Spider-Man: Battle for New York a.k.a. Ultimate Spider-Man 2

comic_geek21

Ultimate Spider-Man 2 Video Game Announced! (Or was it?)

EGM Magazine has officially announced that Ultimate Spider-Man 2 is being made and planned for release this Fall! They have informed that it will be released on the Next-Gen consoles.

Stay tuned to Ultimate Central for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ultimate Spider-Man 2 Video Game Announced!!!!

Next Gen? Excellent, hopefully it wont be like the last one story wise cause afterwards, people ***** that it doesnt fit just perfect. n I hope they just do a story from the comics and maybe add a new villain or two.

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man 2 Video Game Announced!

Man, that's great! I've been telling a lot of people about the 1st game, and the comic series. telling them another game is coming out might get some more readers.

I hope the storyline is better. :sick:

And that they connect it better to the comic series.

Any way you could post the artical?

I got bored real quick with the chases scenes in the first one. I hope they get rid of them in this one.

ProjectX2 said:
I got bored real quick with the chases scenes in the first one. I hope they get rid of them in this one.

They'll probably have some. Hopfully not as much as the first one. I really hope the storylines are longer this time.

The problem with the first one is that everything seemed half-assed. The storyline, the gameplay, the races - everything.

If Bendis had taken that same storyline and made it into a comic I would almost bet that the number of USM readers would be cut by 2/3. It's just junk. It's like he had some major plot points he wanted to use and only put a half effort into filling in the inbetween parts. Very disappointing.

UltimateE said:
The problem with the first one is that everything seemed half-assed. The storyline, the gameplay, the races - everything.

If Bendis had taken that same storyline and made it into a comic I would almost bet that the number of USM readers would be cut by 2/3. It's just junk. It's like he had some major plot points he wanted to use and only put a half effort into filling in the inbetween parts. Very disappointing.

It wasn't that bad. I mean ya, Bendis could of done a better job. But it was his first video game. I'm sure some of the stuff he wanted in there that they just couldn't put in. This time around I'm sure Bendis will step up to the plate.

I wonder how spidey will be up agents this time around.

I hope that Venom won't be stuck in the Ultimate video game world. I also hope that they manage to make the game longer.

I do not fully agree that the storyline was bad, but some of the chases were senseless. Why would Green Goblin be running away from Spider-Man?

Last edited:

This doesn't affect my life, but it does help promote the Ultimate Universe.

Very cool. I liked the storyline in the first one. Only thing I didn't like was Sable outside of continuity.

What could this be about? If it's out next fall maybe we could guess from what Bendis has told us about the arcs coming up.

I just hope we get a Ultimate Daredevil appearance.

Yeah this is cool. I just got the first game Friday (finally), but weren't there some loose ends at the end of the game? I thought they might use those to set up the second one. I haven't played it yet, but I thought Beetle stole Sandman, who didn't appear. It seems a sequel could use that.

Too bad I probably won't have any next-gen console by that time. =(

Doc Comic said:
Too bad I probably won't have any next-gen console by that time. =(

Look at it this way - maybe by the time you do, it will be one of the greatest hits and you can get it cheaper.

Latest posts

Back