Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

I just wish there was more cutting off people's heads and sex mini-games.

I feel the same way about the new Brave and the Bold game.

Last edited:
I'm really liking this game so far. I'm only able to play a little at a time so I just finished the Sandman level. The only problems I have with this game is the lack of free roaming, the camra and the wall-crawling (But there's so little time to crawl it doesn't bother me that much).

The next Spider-Man game should be like Mario Kart but with Spider-Man characters and items.

and a giant mechanical spider

You're thinking of Wild Wild West

No I think he's think of every Spider-Slayer comic/cartoon story from 1963 to 2000.

Anyways, I think a good percentage has play a good amount of this game. What are your thoughts?

How could they have made this game better?

For me, they could have worked a little more on the camera. When it comes to the wall crawling it's usable if you really work with both sticks, but it's still annoying as hell.

They should have keep free roaming. Having free roaming in all four worlds would have been awesome.

Having Stan Lee is cool as a narrator. But I think it would have been a little bit cooler if all four universes had their own narrator.

Marvel: Stan Lee
Noir: David Hine
2099: Peter David
Ultimate: Brian Michael Bendis

And Finally add more characters, not just by name. Even if it's just a brief cameo. (I mean besides Silver Sable in the Juggernaut level) You know see Peter Park or even Miguel O'Hara without the mask talking to Mary Jane Watson or even Xina Kwan.

What are your thoughts?

I like it. It feels to me at least like the best spider-man since the first PSone game. I'm so glad they decided to do ditch free-roam. Not every game has to be free-roam. With it gone the levels feel better, The cutscenes are great, the voice work is great too.

I've not completed it but so far it is great. Also thank god they added costumes. I missed having alternate costumes. Ultimate did a good job of having them but they've been missing for awhile. :D Bagman! :lol: sorry I just love that costume.

I like how the scenes feel and how each character plays. I think my favourite to play as is Noir if not then 2099.

How could they have made this game better

Like you said the camera can be a little annoying but not game-breaking bad.

Also when I turn the game on they have a thing checking for DLC. What DLC is coming? I'm hoping for extra levels , costumes. Ideally the DLC could even be another dimension or two. E.g Spider-ham. Manga, Zombie or something.

Also when I turn the game on they have a thing checking for DLC. What DLC is coming? I'm hoping for extra levels , costumes. Ideally the DLC could even be another dimension or two. E.g Spider-ham. Manga, Zombie or something.

Yeah, they are make more maps like in "Batman: Arkham Asylum." No news as to what the maps will be about.

Hey, have you gotten to the Deadpool level yet? I got three sylllables for you... Hil...ari...ous.

Deadpool: Hey, is it ture that there's a female clone of yourself running around out there? Creepy,.. I'd still hit that. :lol:

Last edited:
I forgot to tell you that exclusive to the Deadpool level. If you have to pause the game. Deadpool will say stuff durning the pause, like: "Are you pausing me? Are you pausing me? Well I'm the only one here, so you must be pausing me..."

Or

"A bear walks into a bar. And the Bar tender says, Hey... what's with the pause?"

I really enjoyed the Deadpool level. Anyone notice the easter egg of Deadpool and Electro sharing a cell in the Carnage level? It's in the area with all the cells on the left (forgot which floor) Deadpool is throwing a ball at Electro's head

Well finally got around to beating the game, not bad. I'm kind of hoping they'd do another one but with a better camera and maybe let Dan Slott or another writer write the whole script instead of just helping with it.

anyways I kind of feel like adding this game to my first Appearance thread. So here's the name of the list of characters that showed up or were mentioned.

Marvel: Earth-616:

Peter Parker / Spider-Man
Norman Osborn / Green Goblin (Suggested)
Cassandra Webb / Madame Web
William Baker / Flint Marko / Sandman
Sergei Kravinoff / Kraven The Hunter
Cain Marko / The Juggernaut
Quintin Beck / Mysterio
Galacticus (By Name Only)
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (By Name Only)
Silver Sablinova / Silver Sable
Wild Pack
Herman Schultz / Shocker (By Name Only)
Kraven's Warriors

Noir: Earth-7207:

Adrian Toomes / The Vulture
Joseph (Unknown) / Hammer Head
Norman Osborn / The Goblin
Jackson W. Brice / Montana
Daniel Brito / Fancy Dan
Raymond Bloch / Ox
Sylvester Marston / Snake Marston (By Name Only)
Janice Foswell (By Name Only)
Sammy (Unknown) / Crime-Master (Suggested)
Benjamin Parker: Deceased (By Name Only)
Felicia Hardy

2099: Earth-928:

Miguel O'Hara / Spider-Man
(Unknown) (Unknown) / Hobgoblin
Kron Stone / Scorpion
Dr. Selena Patel / Doctor Octopus
Flipside (By Name Only)
James Howlett / Logan / Wolverine (By Image Only)
Dr. Steven Strange / Doctor Strange: Deceased (By Image Only)
Felicia Hardy / Black Cat: Deceased (By Image Only)
Tony Stark / Iron Man: Deceased (Suggested)
Norman Osborn / Green Goblin: Deceased: (Suggested)
Gabrile Stone / Green Goblin (By Name Only)
Dr. Robert Bruce Banner / Hulk: Deceased (By Image Only)
S.I.E.G.E.
Public Eye Patrol

Ultimate: Earth-1610:

Little Ben / Carnage
Maxwell Dillon / Electro
Wade Wilson / Deadpool
May Parker (By Name Only)
Peter Parker (Clone) / Jessica Drew / Spider-Woman (Suggested)
Mary Jane Watson (Suggested)
Kitty Pryde / Shadowcat (By Name Only)
Ben Grimm / Thing (By Name Only)
James Howlett / Logan / Wolverine (By Name Only)
Dr. Steven Strange, Jr. / Doctor Strange (By Name Only)
Nick Fury (By Name Only)
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Spider-Slayer Robots

Others:

Irving Forbush / Forbush Man (By Name Only) Earth-665
Peter Porker / Spider-Ham Earth-8311
Peter Parker / Spider-Man (By Image Only) Earth-80219
Peter Parker / Spider-Man (By Image Only) Earth-20051
(Unknown) (Unknown) / Spider-Girl (By Image Only) Earth-924
May Mayday Parker / Spider-Girl (By Image Only) Earth-982
Ashley Barton / Spider-***** (By Image Only) Earth-90210
Peter Parker / Spider-Man / Poison (By Image Only) Earth-70134

Last edited:
They name drop Jessica in Ultimate, yet he has the Suit and Little Ben still exists?

Ugh.

So I played with my brother and we beat it and will probably turn it in tomorrow. The game was pretty entertaining but I don't see much replay value in it. 2099 my favorite Spiderman. Also what sucked was that the unlockable suits were character specific. Why???

Hey, have you gotten to the Deadpool level yet?

That's the only I hated. The layout was bad, Deadpool was just annoying like he is in 616. None of the jokes made me laugh it was all "oh look he broke the 4th wall!" Oh "oh my god look at the funny random crap he says" Which just irritating.

I can see that level stopping me if I replay the missions to do the stuff i missed on web of destiny, costing me 100% of it done as I won't replay that crap. Luckily though the other levels are fun and the other levels have stuff that made me laugh.'

the camera crashing was a huge cop out in gameplay. If you have a mystic tablet, the last thing you would be expected to do was have your enemy arrive to a mass of oil rigs to destroy tv cameras.

Okay I was seriously disappointed with how easy Mysterio was. I mean I had more trouble with the other villains. Plus the Noir section of the Mysterio fight, Oh my god it couldn't have ripped off the scarecrow/batman level in arkham if it tried.

Rented this the other day.

Awesome. Seriously. Even if this were only an Amazing/616 Spidey game, it would be awesome just based on the tight controls and fighting variety. But including 3 other different versions of Spidey, each with their own unique gameplay aspects...well, now thats something.

While its not the best game ever, its certainly much better than I expected it to be.

Even the 1st person punching/boxing stuff, which sounded stupid at first, works very well. Me likey.

Even better, it actually fits into continuity (Ultimate continuity anyway).

They name drop Jessica in Ultimate, yet he has the Suit and Little Ben still exists?

Ugh.

Actually, the Ultimate portions can fit into existing Ultimate continuity without screwing up the timeline.

Its said at the very beginning (at least during Ult Spidey's intro to his first playable level--the Electro level) that Madam Web grants Ult Spidey the use of the black suit to help him overcome the coming challenges. All the power and agility of the black suit, but without the mind-controlling need to eat people. Plus, its easy enough to buy the alternate Ult costume (the regular blue and red one) and just wear that (even though there are black Venom tendrils coming out of it).

And Little Ben/Carnage is supposedly still in existence, just now a completely separate entity from Gwen. This is questionable given the ending of the War of the Symbiotes arc (Venom absorbing Carnage), but its easy enough to assume since Gwen/Carnage was under SHIELD custody for awhile, SHIELD was able to get a sample and possibly grow their own Carnage. Or maybe Venom just pooped out a whole, undigested and un-absorbed Carnage, who can say? ;)

I'd guess Shattered Dimensions could take place anytime after Ultimatum, since Carnage is its own entity, and Nick Fury is mentioned as being around (meaning for it to make sense, it has to be post-Ultimatum, since thats when Nick returns from the Squadron Supreme-verse.

So taking that into account, name dropping Jessica actually makes sense.

According to Marvel.com the new DLC is available now for XBox 360, Playstation 3 next week. The Content includes all 4 Cosmic Spidey Suits and an all new signature attack.

http://marvel.com/news/all.14492.new_sm~colon~_sd_downloadable_content

Meh. Hopefully they'll add more playable levels for DLC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back