Spider-Man: Edge of Time

Correct, because it's fun and heroic and all those sunny things being a superhero is actually about.

No idea if your serious. If you are my response is :

Sex & Drugs is what rock & roll lifestyle is about. But there is no Drugs or sex in Guitar hero or rock band.

Been an American Football player involves having to sponsor stuff and do adverts. None in Madden

Been a solider means if your shot you have to take off , heal , get repaired ect... Yet in COD and other FPS you just re-spawn.

My point is. I agree a Superhero like Spider-man does stuff like saving balloons, getting kittens from trees and other stuff. However it has no place in the game as it ruins the pacing and just makes the game tedious. You buy a spider-man game to fight bad guys not dash around for balloons.

Now if you were joking I'll reply with

:lol:

Planet-Man wasn't joking. Admittedly, the balloon thing is the most infamously annoying thing in that game, but the idea of having Spider-Man doing all of the nice little things a superhero would actually do is still sound.

The joy of free-roaming Spider-Man games is that it's a total, comprehensive Spider-Man simulation as well as just being a set of staged, counterfeit scenarios where you have to fulfill a series of linear objectives someone has created for you. At any point, you can just swing around New York, doing tricks like Spider-Man might actually do. You don't actually have to do anything other than that, after you've done the first couple of missions. It's entirely up to you.

I love that you get to save people and perform noble acts in Spider-Man 2. Does it get repetitive? Certainly. But that was the PS2. The possibilities for side-missions on this generation is basically endless. With Xbox Live and PSN, there could be at least two or three side-mission updates (with a dozen or so brand new side-missions added on to the already massive set) to keep NY fresh and interesting.

I guess when it comes right down to it, do you want to play a fun superhero beat-em' up for a few hours, or do you want to feel like you've become the hero? Beating up row upon row of bad guys doesn't really make me feel like Spider-Man as much as racing through the simulated streets of NY does.

No idea if your serious. If you are my response is :

Sex & Drugs is what rock & roll lifestyle is about. But there is no Drugs or sex in Guitar hero or rock band.

Been an American Football player involves having to sponsor stuff and do adverts. None in Madden

Been a solider means if your shot you have to take off , heal , get repaired ect... Yet in COD and other FPS you just re-spawn.

My point is. I agree a Superhero like Spider-man does stuff like saving balloons, getting kittens from trees and other stuff. However it has no place in the game as it ruins the pacing and just makes the game tedious. You buy a spider-man game to fight bad guys not dash around for balloons.

Now if you were joking I'll reply with

:lol:

No he's saying it's heroic and makes it seem way more true to the characters. That's why Superman Returns (the game) blew because Superman fought robots the entire time. If you'd say have moments like from All-Star where he stopped a person from jumping from a building or stopped a falling plane it'd be awesome and make you feel like Superman.

Same goes for Spider-Man. Sure it's a little cheesy to go and grab the kid's balloon but you feel like so much more of a hero when you do it. I want Spidey having to stop what he's doing to rescue people from a fire or chase after a carjacker again which the freeroamers got rid of (though I still think Ultimate Spider-Man may be my favorite of all of them).

Spider-Man 2 was awesome because you got to live and breath in a real (albeit superhero themed) New York City. That's why games like LA Noir or Mass Effect work becuase you're in gigantic worlds that feel all the more real. It's the little details that count.

Oh and you do get endorsements and ads in stuff like Madden :p.

I guess when it comes right down to it, do you want to play a fun superhero beat-em' up for a few hours, or do you want to feel like you've become the hero? Beating up row upon row of bad guys doesn't really make me feel like Spider-Man as much as racing through the simulated streets of NY does.

And that's okay. I'm just the opposite. Trawling 100 miles to give MJ a flower just seems annoyingly pointless. Yes some of the side stuff was good but it drags.

No he's saying it's heroic and makes it seem way more true to the characters. That's why Superman Returns (the game) blew because Superman fought robots the entire time. If you'd say have moments like from All-Star where he stopped a person from jumping from a building or stopped a falling plane it'd be awesome and make you feel like Superman.

Same goes for Spider-Man. Sure it's a little cheesy to go and grab the kid's balloon but you feel like so much more of a hero when you do it. I want Spidey having to stop what he's doing to rescue people from a fire or chase after a carjacker again which the freeroamers got rid of (though I still think Ultimate Spider-Man may be my favorite of all of them).

Spider-Man 2 was awesome because you got to live and breath in a real (albeit superhero themed) New York City. That's why games like LA Noir or Mass Effect work becuase you're in gigantic worlds that feel all the more real. It's the little details that count.

See I disagree. I felt like I was Spider-man more in SD than 2 Because the free roaming aspect in 2 made it so not Spider-man. Like jumping from top of tallest building to get a little XP , or saving the same guy from jumping off building, okay call me heartless but after 10 times I was like "**** him!" and never responded.

Oh and you do get endorsements and ads in stuff like Madden :p.

No that's picking them. I mean something like actually having to do adverts and sponsorship stuff. Like a game of acting to get the football player to act in say a deodorant advert for tv.

It's not there because it'd be annoying. Just like spider-man 2, I have no doubt if spider-man existed he'd get kids balloons, carry idiots to hospital. BUT that is not why I play the game. i play the game to have fun gameplay.

Even Spider-man Friend & foe was more fun than 2 and 3 , Why? no pointless free roam crap. Ultimate was fun but because they mixed it up with Venom gameplay and Spider-man game play , stopped it been too "same crap" , Web of shaddows was horrible but I liked the choices.

See all you're listing are side optional quests. You don't have to do any of those things so it shouldn't be a big deal. I just like it when video games go the extra mile to pay attention to the little details.

See all you're listing are side optional quests. You don't have to do any of those things so it shouldn't be a big deal. I just like it when video games go the extra mile to pay attention to the little details.

It's not just side missions. Example going from the bugle to M.J's for story mission took way too long. It ruined the story mode for me.

See I disagree. I felt like I was Spider-man more in SD than 2 Because the free roaming aspect in 2 made it so not Spider-man. Like jumping from top of tallest building to get a little XP , or saving the same guy from jumping off building, okay call me heartless but after 10 times I was like "**** him!" and never responded.

So...you're actually making the argument that web-swinging to a place to save someone from dying isn't 'like Spider-Man'?!

So...you're actually making the argument that web-swinging to a place to save someone from dying isn't 'like Spider-Man'?!

No, I'm arguing unless he's dating them , he doesn't save the same person every 10 minutes

All the free roaming needs is better story replay, I'd love to be able to fight a boss or play a level without having to play through a long game. Everything else that would need fixing is a given, but that's the main problem I see popping up every time I play one of them.

And yes What if mode was freaking awesome and we need it back

Exactly. Spider-Man 2 would be practically perfect if you could play through the story mode again and again, retaining and continually developing your stats and being able to play with different costumes.

Arkham Asylum also suffered from the problem of not being able to replay the story mode without starting a new game, although that would be somewhat more awkward, given that so much of how you progress in the game is based on not being able to reach certain areas until you have a gadget that allows you to do so (the zip-line, the Ultra BatClaw, etc).

[video=youtube;ogN9hrhTFVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogN9hrhTFVs&feature=feedu[/video]

Now Jaggyd, I want you to take a deep breath before you see this. We don't need you popping your cork like ourchair does. When ever he see's... something he's attracted to.
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Heavy breathing keeps me contained.

Latest posts

Back