. Parts I did enjoy, but a lot I didn't.

He's right. All this thread is is someone saying they heard that a new game came out......but no details have been given/are available.

You might as well start a thread saying that you heard Hostess was gonna start making those strawberry filled Twinkies again.

Until any details come out....all you can do is post what you hope will be in the game.

And I thought my threads were worthless.... :lol:

Victor Von Doom said:
H
You might as well start a thread saying that you heard Hostess was gonna start making those strawberry filled Twinkies again.
They are?! :D

Victor Von Doom said:

The current Twinkie formula does not need to be fooled with.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back