Spider-Man: Battle for New York a.k.a. Ultimate Spider-Man 2

This game looks weak. I'm tired of the "you can play as a villain" crap. And this shouldn't be in continuity, make is separate its an okay Idea to do it once but dont get over board, people were confused as hell on the first one. and I hate DS because of the touch screen and how they force it into every game, I like buttons, I've grown up with buttons, stop doing stupid mini games and make better gameplay.

Random said:
This game looks weak.

Considering we've only seen 4 or 5 screenshots from it, I'd have to say that opinion is a bit premature.

I'm tired of the "you can play as a villain" crap.

Really? Personally, I've only played that way in the USM game, so I can't say I'm tired of it. Least not yet.

And this shouldn't be in continuity, make is separate its an okay Idea to do it once but dont get over board, people were confused as hell on the first one.

Why shouldn't it be in continuity? We don't even know if it is, so again you're assuming. And don't worry, if it is in continuity, I'll be sure to show you where and how it fits in continuity on the timeline thread. ;)

and I hate DS because of the touch screen and how they force it into every game, I like buttons, I've grown up with buttons, stop doing stupid mini games and make better gameplay.

I don't think gameplay is the problem. And most games on the DS only require the touch screen for extremely small aspects of the game. Apparently in this one it'll only be used for the mini-games. So whats the big deal? Not every game can or should be a button masher, dude.

Bottom line, if you're not interested, don't pick it up, but thats no reason to bash a game you know hardly anything about at this point.

DIrishB said:
Considering we've only seen 4 or 5 screenshots from it, I'd have to say that opinion is a bit premature.
No problem, it was pretty good, but judging by the screens (I have an eye for it) and the previous game and the interview itself I can safely assume that I wouldn't like it
Really? Personally, I've only played that way in the USM game, so I can't say I'm tired of it. Least not yet.
Now that I think of it not too many games have that, I guess I just dont like that premise at all
Why shouldn't it be in continuity? We don't even know if it is, so again you're assuming. And don't worry, if it is in continuity, I'll be sure to show you where and how it fits in continuity on the timeline thread. ;)
I never said it would be just that they shouldnt, I just dont want them to start that precedent
I don't think gameplay is the problem. And most games on the DS only require the touch screen for extremely small aspects of the game. Apparently in this one it'll only be used for the mini-games. So whats the big deal? Not every game can or should be a button masher, dude.
I was just *****in about DS in general, I dont like the touch screen
Bottom line, if you're not interested, don't pick it up, but thats no reason to bash a game you know hardly anything about at this point.
I was just offering my opinions, Ive seen enough game news to judge fairly well I could be wrong I just know that most likely I wouldnt like it

Last edited:
Random said:
No problem, it was pretty good, but judging by the screens (I have an eye for it) and the previous game and the interview itself I can safely assume that I wouldn't like it

Fair enough. Personal taste is personal taste, after all.

Now that I think of it not too many games have that, I guess I just dont like that premise at all

I can understand that. It does have sort of a feel of working against yourself in terms of accomplishments in the game (logically, anyway...you still progress through the game either way).

I never said it would be just that they shouldnt, I just dont want them to start that precedent

I can understand that viewpoint based on it causing continuity problems (and everyone knows no one hates those more than I). However, if it doesn't cause any problems, I don't see why it shouldn't be included. It only helps to expand the USM story.

I was just *****in about DS in general, I dont like the touch screenI was just offering my opinions, Ive seen enough game news to judge fairly well I could be wrong I just know that most likely I wouldnt like it

Gotcha.

after the news that this was coming out i went and bought ultimate spiderman for the DS. Its a great game, if battle for new york is anything like it (which weve heard that it is), it'll be well worth your money.

Lithium said:

Hmmmm...could be..."Battle For New York" was kind of lame and very early 90's Sega Genesis game sounding, so I wouldn't mind. Though Origins isn't impressing me either. Though one has to wonder if it really is named Origins, and with the rumors of Green Goblin and Kinpin being major parts in the game (like they were major parts in the first two arcs of the comic book), if its not an original story but an adaptation of the early USM arcs.

EDIT:

And From IGN:

Premiering alongside Marvel Legends, Spider-Man is set to hit both the Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS systems later this year, featuring an origins story which gives players the chance to play as both Spider-Man himself, as well as his nemesis Green Goblin.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that the story is that GG breaks out of prison and teams up with the kingpin (for money purposes), to infect the NYC populace with Oz.

Lithium said:
I read somewhere that the story is that GG breaks out of prison and teams up with the kingpin (for money purposes), to infect the NYC populace with Oz.

I read that as well, but I've also read several post-SDCC reports that keep dropping the term "origin" into the description. I'm not saying for sure, and would personally prefer an original story instead of an adaptation of the comic.

DIrishB said:
Nah...terrible games...which were marketed terribly.

Yeah I remember Crazy Taxi. My dad thought I would like that game because he thought it would remind me of new york. big ****ing mistake. I literally burned the cd and told him to buy me capcom vs. snk after I saw some guys playing it at school with my other girlfriends.

Hibiki said:
Yeah I remember Crazy Taxi. My dad thought I would like that game because he thought it would remind me of new york. big ****ing mistake. I literally burned the cd and told him to buy me capcom vs. snk after I saw some guys playing it at school with my other girlfriends.

You're a bit psychotic, then?

good god this game sounds like a big let down

when i read about USM 2 on ultimatemarvel.net (french site use a translator) back in feb. they made it sound like a ps2 game they said they had three bosses set sandman, elektra, and kraven and they were thinking about a vs. mode in which you choose between spidey, the other playable, and the bosses, then pick a boss fight level and duke it out

now it's a ds/GBA exclusive :cry: i love my ds lite (new super mario bros. is tha' ****) but i want a true USM sequel

this is definetly one for the kids

wouldn't the hobgoblin make a better second playable then the green goblin?

this has put a damper on my day after i got so excited about the new stuf for mk armageddon

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man 2 Video Game Announced! (Or was it?)

hey what the heck was beetle even really doing in the first one?

Maybe they got it wrong but not in a bad way. Maybe the people that made the game could actually be making another spider-man game but 616 universe. Maybe it's that spider-man classic they were going to make but cancelled. cancelled stuff can come back sometimes.

darkspider16 said:
hey what the heck was beetle even really doing in the first one?

most of us think it was a set up for the intro of the Liberators in the Ultimates.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back