Spider-Man: Homecoming (News and Rumor Discussion)

:lol: The only guy who sees it.

Maybe North Korea will get mad about it and they'll have to cancel it.

Then it can leak online like the last time that happened and everyone will give a rebellious "it was okay"

In Civil War, Peter said that his powers "dialed up his senses to eleven" and so he wore goggles to help him focus and not take in too much. The squinting mask helps deal with that. I think that makes sense.

I, on the other hand, do not think that makes any sense whatsoever.

[emoji38] fair enough

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

It makes sense for Daredevil. Spider-Man doesn't work the same way. His spider sense only goes off when he's in danger, and it's not something he would want to suppress. Plus, it's not sight-based anyway,

It makes sense for Daredevil. Spider-Man doesn't work the same way. His spider sense only goes off when he's in danger, and it's not something he would want to suppress. Plus, it's not sight-based anyway,

Different universe, different rules :^)

Why would Daredevil need to reduce his visual intake? He's blind!

Just kidding, I understand what you mean. But they never said the goggles are related to his Spider sense. Peter Parker says, "When I got these powers, it's like my senses are dialed up to eleven. The goggles help me focus." (not the exact quote). I know that's not true of him in the comics. And I know it's unnecessary. But it's not a terrible change, it makes a decent amout of sense, and the fact that Stark made the suit explains why the mask can act like lenses/shutters on a camera and "squint".

Why would Daredevil need to reduce his visual intake? He's blind!

Just kidding, I understand what you mean. But they never said the goggles are related to his Spider sense. Peter Parker says, "When I got these powers, it's like my senses are dialed up to eleven. The goggles help me focus." (not the exact quote). I know that's not true of him in the comics. And I know it's unnecessary. But it's not a terrible change, it makes a decent amout of sense, and the fact that Stark made the suit explains why the mask can act like lenses/shutters on a camera and "squint".

It definitely makes sense in terms of the spider powers, given the visual acuity. Most spiders actually have terrible vision, but some (jumping, flower, net-casting, and wolf spiders) have extraordinary vision used for hunting.

It can be theorized Peter got summa dat. It could also be that, since ALL spiders have extraordinary sense of touch, sense of ground vibration and surrounding movement (which could play into a slightly new take on spider-sense).

Also, it's not that it'll stay "too much" forever. It's still new, so it could be theorized his brain is still building new pathways in the brain to handle all this new input his abilities give him (his faster impulses, etc).

Last edited:
I'd love to know what problem that the person who came up with this thinks it fixes.

It fixes the problem of not having moving eye pieces on Spider-Man

Last edited:
It fixes the problem of not having moving eye pieces on Spider-Man

No other (or at least very, very few) masked characters have eye pieces that move. There is a reason for this: it is stupid and unnecessary. So why is it a problem that needs to be solved for him?

No other (or at least very, very few) masked characters have eye pieces that move. There is a reason for this: it is stupid and unnecessary. So why is it a problem that needs to be solved for him?

Why? It allows more facial expressions and can be used to add humor

[video=youtube_share;uTqz-5pfEQ8]https://youtu.be/uTqz-5pfEQ8[/video]

Latest posts

Back