Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Star Trek: Voyager

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Trek: Enterprise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
I think it was the whole time wars thing. I liked the first season, but the second couldn't keep my interest for too long.

Yeah that seemed too much like a "We want to use future continuity but can't" loop hole. The show really works episodically.

DS9.

It was a hard choice between DS9 and TNG, but after doing a marathon after watching the new movie, I forgot how many really forgettable, or flat out bad episodes there are in TNG. If you cut those out, then TNG is far and away better and one of the best Sci Fi shows, but the camp and heavy handed morals in the early episodes were distracting. I loved DS9 most because it seemed more intimate, more like a family, from the relationships to the occasional infighting. The socio-political stories in DS9 to me were more entertaining, then the lead up to the Dominion War, the Prophets, it was just good television.

But, this is just my opinion.

I think it'd be interesting to list all the good episodes of TNG and DS9 and stack them side by side. Every Trek show, unfortunately, has far too many rubbish episodes. In TNG's first two seasons, I can think of only one good episode: Q Who. Is there another? As for DS9, I think DS9 has the same proportion of rubbish, but because of its soap opera elements that dovetail between episodes, it's hard to notice one forgettable episode over another. I saw the episode Badda-Bing Badda-Bang last night, and it was really very stupid. As was Chrysalis, and Treachery, Faith, and the Great River.

I think it might be cool for people to just list episodes they really like of the Trek shows, if only in an effort to weed out the rubbish.

And the weird thing? TOS has many rubbish episodes, but they're so bad they're like an Ed Wood movie. Spock's Brain is so absurd, it kinda just has to be watched. Nothing in TNG, DS9 or the others gets that bad.

I think it'd be interesting to list all the good episodes of TNG and DS9 and stack them side by side. Every Trek show, unfortunately, has far too many rubbish episodes. In TNG's first two seasons, I can think of only one good episode: Q Who. Is there another? As for DS9, I think DS9 has the same proportion of rubbish, but because of its soap opera elements that dovetail between episodes, it's hard to notice one forgettable episode over another. I saw the episode Badda-Bing Badda-Bang last night, and it was really very stupid. As was Chrysalis, and Treachery, Faith, and the Great River.

I think it might be cool for people to just list episodes they really like of the Trek shows, if only in an effort to weed out the rubbish.

And the weird thing? TOS has many rubbish episodes, but they're so bad they're like an Ed Wood movie. Spock's Brain is so absurd, it kinda just has to be watched. Nothing in TNG, DS9 or the others gets that bad.

Totally agree on all counts. I think for me, I prefer DS9 over TNG more just because of the actual characters. Which is odd, because, I admit TNG's characters are a bit more fleshed out at times.

Latest posts

Back