Spider-Man: Battle for New York a.k.a. Ultimate Spider-Man 2

DIrishB said:
Still nothing new on this game... :(

With a release in November, we're looking at two months away. Shouldn't we know more about this game by now? Or is it because it isn't a major console game that the news is so little?

There really hasn't been much... Some screne shots over at IGN.com. Not realy worth posting, that's about it. I also thought there would be more on Marvel: Ultimate Alliance by now. You know since there's over 100 characters in it. You would think we would get some new news, Maybe new character videos.

the watcher said:
There really hasn't been much... Some screne shots over at IGN.com. Not realy worth posting, that's about it. I also thought there would be more on Marvel: Ultimate Alliance by now. You know since there's over 100 characters in it. You would think we would get some new news, Maybe new character videos.

True, but I personally don't care too much about Ultimate Alliance (sure, I'll rent it, maybe even buy it). I'm mainly interested in this game due to my interest in Ultimate books, and the likelihood this game might tie into continuity from the comics. Its a timeline thing, mainly. :D

DIrishB said:
True, but I personally don't care too much about Ultimate Alliance (sure, I'll rent it, maybe even buy it). I'm mainly interested in this game due to my interest in Ultimate books, and the likelihood this game might tie into continuity from the comics. Its a timeline thing, mainly. :D

Yah, I hear you. Still a little ticked that this only on GBA and NDS.

Last edited:
the watcher said:
Yah, I hear you. Still a little ticked that this only on GBA and NDS.

Ehhh...no biggie. I can understand them doing it as well. Its much cheaper and faster to produce a game for a handheld than a major console...with the success of first USM game, I assume they just wanted to quickly cash in on it again. However, I'm a bit surprised they aren't using the Ultimate moniker in the title to tie it to the USM game...perhaps its a case of the Ultimate Avengers thing...blending the two universes for more mass appeal, for fans of both universes, etc. We'll see.

As far as lack of news, other than the original announcement of this game the end of July, we've seen or heard nothing else at all. We've seen only 4 screenshots, a little bit of info dealing with the plot, and gameplay mechanics. While those pretty much cover the major aspects of any videogame, I just want more of each. And knowing that its supposed to be released in November, I'm honestly surprised we haven't heard more about it by now.

DIrishB said:
Ehhh...no biggie. I can understand them doing it as well. Its much cheaper and faster to produce a game for a handheld than a major console...with the success of first USM game, I assume they just wanted to quickly cash in on it again. However, I'm a bit surprised they aren't using the Ultimate moniker in the title to tie it to the USM game...perhaps its a case of the Ultimate Avengers thing...blending the two universes for more mass appeal, for fans of both universes, etc. We'll see.

As far as lack of news, other than the original announcement of this game the end of July, we've seen or heard nothing else at all. We've seen only 4 screenshots, a little bit of info dealing with the plot, and gameplay mechanics. While those pretty much cover the major aspects of any videogame, I just want more of each. And knowing that its supposed to be released in November, I'm honestly surprised we haven't heard more about it by now.

That possible... Since Marvel made that deal with Activision. We're probably going to get a lot of Marvel Games, beside the one's that tie into the movies. The same with Sony. No telling how many versions of these characters we'll end up with. Since their making all those DVD's and TV. shows.

the watcher said:
That possible... Since Marvel made that deal with Activision. We're probably going to get a lot of Marvel Games, beside the one's that tie into the movies. The same with Sony. No telling how many versions of these characters we'll end up with. Since their making all those DVD's and TV. shows.

Good point. I really doubt this is a blending of the universes though (a la Marvel Ultimate Alliance with the Ultimate version of Thor, and 616 versions of just about everyone else). I think it'll be purely Ultimate in that sense, just not sure if it'll be considered continuity, or if it even can be. Course we won't know that till the game is out and can be played, but at least some more news might let us know one way or another.

DIrishB said:
Good point. I really doubt this is a blending of the universes though (a la Marvel Ultimate Alliance with the Ultimate version of Thor, and 616 versions of just about everyone else). I think it'll be purely Ultimate in that sense, just not sure if it'll be considered continuity, or if it even can be. Course we won't know that till the game is out and can be played, but at least some more news might let us know one way or another.

Well DIrishB here's the Trailer at least.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=3045

I hate DS

but am seriously thinking of picking one up for this and

- Mario kart
- dbz games
- new super mario bros

If you hate the DS, then everyone and their grandmother hates you and throws manure on your face to clean it with the Cleaning Wizard™.

But eh, this game looks kinda interesting. I won't pick it up, though. x.x I've been having to restrict my amount of new games lately...

Oh, I love this art in the screenshots.

Those Goblin shirtless monster-guys look weird. o.x

It's not in continuity due to the fact that Demogoblin is different.

Although, I would rather have had this Demogoblin then the one we have in the comics. :cry:

Last edited:
It's not in continuity due to the fact that Demogoblin is different.

Although, I would rather have had this Demogoblin then the one we have in the comics. :cry:

There hasn't been an Ultimate Demogoblin introduced in the comics yet, so that should be its first Ultimate appearance, thereby meaning there's no conflict. Unless of course you mean Hobgoblin. I haven't played the game yet so I can't be certain. Let me know, I'm still trying to figure out if it should be in Ultimate continuity or not, though from all the info I can find on it (without having played it) it doesn't seem to conflict with Ultimate continuity, meaning that I'm leaning towards including it. If there's any other reason not to, let me know.

Last edited:
There hasn't been an Ultimate Demogoblin introduced in the comics yet, so that should be its first Ultimate appearance, thereby meaning there's no conflict. Unless of course you mean Hobgoblin. I haven't played the game yet so I can't be certain. Let me know, I'm still trying to figure out if it should be in Ultimate continuity or not, though from all the info I can find on it (without having played it) it doesn't seem to conflict with Ultimate continuity, meaning that I'm leaning towards including it. If there's any other reason not to, let me know.

He's talking about the godawful MJ Goblin that was introduced in USM 101. Bendis called her Demogoblin on one of his boards, but nobody ever called her that in the series.

He's talking about the godawful MJ Goblin that was introduced in USM 101. Bendis called her Demogoblin on one of his boards, but nobody ever called her that in the series.

True, but Hobgoblin wasn't called Hobgoblin either, except for the title.

I hate that she's referred to as Demogoblin by some people.

If she is truly Demogoblin, this is by far the single worst Ultimization of a character of all time, having not even the slightest relation to their 616 counterpart.

If she is truly Demogoblin, this is by far the single worst Ultimization of a character of all time, having not even the slightest relation to their 616 counterpart.
truth

ultimate demogoblin would atleast have to be an extremely religous person who was injected with oz not mj

I see.

True, but Hobgoblin wasn't called Hobgoblin either, except for the title.

Good point.

Now what we need to know is if Demogoblin was called by name in the game, or just had his name on a random boss fight health bar. Either way, like I said before, we had a Carnage from the comics, then a separate Carnage entity from the USM video game (which was really just Peter as Carnage). This made a Carnage 1 from the comics, and Carnage 2 from the videogame. Same could apply here.

Seriously, when I first read it I started to assume it would be Ultimate Man-Wolf (or MJ-Wolf) based on the appearance.

truth

ultimate demogoblin would atleast have to be an extremely religous person who was injected with oz not mj

Not a bad idea.

ANYWAY!!!!

Anyone else think this could or can't be in Ultimate continuity? Give me some story points, let me know what characters show up (even side characters like MJ or Aunt May). Thanks.

Latest posts

Back