Squadron Supreme (2006) series discussion (spoilers)

Lynx

Anyone pick this up? I've been considering geting it (I was going to leave it to trades), but I haven't seen any reviews on it or anything.

Last edited:
Re: Squadron Supreme #1?

Lynx said:
Anyone pick this up? I've been considering geting it (I was going to leave it to trades), but I haven't seen any reviews on it or anything.

Yep, I hadn't gotten to it.

It picks up right after Supreme Power: Hyperion. But if you didn't read that or are waiting for the trade it's still pretty easy to follow.

Basically it just brings everyone together, including the new people introduced in SP:H. I can post in more detail later; I only read through it once real quick.

I'll probably get this today along with Seven Soldiers Vol. 2. I don't usually get monthlies, but I'm thinking about it with Squadron.

Last edited:
Re: Squadron Supreme #1?

E said:
Yep, I hadn't gotten to it.

It picks up right after Supreme Power: Hyperion. But if you didn't read that or are waiting for the trade it's still pretty easy to follow.

Basically it just brings everyone together, including the new people introduced in SP:H. I can post in more detail later; I only read through it once real quick.

That'd be great!

I just re-read the first 18 issues of SP again (After the Ultimate Power announcment) and I seriously want to get this and the last two issues of Hyperion I never picked up.

I'm waiting for number 3 to make that call, the other series was slow, and kinda boring, but once you got like the whole story, and read them as a arc, i found that better

thee great one said:
This new series sucks bad. It's horrible. All three issues. I'm done with it.

The first issue bored me. I didn't think the move from MAX would change much besides the content, but it seemed to have sucked all the goodness out of it.

And now they want to cross it over with the UU... :(

ProjectX2 said:
The first issue bored me. I didn't think the move from MAX would change much besides the content, but it seemed to have sucked all the goodness out of it.

And now they want to cross it over with the UU... :(

I think its lost its realness...... with the swearing.... and nudity.

It's decent, but not on the level of Supreme Power. The biggest problem is that it feels very much like the whole team thing was forced by some higher ups at Marvel who wanted something more accessible. On the other side though, it definitely feels like Stracynski is going to rip the team apart. Which is good.

As for the swearing and nudity, who gives a crap? It added nothing to the story originally (f-words and boobies do not make a comic mature), so I'm not bothered to see this aspect go.

As long as Gary Frank keeps hammering out pages, I'm happy.

Its been dull so far, but I'm hoping it picks up. I'm really curious about the ending of Hyperion and how JMS plans to tie it into SS.

I don't think the series is bad by any means. Its definitly not as good as Supreme Power, but we're only three issues in. Tell me by issue #3 of Supreme Power you were a fan...anyway, I did get a chuckle out of Tom Thumb being enclosed into a capsule and used as a potential back-up plan from the fat guy's anus.

Fuzzy Birds said:
As for the swearing and nudity, who gives a crap? It added nothing to the story originally (f-words and boobies do not make a comic mature), so I'm not bothered to see this aspect go.

I didn't say it made it mature...... it made it more real, like the female alien wouldn't care about being nude, or that fish creature.
And the swear words, if you were fighting someone, u wouldn't say "sweet christmas" if you got punched now would you?

Shihad said:
I didn't say it made it mature...... it made it more real, like the female alien wouldn't care about being nude, or that fish creature.
And the swear words, if you were fighting someone, u wouldn't say "sweet christmas" if you got punched now would you?

I make a conscious effort to try to swear as little as possible. So, no, I wouldn't say 'sweet christmas', I'd probably say 'Holy Moses' or 'Christ on a bike'.

You and about four other people in Utah, man.

You want to speak to an audience, use the audience's words.

This is why most VERTIGO books are all but legendary. They use contemporary, realistic dialogue.

thee great one said:
I tried to send it before I left. When I get back.

Nevermind - got it.

You guys are harsh. I'm enjoying this.

Yeah i was gonna say i got issue 3 today, its not that bad, as i said it will probaly read better in a trade or an arc.
I wish it hadn't changed from Max, but its not bad, i'm going to keep it going

E said:
Nevermind - got it.

You guys are harsh. I'm enjoying this.

Me too. Tho i do miss the violence. It wasnt the same seeing M'Butu's throat getting ripped out in shadow

Latest posts

Back