Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith [SPOILERS]

moonmaster said:
Finally saw it today. :D Overall, I thought it was pretty good. General Grievous was a bit disappointing. So is he supposed to be Russian? If he was "trained in the ways of the Jedi" then why does he just spin his lightsabers aroung like deadly windmills? And if he's so cool and powerful than why could Obi-Wan kill him by just shooting him in the heart?

"By just shooting him in the heart?" My God, it's hard to impress you. :p

Bass said:

I just expected a more spectacular death for a guy like Grievous. He went out like a punk ***.

Speaking of going out like a punk ***, didn't Sam Jackson say he that Lucas promised him that he'd go out fighting. He died like a ***** too.

Well Mace was electrocuted, cut, and thrown out of a window. I'd say that's pretty spectacular.

I was just thinking, do you think Grievous was like a prototype for Darth Vader? A normal alien/human rebuilt with robot parts. Rebuilt to be the ultimate weapon.

I thought'd be cool if it was something like that.

ProjectX2 said:
Well Mace was electrocuted, cut, and thrown out of a window. I'd say that's pretty spectacular.

Yeah, it was spectacular, but it wasn't very honorable. If he had been cut down during a lightsaber battle, that would have been a good death.

I was just thinking, do you think Grievous was like a prototype for Darth Vader? A normal alien/human rebuilt with robot parts. Rebuilt to be the ultimate weapon.

I thought'd be cool if it was something like that.

Grievous is just screaming for a comic book telling his origin. I wanna know what his deal is.

Grievous is cool because he's mysterious.

Bass said:

Yeah i was thinking the same thing - he reached in and tore his armor apart to expose his heart, then shot him and electrocuted him so bad that what was left of his flesh essentially exploded. I thought it was cool.

moonmaster said:
Grievous is just screaming for a comic book telling his origin. I wanna know what his deal is.

It's in Star Wars: Visionaries. If you want me to spoil it, find the thread I started for it (in the General Comics forum I think) and ask there.

Yeah, I just saw it a few days ago in IMAX. I got dizzy at some points, it was so awesome. Definately my favorite. I thought Grievous died well, but I also concur with the question what was the deal with the windmill sabers? If he's trained in the saber techniques, should he really get 2 hands cut off in less than a minute? Hell, even Luke lasted longer than that.

Grievous was already wounded from Clone Wars when Mace Windu Crushed his torax with the force (thats why he never stop caughing).

And i think the emperor was kinda letting Windu win, to see if hes faith in Anakin wasnt false.

Grievous' windmill tactic is actually very clever. Only two of his arms do that, the other two wait back to be used effectively amidst distraction.

The problem is, Obi-Wan is nails. Grievous is essentially splitting his consciousness four ways during a fight with a Jedi who can see things before they happen.

To my mind, cutting off Grievous' windmill hands was easy for Kenobi because he can just work out the timing (since they're stationary) and cut them off when he needs to.

Also, Grevious had a spinny-wheel toy which would've had to be cut if he kept on with the lightsaber stuff.

And it's worth noting that the Clone Wars, Grievous (and everyone) is so outrageously overpowered its not worth comparing the two.

As for Windu beating Sidious: Part of it is definately Sidious waiting for Anakin to show up and protect him - he's forseen it after all. The other part is I think Windu is more powerful with a lightsabre than Yoda, but Yoda's overall command of the force such as the telekinetic stuff, is a lot more powerful than Mace's (who rarely uses it at all). I think the concept of Mace being the uber-lightsaber bad-*** of the Jedi is evident in that his is the only purple lightsaber. I mean, we all know the story: Jackson asked for a purple one, but from a story viewpoint, there's no reason why Lucas didn't think they could use the fact he has a unique lightsaber to say that this guy is the best saber-dude around, and that's why he looked more impressive than Yoda with a lightsaber, but Yoda was capable of taking on all of Mr Electric-Blam's force powers because he's l33t.

And stuff.

I agree with Bass.

"He's as wise as Master Yoda, and as powerful as Master Windu." - Anakin.

News Flash From The Box Office:

If the weekend estimates hold, then Episode III is the fastest film to make 300 million in the U.S. If the estimates hold, then it took Ep. 3 17 days, and Shrek 2 18 days. We'll find out for certain on Monday! :D

ultimatedjf said:
News Flash From The Box Office:

If the weekend estimates hold, then Episode III is the fastest film to make 300 million in the U.S. If the estimates hold, then it took Ep. 3 17 days, and Shrek 2 18 days. We'll find out for certain on Monday! :D
THE fastest? How long did it take to make $300 mil? Because LOTR: ROTK made half a billion (thats $500 million ;)) in only 12 days.

icemastertron said:
THE fastest? How long did it take to make $300 mil? Because LOTR: ROTK made half a billion (thats $500 million ;)) in only 12 days.

Not domestically. Maybe Worldwide though. Where'd you get that info? :?

ultimatedjf said:
Not domestically. Maybe Worldwide though. Where'd you get that info? :?
You're right, sorry. If I'm remembering right, it was over $300 million it made in 12 days in the U.S. alone. $500 million world wide total in 12 days.

It was on Access Hollywood.

ultimatedjf said:
"I'm Pat O'Brien. I smell Oscar. Wait thats not true. I havent smelled anything since I was fifteen."

Pat O'Brien is a sick man.

"You're so ****in' hot. Let's get some strippers, some coke, let's just go ****in' crazy. If you agree with what I'm saying then just say 'yes' when you see me, OK?"

:D That was probably the greatest piece of audio that I've ever heard.

Star Wars fell to third at the Box Office this weekend, behind Madagascar (#1) and The Longest Yard (#2).

Meanwhile Cinderella Man debuted at number 4.
Nelson: HA HA!

Latest posts

Back