Spider-Man: Battle for New York a.k.a. Ultimate Spider-Man 2

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man 2 Video Game Announced!

Victor Von Doom said:
Uuuuuhhhhhhhhh........yeah. They're making them again. Yeah...that's the ticket. :wink:

/Lovitz

It's sad that only 35% of the people here will get that reference.

SNL?

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man 2 Video Game Announced! (Or was it?)

if they make a sequel they should have it out for regular Xbox as well. i mean, come on, what about the people that decided not to buy an xbox 360 because they didn't have the money. plus i think for the sequel they should have the costumes unlocked at the beginning, or by cheat usage. cuz i thought it sucked that u couldn't have any of the other costumes until u accomplished a goal, such as the 100% for black costume.

i'd rather see a game that picks up where Spider-Man: The New Animated Series left off. (why can't it have a second season, oh why? it was such a great series. best spidey cartoon out there)

the watcher said:
most of us think it was a set up for the intro of the Liberators in the Ultimates.

No we don't...I really doubt Bendis threaded that in to conincide with the Ultimates 2. I think Beetle was merely hired by Latveria to break Green Goblin out, or kidnap him to be studied upon. Nothing more, nothing less.

two words

VS. MODE!!!

i want this so bad i can't stand it they could make it like a fighting style vs. where you and your opponent pick between spidey/other playable(s)/ and bosses then you pick one of the boss fight stages and wail on each other

i am officially stoked and everyone thought usm2 was gonna be tha crappy looking spidey game for the ds

this game need to be longer tho like twice as long

i bet the story is return of the ultimate six (with two new guys replacing doc ock and spidey) plus lot's of other baddies

:drooling: :drooling:

DIrishB said:
No we don't...I really doubt Bendis threaded that in to conincide with the Ultimates 2. I think Beetle was merely hired by Latveria to break Green Goblin out, or kidnap him to be studied upon. Nothing more, nothing less.

Fine, what ever.

gemini-mk said:
two words

VS. MODE!!!

i want this so bad i can't stand it they could make it like a fighting style vs. where you and your opponent pick between spidey/other playable(s)/ and bosses then you pick one of the boss fight stages and wail on each other

i am officially stoked and everyone thought usm2 was gonna be tha crappy looking spidey game for the ds

this game need to be longer tho like twice as long

i bet the story is return of the ultimate six (with two new guys replacing doc ock and spidey) plus lot's of other baddies

:drooling: :drooling:
Agree vs mode would be cool, but it'll be awesome if you could do it online as well so you have all of NYC to play.

But the number one the this and all games like it needs this

LEVEL SELECT!!!!

Why the **** didnt they have it now? that increases gameplay 10 times. I just dont get it

Random said:
Agree vs mode would be cool, but it'll be awesome if you could do it online as well so you have all of NYC to play.

But the number one the this and all games like it needs this

LEVEL SELECT!!!!

Why the **** didnt they have it now? that increases gameplay 10 times. I just dont get it

VS mode would kick *** if done right. Just hope they wouldn't make it like
Marvel Nemisis

Agreed about Level Select the psone spider-man games had it now if they are worried about free-roam thing they could have him go to daily bugel and look up spider-man in their records so it fits in with free roam.

Heres what I would like to see in a 360 Sm game done like the USM game.

-a mode like the old what if modes on psone: added replay and comedy.
-Improved webbing. Spider-man 2 was not perfect but the web swinging tricks ect.. was neat

-we had venom why not more than 2 characcters like wolverine was in first let him have a mission or two. or human tourch ect....

-When free roaming as spider-man villans should escape to fight you. Also some villans that were not in story. like doc ock yes hes dead (i think) but after you beat game he can come as lets face it that wont need to fit story its just for fun.

-Diffrent costume powers. e.g if peter parker you can swing ect.. but if seen its game over as identy is blown

-How about a camrea in you home so when free roaming you can grab camrea take cool spidey or villan pics sell them and to get better. also an record book to see your pics

-Comic books that if you collect all of you get a free mini tpb of SM on your console**

- Downloadble comics of games story and unique storys done(**comics are like the ones on Marvel nemisis game was bad but i liked how they did comics) , Costumes like 616 ones , characters , themes

Agreed about Level Select the psone spider-man games had it now if they are worried about free-roam thing they could have him go to daily bugel and look up spider-man in their records so it fits in with free roam.
when you beat the game you should be able to just go back to where you fought a boss and you can choose to fight them again
dude that's cool you hunt down your opponent's or you can sneak up on them
we had venom why not more than 2 characcters like wolverine was in first let him have a mission or two. or human tourch ect....
how about the ultimate knights?
Diffrent costume powers. e.g if peter parker you can swing ect.. but if seen its game over as identy is blown
venom and carnage parkers!

Ultimate Knights have been mentioned once, and already everyone's orgasming over them.

gemini-mk said:
when you beat the game you should be able to just go back to where you fought a boss and you can choose to fight them again
Well I think you should be abnle to go through the story, not just bosses. Like in Spider-man 2 have a chapter select where you have to go through the same missions and story except the points thing

ProjectX2 said:
Ultimate Knights have been mentioned once, and already everyone's orgasming over them.

Bukkake?

So...why do we even have this thread? There is no USM 2, at least officially, yet. Spider-Man: Battle For New York for the DS is the closest we're going to get for the near future, it seems.

DIrishB said:

Ourchair? :lol:

DIrishB said:
So...why do we even have this thread? There is no USM 2, at least officially, yet. Spider-Man: Battle For New York for the DS is the closest we're going to get for the near future, it seems.

I totally said this on like page 3..........along with expressing my love for the strawberry filled twinkies.

Mmmmmmm.........twinkies.

Sorry for being stupid...

Is Bendis writing the script for this again?

Goodwill said:
Sorry for being stupid...

Is Bendis writing the script for this again?

For Christ's sake Goody...

This doesn't exist. There is no Ultimate Spider-Man 2 videogame. There's a semi-sequel in Spider-Man - Battle for New York for the DS which is coming out in October. For now, I'm considering Battle For New York as a side-story/side-game/semi-sequel to the USM game for the consoles.

But there is no USM 2.

DIrishB said:
*Shoots Zombipanda*

Great. Now I'm dead..... again...

Y'know, the first few times it happens, the scars are cool. Chicks really dig when you show them where you got stabbed, or a bullet grazed you. It's straight thug. And the whole zombie thing means it doesn't hurt so much, but it gets old, quick. A bullet hole in the face doesn't help matters, dude.

Zombipanda said:
Great. Now I'm dead..... again...

Y'know, the first few times it happens, the scars are cool. Chicks really dig when you show them where you got stabbed, or a bullet grazed you. It's straight thug. And the whole zombie thing means it doesn't hurt so much, but it gets old, quick. A bullet hole in the face doesn't help matters, dude.

Dude...I shot you in the leg...you need to go eat some more brains, you're losing your grip on reality...

*gets Zombipanda a Brain-Burger, then shoots him in the other leg*

There, now I don't have to worry about you eating my brain...I need it.

Goodwill said:
Why do we make **** up like this?

Boredom?

Anyway...would I be wrong to suggest merging this thread with the Spider-Man - Battle For New York thread?

I mean, Ultimate Spider-Man 2 doesn't exist in any form, it hasn't even been rumored by anyone even close to an official source. We may as well start making threads for USM 3, 4, 5, 6 and on, or Halo 4, 5, 6, etc if we go at this rate.

People, do us all a favor...realize this is USM 2 and stop asking about when USM is going to come out. The answer is in October, when this game is released. Its USM 2 in all intents and purposes, just not on a major console.

On another cynical note...I haven't seen or heard anything new about this game in awhile...I know it isn't a major console game, but with a scheduled released for October, I expected to know more about the game by now.

EDIT: Nevermind, just noticed its now been pushed back to November...more than likely to cash in more on the holiday season than delays...it is only a cartridge game.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back