Spore: Possibly the Greatest Game Concept Ever

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=spore

Go to the second video...

Its thirty minutes long but worth every minute...

Holy ****.

Holy ****.

Holy ****.

This is so amazing my mind hurts.

Oh God, how is this even possible?!

Let me try to sum it up in a sentence... Evolution from a single celled organism to a interplanetary civilization, every step of the way... and thats only about 1/4 of it.

Don't believe me?

Watch the video.

I just pay to god my computer can run this. I always thought it'd be sweet, ever since I first heard about it. It's like The Sims meets Civilization meets E.V.O.

ROFL! I just noticed that when the creature gets on land and begins attacking the little thing, the music is from Star Trek when Spock and Kirk spar to the death. It was in Cable Guy, too.

Last edited:
My species is going to be a hairy seven legged lizard-looking thing with a big head. I shall name my species Bassilingus.

There must be something really wrong with me, not seeing what is so terribly great about Bass.

Perhaps it's my mutant ability.

My cousin showed me this video over the summer and yes, the game looks incredible.

Appearently it's going to run on some sort of memory algerithm so it uses the same space over and over again thousands of times a second. In other words, the game is only going to be ridiculously huge but only take up a few megabytes. But that's just what I've heard.

Planet-man said:
My cousin showed me this video over the summer and yes, the game looks incredible.

Appearently it's going to run on some sort of memory algerithm so it uses the same space over and over again thousands of times a second. In other words, the game is only going to be ridiculously huge but only take up a few megabytes. But that's just what I've heard.

Oh my god, if that's true...

*drools*

*short circuits*

Korinthian said:
There must be something really wrong with me, not seeing what is so terribly great about Bass.

Perhaps it's my mutant ability.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Woah...

This game DOES sound like the greatest concept of all time. I've found a lot of games to be the same old thing ever since I bought the Cube and now I've realized something - you're so much better off with computer games.

This game looks really captivating... Like, you could waste away your life on this thing. I'll probably buy it.

My Bassilingus race will then go into space and colonize the Moon of my planet. There I will create a new offshoot of the Bassilingus race and call them the Moonmasters.

Then my UFO will unleash its doomsday device on the Moon and turn it into a pretty ring around the home world of the Bassilingus.

Now, in that video, they talk about "other players' worlds"

is this a MMO game?

if someone destroys your world, are you done?

or is it, you play alone, and it uses the internet to find other worlds to fill out your own, but you don't affect their game and vice versa?

From what I understood from the video, it only gathers info (races, cities, planets) from other players, but you do not directly affect them (except you probably share your info).

Latest posts

Back